MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Mohd Azizul Ramli

MAB Rebranding First Class to "Business Suite"

More info? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Are they still selling it as F/A or is it just restricted to certain markets like ICN/SYD?

Just an update to this: MH has corrected its info on lounge access, the exec I interviewed for the article emailed me overnight to say that she was wrong about partner lounge access – from December 12, Business Suites passengers will not have access to Oneworld partner first class lounges (eg QF SYD), only to the MH First Class lounges (which are losing the First Class brand and being renamed as Platinum lounges).

J+ will no doubt allow those glc and corporate entitled to travel in j class to book, increase in revenue. However, only a350 and limited routes has this option; how much marketing resources mh should pour in is tricky.

This mh j+ is basically on par with qr qsuite, which imply mh j class is in inferior class. Mean mh ticket price on j class may need to be cheaper to be competitive.

Edited by KK Lee

Essentially this means there is no demand for First.

They should have known this already when F didn't sell in the A380s, so why did they put it in the A350s?

Love the airline to bits but the continuous disappointment is just a bit too much...

Essentially this means there is no demand for First.

They should have known this already when F didn't sell in the A380s, so why did they put it in the A350s?

Love the airline to bits but the continuous disappointment is just a bit too much...

Just remember, it was under previous government that they decided on having a First Class on A350 primarily to cater for government officials. I wonder if this re-branding has to do with the changes of PH government travel policy.

This mh j+ is basically on par with qr qsuite, which imply mh j class is in inferior class. Mean mh ticket price on j class may need to be cheaper to be competitive.

MH Business Suites (BS) is not on par with QR QSuites. QSuites doesn't allow you access to their own al-Safwa lounge and neither do you get more mileage. You could be booked in R or J but it's still QSuites. You need to be booked in FAP for MH BS.

So how much cheaper do you think MH J should be? Same price point as SV J?

MH J is still better than a lot of carriers - LH/LX/BA comes to mind.

MH Business Suites (BS) is not on par with QR QSuites. QSuites doesn't allow you access to their own al-Safwa lounge and neither do you get more mileage. You could be booked in R or J but it's still QSuites. You need to be booked in FAP for MH BS.

So how much cheaper do you think MH J should be? Same price point as SV J?

MH J is still better than a lot of carriers - LH/LX/BA comes to mind.

Also, the MH BS on the 350s have more room than the QR Qsuites.

I think the MH BS can be one of the best business class out there. Just like BAs F!

Also, the MH BS on the 350s have more room than the QR Qsuites.

I think the MH BS can be one of the best business class out there. Just like BAs F!

When I read MH BS - something else comes to mind ... :lol: :lol:

Just remember, it was under previous government that they decided on having a First Class on A350 primarily to cater for government officials. I wonder if this re-branding has to do with the changes of PH government travel policy.

I really have my doubts with statements as these. Any way you can substantiate this claim? Or did I miss it being reported somewhere?

MH official statement on the BS: https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/news-article/2018/malaysia-airlines-business-suite-launch.html

It states that from 12 Dec, the BS is available, but I tried to do a dummy booking for a flight to London in January, I still see First Flex pricing being offered. And I wonder how would those who have purchased first class tickets would have felt.

Anyway, hope that all goes well.

I really have my doubts with statements as these. Any way you can substantiate this claim? Or did I miss it being reported somewhere?

London is a popular destination for our royalty, ministers (in previous administration, not sure of current) and chairman of glc. MH F was basically to serve these vvip.

Back in the days, if you're scrolling through Instagram you can see who sits on MH first class. I think it's well known that BN cronies loved to upgrade themselves.

London is a popular destination for our royalty, ministers (in previous administration, not sure of current) and chairman of glc. MH F was basically to serve these vvip.

Most of the folks you mentioned fly on SQ.

Typically, only the very senior civil servants on official duties end up in MH F.

Bumped into few ministers in the Platinum Lounge a month back. Minister of Transport was in the First Class Suite.

One wonders if the new administration is also accorded Enrich Platinum membership

From MH's A350 Business Suite webpage:

• Seat pitch of 83 inches and width of 23 inches
  • Full-flat bed length of 83 inches

I am pretty sure that the full bed length is not 83". I am 73" (186cm) and I can't sleep with my legs straight (I think the full bed length is around 72" or 183cm).

Edited by Craig

Sign in to follow this