MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Liau

747 Extreme Climb

I had seen B757 doing the same kind of climb... not B744 though. Maybe the aircraft carries the pilots only?

Whoa, AoA must be approaching the stall angle!

4540[/snapback]

Ya, y wont the aircraft stall? Does it hv enough power to gain altitude?

With an empty aircraft (KUL-SZB maybe?) it is possible. The only mistake in that photo is the commentary: it is not 14L but 14R instead, standing from somewhere near the fuel farm.

Maybe Alex was standing near the Traffic Lights? With a long lens..im sure you can get a similar shot from there.

eh just a thought.

at take off from 14R with the plane perceived to be lightweight, it should have rotated way before hangar. meaning the aircraft should be at higher position at the spot where the picture was taken. huh.gif

similarly, if the plane were deemed to be heavier, yes it would have rotated somewhere parrallel to hangar or slightly beyond that, whereby, the result in terms of position and height above runway, would be as appeared in the shot. but no way a heavy aircraft like 747 could rocket like that . huh.gif

we have been spotting around weather centre many times and i personally find it hard to believe a 747 would have performed that way at that position. yes it is able to rocket like that when it is light. but assuming such light 747 takes off from charlie one, it would have rocketed earlier.....way before the hangar.

well this is just my theory. yes i may be wrong. anybody please feel free to respond to my comments. biggrin.gif

the discussion forum in a.net regarding the topic lacks one thing i suppose. though i agree to many of their comments regarding the texture and quality of picture after further assesments via adobe or other photo software, however, i am of the opinion that none is familiar with general positioning of aircraft during rotation at klia.

it is going to be very interesting should we dwell further on our dicussion regarding the image.

Guest Fendy

true azahan. that rotation is awfully late, as you pointed out, that building is already at the threshold of 32L, so either he used the entire length, or he took another entrance.

744 so brave to use Charlie 2 departure ?

Woooo .

If thats the case then it might be possible

But what bothers me is , we have spot at KUL so often but we see this next to never ( with the exception of empty or light Maskargo 742's ) .

But if you look at his other shots , you would notice that all of it has the same characteristics , which is , very steep climb , and the background , is plain . Nothing is around his aircraft

He's got many of these extreme climbs . Go view his photo's

really aaaa gavin?? the gentleman must be a lucky guy then............

i feel like taking a leisurely drive soon outside the perimeter of 14R/32L. then i may have a better perspective.

eh just a thought.

at take off from 14R with the plane perceived to be lightweight, it should have rotated way before hangar. meaning the aircraft should be at higher position at the spot where the picture was taken. 

similarly, if the plane were deemed to be heavier, yes it would have rotated somewhere parrallel to hangar or slightly beyond that, whereby, the result in terms of position and height above runway, would be as appeared in the shot. but no way a heavy aircraft like 747 could rocket like that . 

we have been spotting around weather centre many times and i personally find it hard to believe a 747 would have performed that way at that position. yes it is able to rocket like that when it is light. but assuming such light 747 takes off from charlie one, it would have rocketed earlier.....way before the hangar.

well this is just my theory. yes i may be wrong. anybody please feel free to respond to my comments. 

The aircraft seems to be very low, the angle more than 30degrees.. if like you said, early rotation and climbing, maybe it is high in the sky already., but it is very low compare to the angle.. must be very low in weight..very very light flight..

and, manage to go for rotation speed 200++ kts.. maybe.. wink.gif

One thing abt this guy, he's really desperate for hits. He does this sort of thing, then puts on the forum such a question.... And uses multiple nicks on A.net... I do believe we all know that Sepang = Alex Kueh = Y.A Kueh. right?

BTW, does this in anyway look a little realistic?

user posted image

4645[/snapback]

Haha .. That is too extreme la .. laugh.gif

agreed to tsentsan and idham.

forget about quality coz image is of great quality! and congrats that it garners so many hits in a.net. but i still find it hard to believe until i see the raw image.

ok ok ok

may be someone is happy that we prolong our discussion. may be it is planned that way. so i am not going to waste my time and energy to comment about the picture after this reply.

what i can say is

1. quality of image is good! no doubt its a.net quality and should be "accepted without warnings".

2. if it were true the 744 did rocket like that AT THAT PARTICULAR SPOT, the photographer was a very lucky guy indeed for having such event in front of his eyes. and i take my hat off for such good quality image. and he deserves thousands of hits in a.net.

3. if it were a fake picture where the photographer did some extraordinary magic at home before uploading, it would be a grave insult to me as an avid aviation enthusiast! and i abhor those jokers!!

4. is it real or fake? i believe it only if i see the raw image which,technically, is impossible.

Sign in to follow this