MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Issac Hendrikyarto Singkarno

GLA & BHX for MAS ?

I think they would be..though i would say that flights to Birmingham would be more profitable...as we know...when has it been that MH's flights to England are not profitable...the ppl love MH..and MH loves them..as simple as that!

How about Moscow?  Does Aeroflot fly to KUL still?

4839[/snapback]

Don't think they do anymore.

On another note, they should start increasing their frequency to ADL, cause it seems to be fully booked quite a fair bit of times. Starting end of Nov, SQ will increase their frequency from 4 to 5x weekly. That's when the new terminal in ADL commences commercial operations.

We need some double dailies into PER too! Perth always seems to be heavily booked.. that or another airline should start flying the route!

In the UK, apparantly the airport to watch is the former RAF Finningley, or what is now known as Robin Hood Airport (doncaster). I don't know whether MAS will fly there given they fly Manchester already, but it has quite a large population catchment zone... Sheffield, Doncaster, Newcastle etc etc

I agree with Sandeep on the PER frequencies. Although when I was living in PER, I used to fly SQ mostly, I regret that I didnt use MH as much as I did SQ coz they (SQ) were so uncomfortable and the service was not impressive at all. But I recall my friends who travelled on MH and they were always complaining of the full flight or over booked flight both KUL-PER and PER-KUL sectors.

I think they should reinstate the night flights into PER but perhaps the reason they have not is because they have increased capacity seasonally to the B744 from the usual B772. But MH is popular in PER too !!! As for ADL, they are doing really well too in terms of loads as my juniors tell me that ADL is similar to PER. With the new terminal almost ready, maybe they will increase it !!! Same case with MAN, LAX and EWR; they should increase it to daily before commencing services into other points in the UK and US.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I agree with Sandeep on the PER frequencies. Although when I was living in PER, I used to fly SQ mostly, I regret that I didnt use MH as much as I did SQ coz they (SQ) were so uncomfortable and the service was not impressive at all. But I recall my friends who travelled on MH and they were always complaining of the full flight or over booked flight both KUL-PER and PER-KUL sectors.

I think they should reinstate the night flights into PER but perhaps the reason they have not is because they have increased capacity seasonally to the B744 from the usual B772. But MH is popular in PER too !!! As for ADL, they are doing really well too in terms of loads as my juniors tell me that ADL is similar to PER. With the new terminal almost ready, maybe they will increase it !!! Same case with MAN, LAX and EWR;  they should increase it to daily before commencing services into other points in the UK and US.

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

4848[/snapback]

Your juniors ?

Yup, I can tell you that it is similar situation to PER. I have flown KUL - PER - KUL before a few years back and there were just 3 empty seats available on Economy. For my recent flt back to ADL 3 weeks ago, I was flying GCC and there wasn't even a single empty seat on GCC.

We need some double dailies into PER too! Perth always seems to be heavily booked.. that or another airline should start flying the route!

In the UK, apparantly the airport to watch is the former RAF Finningley, or what is now known as Robin Hood Airport (doncaster).  I don't know whether MAS will fly there given they fly Manchester already, but it has quite a large population catchment zone... Sheffield, Doncaster, Newcastle etc etc

4842[/snapback]

I thought we already have a double daily into PER..one in the morning using 744 and one in the evening using 772 ?

Robin Hood Airport..tht sounds good..but as we all know..many things involved in gettin the rights to land into an airport..but shldnt be a problem if they try doin it..maybe Malaysian Wings should organise a live video conference with our MD...tht way we can all give our suggestions... tongue.gif

Same case with MAN, LAX and EWR;  they should increase it to daily before commencing services into other points in the UK and US.

Agreed. What SQ has is a much more convenient flight schedules (daily flights to most of their destinations & more than 1 flight to choose from such as NYC, SFO, AKL, LAX & many more).

Btw, the problem at Birmingham is the runway aren't long enough, same problem the BKI airport has now.

forget robin hood airport.....that area is adequately served by Manchester, Leeds Bradford airport, newcastle, teeside, humberside etc.etc.... too many airports already in the midlands/yorkshire...

If MH were to fly to other destinations in the UK, it should be GLA or EDI .... DUB in ireland could be a possibility...

First and foremost....3xdaily to LHR, daily to MAN, EWR, LAX, CDG....

Btw, the problem at Birmingham is the runway aren't long enough, same problem the BKI airport has now.

4868[/snapback]

Another good reason for MAS to get the 787-8 laugh.gif .

With the B787-8, i think MAS alsocan fly from BKI to LAX non-stop without any restrictions, can they ?

MH currently codeshares on BMI services out of LHR to key cities in the UK and Ireland. I heard rumours that MH might opt for KLM as their UK partner if the Skyteam deal pulls through.

Do you think it's a good idea? From the trend that I see from my own circle of friends and family, all prefer to fly via LHR. The main reason is that most prefer to have a stopover in London (for shopping or whatnot) before returning to KUL. There is no comparing Amsterdam with London as a city destination when you deal with Malaysians.

Then there is also the mentality that you could only transfer to 'domestic' flights out of the nation's main airport (LHR in this case), when my university mate once booked a flight on KLM's KUL-AMS-Bristol most people were surprised to know that you don't always have to fly via London to get to UK cities wink.gif.

If and when MH joins Skyteam, I'm all for AMS being the hub to connect to european cities not served by MH but BMI cooperation should stay put to feed passengers out of LHR. KLM services may complement BMI's service to secondary UK cities including BHX which does not have a BMI service out of LHR. Brits who don't live in the Southeast would have a choice to skip LHR and go via AMS instead if they wish to.

Sign in to follow this