Guest Fendy

RR has in damansara i think...

not sure about PW.

funnily enough, we have GE here.

RR has in damansara i think...

not sure about PW.

funnily enough, we have GE here.

5517[/snapback]

G.E is located in Subang Airport. Go and ask if they got spare GE90 for sale lerrr.... biggrin.gif tongue.gif

GE is here because of the many CFM56 on MH's and AK's B737s. CFM is a collaboration between GE and Snecma of France.

How much for a recond CFM56? Should be nice to put into my Satria.

RR had won the contract to powered our A380.. in part of the contact,there is also what we call an exchange technology.. RR with Malaysian Government wanna gain more money, in win win situation, Malaysian must send their student to do more research on combustion chamber. In order to produce the most efficient combution chamber, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering - UTM cooparate with University Oxford, and the final result of the research will be submit to RR to produce its new turbine engine for the future..

Student that will do the research must be 1st class student, continue his study for Master or PHD in Oxford..fully sponsored by RR..

Yup, very complicated calculation involved..structure stability..

Have u ever heard of Mechanics of Materials ??

I've heard of metallurgy, a specialized study in the field of metals. I believe this is an important field in aircraft manufacturing as well.

An airframe I think is much more complicated...with electrical, plumbing, fuel tanks, avionics, seats etc etc that makes up a complete airframe.

Sign in to follow this