MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Simon

Melaka spotting

Ok guys, see what i can catch in Melaka :p

Today me & Louis rush to the Batu Berendam Airport to catch Riau Airlines knowing it departed from Pekan Baru, Indonesia at 1625. The flight takes about 2hours. By the time we arrived there, it was already landed :( So we decided to take some pics at the fence beside the terminal.

This is what i got:

DSC_0491Riau.jpg

DSC_0501riau.jpg

DSC_0503riau.jpg

Pilot in the making :

DSC_0497riau.jpg

And then we were told by the guard it will depart shortly. So we drove to the other side to catch the take-off.

Just on time...the a/c positioning

DSC_0508riau.jpg

...and

DSC_0509riau.jpg

DSC_0510riau.jpg

DSC_0516riau.jpg

There all for today....nothing much to spot here :p

Edited by Simon

Good catch wor Simon in Melaka. :clapping:

Didn't know that Riau airlines is flying to Melaka. Saw their F50 in KUL years ago before they axed the route. <_>

I think they plane landed in wrong place as Melaka is not Kampar. :pardon:

Not bad, the guard there even informed you guys about the departure and not ask you guys to "beredar".

Keep the Melaka spotting thread alive by adding more photos from time to time. :drinks:

Good catch wor Simon in Melaka. :clapping:

Didn't know that Riau airlines is flying to Melaka. Saw their F50 in KUL years ago before they axed the route. <_>

I think they plane landed in wrong place as Melaka is not Kampar. :pardon:

Not bad, the guard there even informed you guys about the departure and not ask you guys to "beredar".

Keep the Melaka spotting thread alive by adding more photos from time to time. :drinks:

Thanks :lol: The guard(A lady) did ask me some questions, "You dari mana? Ambar gambar untuk buat apa?". My reply, "Saya dari Melaka, Hobby la".

She smiles at me & Louis and nodd :) :rofl:

Wah,Simon :clapping:

Now you're the taiko of Melaka :hi:

Jangan.....:lol: :rofl:

WaaaaHHhhHH~!!! Mallaca also got spotting thread ahhh~!!! :good::good:

I think that F50 is the biggest 'pax aircraft' in oparate Mallaca right~???

Kawan Kawan Let Go to MallacaLah~??? That F50 nose already kill me.. Kampar in Klang right~?

WaaaaHHhhHH~!!! Mallaca also got spotting thread ahhh~!!! :good::good:

I think that F50 is the biggest 'pax aircraft' in oparate Mallaca right~???

Kawan Kawan Let Go to MallacaLah~??? That F50 nose already kill me.. Kampar in Klang right~?

You are right, that's the biggest aircraft :lol: Currently the airport is under expansion, should be ready by 2010. Tony will be sending his fleet there in the future :lol: :drinks:

I was bemuse by the title Malacca spotting.. Great stuff Taiko 1:400 cum Taiko Malacca Spotter hehe..

More more more.. haha.. and i believe your jpeg compression is abit high, try a lower compression.. then ur pix.. syiok kao kao!! woo wooo hooo :yahoo:

Pilot in the making :

DSC_0497riau.jpg

Is his door not properly closed?? :blink:

Wah! Melaka spotting thread created... Didn't have time to get there when Louis inform me while I having class on that time..

I hope we will continue to expand this thread.

it was indeed a great and tiring day for me ( friday ) ...... had to entertain my friends that came all the way from sabah , bring them jalan jalan before they continue their journey to singapore . Then 3.30 pm head for class till 4.30 , take a short break then continue to go malacca airport to spot the intended target , Riau Airlines F50 with Simon. My day does not end after spotting , went straight to cinema to catch Hancock , then went for a minum session , although was eager to come back and edit those shots and post it as soon as possible , had no choice , movie ticket has been bought priorly

anyway , Yes!, this was my first official spotting session at MKZ :yahoo: , indeed it offer me a differend kind of spotting and different thrill :p , catching one plane also hard :rofl: .

Reach airport around 6.15 pm , Riau PK-RAS alrdy at the apron , a bit dissapointed coz we were hoping to catch her on final . But anyway , shot at apron will do , and yes , my closest F50 spotting experience , feel like can touch with my hand :p , joking la :rofl:

anyway , here are my shots

DSC03717.jpg

first time seeing :yahoo: , hahaha , i was sooo excited to see her :D , it is strange , frankly , seeing a F50 at BKI is really different from seeing a F50 at MKZ .

DSC03722.jpg

sorry bout the cons :sorry:

DSC03723.jpg

since we only have one plane to spot , try to shot as many :p , so this is suppose to be 3/4 section of the F50 , as seen , Visit Indonesia Year 2008

DSC03721.jpg

of course , not to miss the tail section of romeo alpha sierra

DSC03724.jpg

last but not least , malacca's beloved sky roamers :D , can hear it roaming about the sky above me almost all the time .

sorry , no rotation shots from me , my rotation shots screwed up <_>

anyway , that all for the mean time :D

:drinks:

really thanks a lot for your afford, Simon and Louis...

Louis, i know how is your feel is when you saw a F50 in Melacca. :rofl: just like we saw a 330 or 777 or 767 in BKI. :p

really thanks a lot for your afford, Simon and Louis...

Louis, i know how is your feel is when you saw a F50 in Melacca. :rofl: just like we saw a 330 or 777 or 767 in BKI. :p

Me too hehe.... the feeling hehe.... :p

Wow... F50 in Melakaaa!!

Very nice Simon. More, please.

What's the timetable is like?

Louis, Simon

You should be there before 9 AM to catch the F-50 first arrival. Sometimes during that time, I'll be at my watch tower (Ixora apartment 18th floor) to catch the arrival.

Azuddin

Wow... F50 in Melakaaa!!

Very nice Simon. More, please.

What's the timetable is like?

The arrival is like morning and evening on alternate day.

just now went spotting with chee yong , we went early today to catch Riau F50 arrival. So we decide to wait runway 21 to catch it's arrival . We have trouble to know which runway is active since there were no trainee pilot flying on Sunday. While waiting , i was thinking , if Riau land using runway 03 , then , we will be at the wrong place to catch it's arrival.

AND YES !!!!! , Riau really landed on runway 03 :angry: , We were so angry when we saw her tail sticking out from far and taxying toward the terminal . But nvm , one day sure we will catch her on arrival :D

first and foremost , sorry for the picture quality , all are heavily back litted , we have no choice :pardon:

here are my take for today , sorry if it is boring , since we have only one a/c to shoot :p

DSC03778.jpg

The CAPT and his dutchlady

DSC03781.jpg

Who's inside ??? :D

DSC03799.jpg

while waiting to depart , pilot and FSS take their time to have a chit chat

DSC03827.jpg

ground crew assisting this individual to board the F50

DSC03829.jpg

DSC03836.jpg

right engine started

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03848.jpg

at the stroke of sunset , the left engine started and Riau dutch lady PK- RAS ready to depart to Pekan Baru

DSC03855.jpg

leaving the MKZ terminal

DSC03858.jpg

taxying to backtrack runway 21 for take off

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

last but not least .........

DSC03868.jpg

control tower of MKZ

DSC03871.jpg

luggage scanning area

DSC03873.jpg

partial view of the MKZ Terminal

:drinks:

thanks azahan , khaled and kenneth chong , :D

Khaled , masih ada jumpseat kah ??? what airline ??? hehehe , sorry la , really hard to find information of MKZ

kenneth , it is not hat , it is her hair :D , sorry coz the picture not so clear ........