MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Air France-KLM (+cityhopper)

KLM Cityhopper will get 3 new F 100's...

11444 PH-OFL

11475 PH-OFM

11477 PH-OFN

all 3 are ex Pelita and currently at Dinard in France with TAT...

1st one to be delivered is expected in AMS around December 2005...

KLM Cityhopper will get 3 new F 100's...

11444 PH-OFL

11475 PH-OFM

11477 PH-OFN

all 3 are ex Pelita and currently at Dinard in France with TAT...

1st one to be delivered is expected in AMS around December 2005...

8252[/snapback]

Pieter, any chance for KLM Cityhopper to serve BFS? I would be very happy to see them here so that they could offer cheaper fare to KUL. So far, we only have Easyjet daily flight to AMS.

Nope,

In fact, BFS was served by F28-4000 up to a few years ago, but was stopped for commercial reasons: no high-yield market there...perfect for EZY, though...

Guess, you've to travel via DUB (code-share with EI) in order to make advantage of KLM's fares between (Northern)Ireland and Malaysia, via AMS wink.gif

Guys,

Just read the bulletin about KLM's new winter schedule. It will commence at the end of October.

Once again KLM and Air France have coordinated their flights.

KLM flights to Malabo (SSG) will be discontinued, however passengers to this destination can fly with AF via Paris (CDG).

KLM will be taking responsibility for the flight to Kuwait (KWI), so AF pax can fly with KLM via Amsterdam (AMS).

KLM will also take over AF's flights between AMS and Bordeaux (BOD) with a Fokker F70 from KLM cityhopper. This will be flown twice daily.

KLM will seize the flights between Rotterdam (RTM) and London City (LCY). Eindhoven (EIN) will get three daily flight to CDG; operated by AF. EIN-AMS will be discontinued in December, due to better/faster train connections, by the Dutch Railway, between these cities.

Business Jet

As per October 30th, KLM will offer six weekly BBJ flights between AMS-Houston (IAH) on a 737-700 from PrivatAir. The plane will be equipped with 44 seats. This flight is in addition to its regular daily 747-400 service to IAH. The 767-300 service will be dropped for the BBJ flights.

KLM will also add a new African destination to its network; three time weekly 767-300 flight to Entebbe (EBB) in Uganda.

On flight to Nairobi (NBO) bigger aircrafts will be used. More pax can connect on KLM's partner Kenya Airways (KQ).

Also a new destination is Hyderabad (HDD) in India with a MD-11 three times a week.

KLM will also increase flight to Dubai (DXB) from seven to twelve times weekly.

The Airbus A330-200 is now operated between AMS-Washington Dulles (DUL). In the winter Newark (EWR) will be added. At the end of the winter season Bahrain/Abu Dhabi (BAH/AUH) will be added to the A330-200 routes.

Further "news" was made public today by our CEO:

"we will BUY 3 F100's from aircraft broker Debis. The aircraft have been flying for Indonesian carrier Pelita. The aircraft were built in 1993 and 1994, which will make them the youngest aircraft in our F100 fleet. The first two are expected to arrive at the end of November (2005). The third will follow at the end of December (2005). They will go into planned production by April next year, so that leaves us time to train additional cabin- and cockpit crew through the winter period. We will also have time to bring them up to KLC standards technically".

Unfortunately, this will most probably mean removal of the LEATHER seats and replace them with the standard CLOTH KLM seats mad.gif

Wonder, what will happen to the built-in "folding" stairs (a la DC9) fitted on these 100's ....

so, they will be bought and not leased from Debis...

Exactly mad.gif

KLM will go from a 6-wave to a 7-wave system per day effective this coming Winterschedules, so we need more planes to cover the same amount of destinations; there's also talk of downgrading some 737 flights to F100 or even F70, due to less loads during the Winter-period; with these 3 extra we'll go to 19 F100's, 21 F70's and still operate 14 F50's, totalling 54 Fokkers ohmy.gif

Some more regional- and KLC news:

Goodbye to PH-LMV ohmy.gif

Effective 30oct05, KLC will take-over the Amsterdam-Bordeaux route from AF: equipment upgraded from E145 to F70

Also, the Rotterdam-London/City route will be suspended (VLM will continue: do I have to say more ? tongue.gif )

AF will start Paris-CDG Eindhoven 3x daily flights with ATR42-500...

(see also before)...

Would also like to "introduce" to you the 4 regional airlines in the Airfrance-KLM group:

- Regional: 385 flights a day; 49 destinations; 64 aircraft (Fokker, Embraer, Saab);

1650 staff; homebase Nantes/FR.

- Britair: 290 flights a day; 40 destinations; 47 aircraft (Fokker, ATR, CRJ); 1050

staff; homebase Morlaix/FR.

- CityJet: 80 flights a day; 10 destinations; 19 aircraft (Bae); 400 staff; homebase

Dublin/IE.

- KLM cityhopper: 240 flights a day; 48 destinations; 51 aircraft (Fokker); 1250

staff; homebase Amsterdam/NL.

Exactly  mad.gif

KLM will go from a 6-wave to a 7-wave system per day effective this coming Winterschedules, so we need more planes to cover the same amount of destinations; there's also talk of downgrading some 737 flights to F100 or even F70, due to less loads during the Winter-period; with these 3 extra we'll go to 19 F100's, 21 F70's and still operate 14 F50's, totalling 54 Fokkers  ohmy.gif

8382[/snapback]

So Pieter, is KLM Cityhopper still operating F-100 from AMS to Stavanger, Norway? That was the only time I flew with KLM -C back in 1997. Were you already working at AMS then?

