MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
flee

MAVCOM: Air Traffic Rights Bulletins

Hmmm... wonder why they want them?

Have I read this correctly that MAB have an extra 14 flights to SIN as well?

KUL-SIN v.v./ +14 weekly Malaysia Airlines Berhad Jul-19

Lastly the TKG route is interesting because the only route available from KL or Singapore is via Jakarta. I know some Indonesians in SG who travel via Batam

Hmmm... wonder why they want them?

Have I read this correctly that MAB have an extra 14 flights to SIN as well?

KUL-SIN v.v./ +14 weekly Malaysia Airlines Berhad Jul-19

MH is already flying 330 once a day to SIN. Either there's a sudden surge in demand or they are trying to drown out competitors (I don't see how Mavcom will approve this if they are just flooding capacity). OD was also approved for 42 weekly SZB-XSP back in April.

Other notable news:

Returned Air Traffic Rights:

OD: 7 weekly BKI-MYY and KCH-MYY each

MH: KUL-DPS 7x weekly and KUL-BKK 4 weekly (seasonal flights?). It's still bookable until October.

MH is already flying 330 once a day to SIN. Either there's a sudden surge in demand or they are trying to drown out competitors (I don't see how Mavcom will approve this if they are just flooding capacity).

MH613/617 seems to be back to 738 from 26 Oct. I wonder if MH just hasn't loaded the 330 for the winter schedule or if the extra frequencies have anything to do with it.

Would be great if they could bring back the old ~23:40 ex SIN (I forget the flight number). Would be useful for those who need to have dinner before leaving :D

Edited by Chris Tan

The October Bulletin is out. Notable applications:

AK Group: BKI-DMK 3x, KUL-DAD 7x

MH Group: KUL-JED 4x, KUL-MED 8x, BKI-PKX 3x (did MH serve BKI-PEK before?)

OD Group: KCH-HAK 2x, KUL-MLE 4x 

Edited by Craig

7 hours ago, Craig said:

The October Bulletin is out. Notable applications:

AK Group: BKI-DMK 3x

Huh? 3rd attempt? 

On 11/9/2019 at 6:23 AM, Waiping said:

Huh? 3rd attempt? 

Applied for 3 weekly services. Most countries grant services based on frequencies whilst some grant based on weekly seats (e.g. Australia/India in Malaysia's case) and "units" (e.g. Indonesia). No idea what 1 unit is equivalent to.

10 hours ago, Craig said:

Applied for 3 weekly services. Most countries grant services based on frequencies whilst some grant based on weekly seats (e.g. Australia/India in Malaysia's case) and "units" (e.g. Indonesia). No idea what 1 unit is equivalent to.

Previously they were also flying 3 times daily - Tue, Thu and Sat.

5 hours ago, Waiping said:

Previously they were also flying 3 times daily - Tue, Thu and Sat.

Sorry typo it's 3 times weekly. 

Air Traffic Rights Applications Decreased by 74.3 Per Cent in First Half of 2020

KUALA LUMPUR, 13 July 2020 – The Malaysian Aviation Commission (MAVCOM) recently released its half-year Air Traffic Rights (ATR) report, encapsulating MAVCOM’s ATR allocations for the Malaysian civil aviation sector for the period of 1 January to 30 June 2020. 

ATR applications in the first half of the year saw a 74.3 per cent reduction from the second half of 2019, as well as a 27 per cent reduction compared with the corresponding period of the previous year. 

During the period under review, the Commission approved 27 ATR applications, equivalent to 87.1 per cent of the applications received. Two ATR allocations were for domestic destinations while the remaining 25 were for international destinations. Approvals for international routes comprise of seven for destinations in China, one for Amsterdam, one for Auckland and the remaining 16 for other Asian destinations. 

In terms of allocations by airports, 20 ATRs were issued for flights originating from KL International Airport (KUL), two from Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (SZB), and five from other Malaysian airports. 

Of the 27 ATR approvals for the first half of the year, Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB) and Malindo Airways Sdn. Bhd. (Malindo Air) received the highest number of approvals, totalling 14 ATRs, while AirAsia Berhad, AirAsia X Berhad, Raya Airways and My Jet Xpress followed with allocations of six, five, one and one respectively. 

In addition, there were 39 ATRs that were approved prior to the first half of 2020 but were not utilised by the airlines. These ATRs were subsequently returned to MAVCOM during the first half of the year. The highest number of unutilised ATRs was from AirAsia Group Berhad (17). This was followed by Malindo Air (15), MAB (five), Fly Firefly Sdn. Bhd. (Firefly) (one) and Raya Airways Sdn. Bhd. (one). 

To ease airlines’ administrative challenges during the current pandemic, the Commission had removed the condition which automatically revokes ATRs which are not utilised within six months from the date of the grant of the approval to airlines, effective 5 June 2020. This in effect, allows Malaysian scheduled carriers to keep their current portfolio of ATRs for an indefinite period until further notice. 

This removal will not apply to ATRs that have already been deemed expired and automatically revoked, as well as for routes in which airlines have wilfully terminated on their own accord. 

The Air Traffic Rights Report is released on a bi-annual basis and more information can be found on MAVCOM’s website at www.mavcom.my.