Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Kuala Terengganu Sultan Mahmud WMKN/TGG

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#41 T Azahan

T Azahan

Malaysian Wings Crew

• Platinum Member
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:10 PM

idham....

actually....best ooooohhh.....

#42 T Azahan

T Azahan

Malaysian Wings Crew

• Platinum Member
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:15 PM

AND FINALLY, AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF WAITING.............

YIPPEEEEEEEE...........SOON TK CAN LAND HIS ELEPHANT HERE......

user posted image

AND THE LAND BEHIND THE AIRPORT HAS BEEN CLEARED TO COMMENCE GROUNDWORK....

user posted image

#43 Ibrahim

Ibrahim

3D Artist

• Platinum Member
  • 4,175 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:19 PM

wuhoooo.. lucky spotting day huh... laugh.gif nice new airport will be build.. realy beautifull and rich with malay architecture.. superb.. anybody one to this airport on Flight Simulator.. realy hard to design it. cool.gif Anyway Thank Azahan for the nice picture there... cool.gif look like Princess Juliana International Airport of St-Maarten Netherlands Antilles with the aircraft comming from the beach... tongue.gif

P.S Abg.Fitri congrat cool.gif aku ingatkan hang tak kawin lagi.. nampak muda jaaa... rolleyes.gif.. Fitri where the gambar at My School that day ??? wink.gif

#44 Norman

Norman
  • 4,574 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:48 PM

Wahh... even the big signboard also got "motion blur" laugh.gif laugh.gif

So, are we going to see runway extension into the sea??
Then, cannot ride horses anymore tongue.gif
-

#45 Hazani Razalli

Hazani Razalli
  • Gold Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Fitri Shukri @ Sep 7 2005, 01:23 PM)

In Kerteh, don't forgot to ask hazani to belanja the ROTI TEMPAYAN KERTEH by the roadside! Had one 2 days ago, very good!!!

View Post

Eh! why you all guys dun wanna call me whenever you all pass thru, regardless who (Norman especially), Teh Tarik is always on me whenever you all have it in Kerteh. biggrin.gif

#46 Gavin Andrew David

Gavin Andrew David

Flying High

• Platinum Club Members
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(Hazani Razalli @ Sep 7 2005, 07:10 PM)
Eh! why you all guys dun wanna call me whenever you all pass thru, regardless who (Norman especially), Teh Tarik is always on me whenever you all have it in Kerteh. biggrin.gif

View Post

If I pass through and drink too much teh how ? sad.gif

#47 T Azahan

T Azahan

Malaysian Wings Crew

• Platinum Member
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:35 PM

hazani....if gavin calls when he is around kerteh.....careful ok...make sure you have at least freakin 50bucks in your pocket as there is McD nearby your place. right???

#48 Imran K.

Imran K.
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:22 PM

Hazani,
Got place to set up "DubaiBriyani" shop in Kerteh aa? If got...want to start business aa? Can sell to "tourists" and spotters passing thru! Banyak $$$ to be made bro!

#49 Rozhan

Rozhan
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:23 PM

It is going to be a beautiful airport for TGG. It seems I must go there soon to feel the atmosphere of the charming old airport before it makes way. I hope the new airport will be spotter friendly. By the way, is it designed by the famous architect Raja Dato’ Kamarul Baharin? He did splendid works of art with the Tengku Tengah Zaharah Mosque near KT, and the Terengganu State Museum at Bukit Losong. And of course the superb Aryani Resort.

#50 T Azahan

T Azahan

Malaysian Wings Crew

• Platinum Member
  • 3,819 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:42 PM

rozhan...

i am not surprised if the design was done by raja baharin. after all he's from terengganu with marvelous design track records.

#51 Rozhan

Rozhan
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:49 PM

Yes Azahan. I see his trademark all over the design. Always beautiful traditional Malay architecture whenever he designs them. I was impressed with the grandeur of the Terengganu State Museum when I first went there. Breathtaking... like a palace.

#52 Radzi

Radzi
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,543 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:59 AM

New terminal only for TGG? What I need is a 4000 ft runway extension and ILS, only then will I call it improvement. KBR and AOR will have ILS soon......

#53 Gavin Andrew David

Gavin Andrew David

Flying High

• Platinum Club Members
  • 7,055 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:17 AM

is ILS very difficult to implement or is it not implemented due to cost?

#54 Rozhan

Rozhan
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 04:17 PM

I suppose ILS helps in landing airplanes in poor visibility. I studied in Pengkalan Chepa, Kota Bharu in the early 1980s, and KBR's runway was parallel to my school, maybe about 500 metres apart, so landings and takeoffs were visual and audio feast to me all day and night smile.gif Sometimes in the early mornings when fog was very thick, I could hear MAS' B737-200 circling the airspace, sometimes up to 40 minutes until the weather cleared a bit before making the landing. If ILS is useful in situations like this, then it should have been installed at every airport much earlier, for safety and fuel savings. Subang had ILS when it was opened in 1965, so all Malaysian airports should have one years ago already.

#55 Guest_Fendy_*

Guest_Fendy_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:01 AM

that terminal looks insane./...

#56 Mohd Idham

Mohd Idham

Single Lens?

• Platinum Member
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE(Imran K. @ Sep 7 2005, 09:22 PM)
Hazani,
Got place to set up "DubaiBriyani" shop in Kerteh aa? If got...want to start business aa? Can sell to "tourists" and spotters passing thru! Banyak $$$ to be made bro!

View Post

You and your briyani never finish la Imran..hehehe.. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

#57 Imran K.

Imran K.
  • Platinum Member
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE(Mohd Idham @ Sep 14 2005, 01:04 PM)
You and your briyani never finish la Imran..hehehe..  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

View Post

Sir...what to do laa...student must cari makan oso kan... The days of lemonade stands and door-to-door cookie sales are over...must think bigger!

#58 Fahiruz

Fahiruz
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:00 AM

anyone got updates on this upgrading works? last time i went back to TGG, they're still doing the foundation works...

#59 Maarof Kassim

Maarof Kassim
  • Gold Member
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(Fahiruz @ Feb 8 2007, 01:00 AM) View Post
anyone got updates on this upgrading works? last time i went back to TGG, they're still doing the foundation works...

I went to TGG in April 2006 and upgrading works were in full swing. According to the taxi driver that drove me to town the works should been finished more than 4 years ago but the change of state government to the opposition halted them. Now that the state has been wrested back by the federal ruling party the works restarted.

#60 Mohd Idham

Mohd Idham

Single Lens?

• Platinum Member
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:37 AM

Wow, who bring back the antique... laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users