MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian M

Pelangi Air

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0734176/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0643808/L/

It went bankrupted. The end.

Is there any story behind it? What happened to this F50 now since the last photo shoot of it and also the sistership of -MER? Why they didn't sell it away at the 1st place or let MH use or give it to Netherlands Aero Museum just like the 3rd prototype of F27 that currently gracefully displayed? Or at least 'donate' to be Stork Fokker Maritime? Are they destined to be scrap and not to fly again (No hope for recond?)?

What about the DO-228 fleets? Sold?

What a waste of a good plane.... it makes me very furious to see they leave it like that rotting.

Guest Fendy

i think subang got a couple of 228s rotting...

also, i do remember tioman being a hotspot for 228s... various airlines we never heard of... and not uncommon to see 4 or 5x 228 sitting there... anyone remember this or was i eating mushrooms again?

That's a good idea Seth..But looking at the condition of it, god knows what major problems it would have..How long ago since pelangi went Bancrupt???

I know that there's one Pelangi F50 in Subang...Anymore around in Malaysia..

my uncle once flew on it from Kerteh to Tioman. he said that it's like riding "bas kilang". the seat is shaking and squeking. the windows is dusty. it's like they don't maintain the condition.

I used to saw the F50 at Kerteh around 1992 to 1995, my dad used to take me to Kerteh because that's where he took the helicopter to offshore when he still working in Malaysia.

Azuddin

Raj,

actly,i dun know when was exactly Pelangi went bancrupt...but in 1999/2000 Pelangi still operate its flight to Kota Bharu using its F50...at that time,i was a young boy (primary school student) but had already became a planes spotters :lol: n i do remember when i stand at da airport fences wit my little brother,i saw Pelangi pilot fondled da engines' propeler n fuselage...maybe to say goodbye for da last time... :p :lol:

Raj,

actly,i dun know when was exactly Pelangi went bancrupt...but in 1999/2000 Pelangi still operate its flight to Kota Bharu using its F50...at that time,i was a young boy (primary school student) but had already became a planes spotters :lol: n i do remember when i stand at da airport fences wit my little brother,i saw Pelangi pilot fondled da engines' propeler n fuselage...maybe to say goodbye for da last time... :p :lol:

From what I know, Pelangi aircraft were financed by by a local bank and when the company had financial difficulties, the bank seized the aircraft. Probably they were waiting for good offers for the aircraft without knowing that an aircraft that doesn't fly loses its value pretty quick.

As for the "propeller fondling" I too do it everytime before I fly - to check for damage, cracks, etc.

IPB Image

9M-MER

:o :o :o Where's the propellers?!?! Look worst state than JHB ones.

IPB Image

Dornier with parts all taken out

Very looks like in the graveyard state.

IPB Image

MER is not the only one at storage, so is MGK :)

The propeller cone is gone on engine 1! I see the nose gear well door is open, is that the standard procedures for aircraft in storage? 2 Pelangi's also have them opened. And what's the red ribbons on the gears for?

Maybe Malaysian Wings can buy the airline at RM5.00, and make a new budget airline..... ???

Call it "Malaysian Wings". Fly from as low as 50sen.....

B)-->

QUOTE(Kelvin B @ Feb 6 2006, 09:52 PM) 28453[/snapback]

Maybe Malaysian Wings can buy the airline at RM5.00, and make a new budget airline..... ???

Call it "Malaysian Wings". Fly from as low as 50sen.....

nice idea, i wouldn't mind owning the airline :D :D .

50 cent :blink: i don't think that is going to cover the fuel and ground service. should charge more on in-flight sale and meal. one more thing, like Continental always says "No free beer" :D :D :D .

Azuddin

now the problem is the F50 look like cant fly anymore! :D

hmm, will the plane sold to anyone as a collection in the future?

LOL if they sell it at affordable (metal dump price) price then I would certainly buy and clean it and put it on display :p Recond it's interior. I think this baby has the chance to fly by replacing the faulty parts. Just the airframe is in question.

if they sell it for scrap metal price, i wouldn't buy it for private use. maybe i could start doing business with MMU ;) ;) . they could get their fastest way from malacca to cyberjaya :D :D

if they sell it for scrap metal price, i wouldn't buy it for private use. maybe i could start doing business with MMU ;) ;) . they could get their fastest way from malacca to cyberjaya :D :D

LOL fly the route from Batu Berendam to Subang? Or u plan to make a STOL stop on the top of the building? :p

Edited by Adrian M

LOL fly the route from Batu Berendam to Subang? Or u plan to make a STOL stop on the top of the building? :p

no la.. just landing in Plus highway. :D

I believe commercial airlines using turboprops (like Berjaya Air) can operate out of SZB. I would not mind flying on one if it means not having to go to KUL. I think turboprop services within the peninsular would be a great convinience for Klang Valley residents.

Looks like MEQ is destined to become spare parts too. May be spares for MAS' F-50s?

Have always thought that MAS used to own Pelangi Air? The registration says something about it. 9M-M**

Edited by S V Choong

Have always thought that MAS used to own Pelangi Air? The registration says something about it. 9M-M**

Thought so too. IIRC both MEQ & MER were from MAS.

From what I know, Pelangi aircraft were financed by by a local bank and when the company had financial difficulties, the bank seized the aircraft. Probably they were waiting for good offers for the aircraft without knowing that an aircraft that doesn't fly loses its value pretty quick.

As for the "propeller fondling" I too do it everytime before I fly - to check for damage, cracks, etc.

Cpt. Attan...what kind of a/c do u fly...b737,F50,"memerang kembar",b777,b747? :lol:

i dont think MEQ n MER were from MH, coz we've got 2 aircraft MGJ n MGK which were ex Pelangi aircraft.

Dante, any idea what was the previous rego of MGJ and MGK when they ere with Pelangi?

MGG is the one which crash upon landing at the old Tawau airport, correct?

MGG is the one which crash upon landing at the old Tawau airport, correct?

I think that was MGH that crashed on 15th September 1995.

Cpt. Attan...what kind of a/c do u fly...b737,F50,"memerang kembar",b777,b747? :lol:

<_ i think he fly cassena. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blum.gif" alt=":p">

sorry la, Adrian, out topic liao... hehe... :D

Edited by Sherman

Sign in to follow this