MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin Ho

Flight to US

I just got news that my flight to NY, USA on 5th Nov and 26th(return) has been switched from 744 to 772... strange, I thought those info that was provided to the booking system is the final one???

Ben-G

Ben-G,

Aircraft types are always published SUBJECT TO CHANGE ohmy.gif

In fact, a few airlines even use EQV (equipment varies) for aircraft type, NOT to pinpoint on a specific type mellow.gif

Also, for operational reasons, a, let's say, 763 can be changed to a MD1 without notice to the passengers and at the last minute...

This, KUL-STO-NYC flight, however, is a scheduled change due to lower loads during the Winter period...

Ben-G,

Aircraft types are always published SUBJECT TO CHANGE  ohmy.gif

In fact, a few airlines even use EQV (equipment varies) for aircraft type, NOT to pinpoint on a specific type  mellow.gif

Also, for operational reasons, a, let's say, 763 can be changed to a MD1 without notice to the passengers and at the last minute...

This, KUL-STO-NYC flight, however, is a scheduled change due to lower loads during the Winter period...

10130[/snapback]

Pieter,

I've noticed in a few timetables that KLM uses EQV on a few of their routes. Does this mean that they only assign aircrafts to operate those routes based on their availabilities? Or do they assign aircrafts based on the loads of that particular sector?

Btw...

What's an MD1? tongue.gif

availability is one thing, and demand is another. if port A has more pax than port B; and both aircraft's schedules fit nicely into the network when they're swapped, then the airline may consider switching them over.

ben,

i am sure TK would be happy to fly triple to newark. he hasnt flown there for a long long time. he's in vienna today. unfortunately i am always in pathetic ampang. sad.gif sad.gif darn!

ben,

i am sure TK would be happy to fly triple to newark. he hasnt flown there for a long long time. he's in vienna today. unfortunately i am always in pathetic ampang.  sad.gif  sad.gif  darn!

10146[/snapback]

Come to Dubai laaa... mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pieter,

I've noticed in a few timetables that KLM uses EQV on a few of their routes. Does this mean that they only assign aircrafts to operate those routes based on their availabilities? Or do they assign aircrafts based on the loads of that particular sector?

Btw...

What's an MD1?  tongue.gif

10133[/snapback]

Imran,

1st based on loads, than 2nd on day of operation: availability (when certain aircraft brake-down)...

Sorry, MD1 should have been M11 wink.gif

Sign in to follow this