Sim,

KLM operates 3x a day to SVG now: morning is a 737 and afternoon + evening is (still) a Fokker 100.

Working with KLM since 1972 and with KLC since 1986 biggrin.gif

Sim,

KLM operates 3x a day to SVG now: morning is a 737 and afternoon + evening is (still) a Fokker 100.

Working with KLM since 1972 and with KLC since 1986  biggrin.gif

11961[/snapback]

Wow, that's long. More than 30 years with KLM.

Edited by Sing Yew

Wow, that's long. More than 30 years with KLM.

11966[/snapback]

But BIG supporter of MAS wink.gif

Sim,

Working with KLM since 1972 and with KLC since 1986  biggrin.gif

11961[/snapback]

Yeah. I flew AMS - SVG on the morning flight and flew SVG - AMS on the morning flight the next day. Both were on F-100. On the AMS - SVG sector, we were bussed to board the plane on the remote stand, and it was a very chilly and windy October morning at AMS........

Wow. You started working with KLM since 1972. I was only born in 1972 huh.gif

It's still like that, as all KLC flights depart from the B-platform at AMS, close to the Cargo-area; you should have flown today, as temps are 21 degrees now and sunny wink.gif ohmy.gif

Effective Summer 2006, KLM cityhopper will re-introduce service to Billund in Denmark. It used to be a Saab 340 service a long time (6-8 years) ago, and now they plan to do a 3x daily service with the Fokker F70 !!! Quite an increase in seat-capacity, I should say, but now also with lot's of French passengers connecting at AMS, unlike before...KLC will be the main AF-KL operator into Scandinavia and the Baltics...(RIX and TLL are very successful)...

Don't know, yet, what the reaction of Sterling.dk (former Maersk) will be; currently, they operate 3x daily with Boeing 735/73G...no doubt, earning Skyteam miles on NB/DM will soon cease...

Yeah, I know; just gotten the operational dates of the aforementioned "new" Fokker F100's (ex Pelita):

PH-OFM - 12dec05

PH-OFL - 02jan06

PH-OFN - 06feb06

more production = more work = more job-security wink.gif

Not really KLM cityhopper news, but Air France-KLM news announced today:

KLM will replace their 27 Boeing 737-300's and -400's with NG Boeing 737's, as the oldest was delivered in 1986; it was not stated which types will be ordered, but KLM is still studying to fit them with wingtips as well (as great savings on fuel-consumption was noticed by subsidiary Transavia.com); replacements will be delivered when the old lease-contracts are expired smile.gif Personally, hoping for some -700's...

On a second item: the holding Air France-KLM has announced a profit for the 1st half-year (MAR-SEP 2005) of Euro 829 Million ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Despite high fuel-costs, the profit of the 1st quarter of 717 million was increased to the aforementioned amount, mainly because of synergies...

Guys,

Not really KLM cityhopper news, but some hot news of another KLM subsidiary: Transavia.com !!!

They introduced a new branding with a new uniform and livery today...

The 1st plane will be released before Xmas (rumoured to be PH-XRE)

The uniforms were designed by 2 Dutch guys: Fransisco van Benthum and Oscar Raaijmakers (both born in 1972)...the livery was designed by Landor Associates.

Please, check the link below and let me know what you think of it (do not forget to scroll down to the interior picture as well) ! : "bekijk de nieuwe livery vliegtuig + interieur"

http://www.transavia.com/tra/nieuws.nsf/vw...s/NL~new_livery

By the majority of the Dutch spotters, the new colours are already called "the flying cigar" wink.gif : good point, I think, with the band around the front fuselage a la Air Portugal...

Could be, regarding the school-uniforms, but we don't have these in NL biggrin.gif

According to the Dutch website www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl and the KLM spokesperson, the company Air-France/KLM has started a regional aircraft review where "it could be possible that regional Fokker aircraft could be swapped in the future between one (read Regional) to another (read KLM cityhopper) airline"...the French will look for "new equipment" (Embraer ?) in that case.

It is generally known, cityhopper is still looking for additional Fokker F70 aircraft, but these are extremely hard to find on the 2nd hand market...so, maybe the 5 F70's of Regional or even "all 21 Fokker planes (read Regional and Brit Air), will one day move over to their roots"...

Decision anticipated in the 2nd half of 2006 !!!

Good news for KLM cityhopper (and even more work for me) wink.gif

I've only been on a Fokker once, between KL and Koh Samui on the defunct Pelangi Airways smile.gif Was supposed to come back on one also, but the flights were so delayed they chartered the Berjaya Dash 7, and I flew ack on that instead.

Anyhow, whenever I think of fokker, I think of this joke: Pieter you must have heard it:

A 747 is waiting at the holding point for a F50 to land before taking off... Both 747 pilots were watching the F50 bird make its graceful nose-down approach... winds were strong and the F50 seemed all over the place.. finally, the F50 touched down HARD!!! Immediately the captain of the 747 broadcast on the tower frequency: "My, my, that was a "Fokker" of a landing!" and almost immediately, the following reply was heard from the F50 pilots; "Yes, it was almost the end of a beautiful 'Friendship'. biggrin.gif

LOL...in a way the F50 is still a (modified) Friendship anyhow...but, they're sturdy and linger on...