- MAHB is likely to call for a request for proposal for the development of the PIA in the second quarter of the year
- Of the six, four are local companies, namely, Ideal United Bintang International Bhd (IUBI), Muhibbah Engineering Bhd, Gamuda Bhd and AirAsia Group Bhd. The two Chinese companies are China Railway Engineering Corp (CREC) and another China construction firm.
- PIA would be expanded at a cost of about RM1.2bil to accommodate 16 million passengers
- development would be funded via PFI
- Post expansion will have space for 40 total aircraft, comprising 10 Boeing 777 aircraft, 26 smaller planes (looks like its similar number of gates to KLIA MTB) and 4 propeller planes
Edited by David.W, 03 April 2019 - 10:55 PM.