Icon Important Announcement!

New registrations require administration validation. This may delay registration approvals.
Reach out to us on our Facebook Page for faster approvals

Photo

Istanbul Ataturk LTBA/IST

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#21 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(Hakan @ Feb 6 2007, 11:55 PM) View Post
let me know when you come in Turkey, I can manage with turkish spootters and they can show you spotting points around the field.

Hakan,

Hope you wouldn't mind introducing them to me too, as IST definitely high on my 'to do' list; just waiting for the weather to become better/warmer smile.gif

#22 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:01 AM

of course Peter, when summer session comes, spooters will be there. But somethings going wrong in Istanbul. Generally we were waking up snowy or rainy days until last years in this session, but today I used air conditions on my car!!!! I think global weather changes hitted to Istanbul this year, we haven't get serious rain or snow in here and all days are sunny. This shouldn't be, so we are expecting bad weathers in April and May, maybe in June.

#23 Seth K

Seth K
  • Platinum Member
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE(Sim Lim Shen @ Feb 8 2007, 07:31 AM) View Post
I have flown on an A332 on a few occasions, and I did not realize the wingspan was so huge. Nice perspective on the airbus.

Yeah, that's what I love about boarding/departure hall..............I get to see the plane and when I'm inside I still feel like in a tube either on wide/narrowbody................I wish I can see the plane while flying....haha

Edited by Seth K, 09 February 2007 - 12:27 PM.

#24 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:40 PM

Hi all,

today, our Turkish virtual pilots forum admin opened a new topic which is include topic links of the best spotters pictures from Istanbul, other cities of Turkey and USA,Seattle.

I would like to share this topic links with you, I'm sure you will enjoy while watching at least you are sharing the same soul while taking airplane pictures on everywhere.

Mr. Irfan Caliskan is youngest spotters of Turkey but he was really patience man and now he became Turkish Airlines semi-official photographer. This pictures include Turkish Airline's new "no eyebrows" B737-800 delivery journey from Istanbul to Seattle and return.

(all pictures are copyrighted)

http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3256
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3339
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3338
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3323
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3425
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3497
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3498
http://www.sanalpilo...p;TOPIC_ID=3496

you can ask me if you are curious something.

#25 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

Hakan,

Thanks a lot for sharing these links: kudo's to Irfan for placing these excellent shots of TC-JGG as well as the A330 ceremony on the website good.gif
Like I said before: should visit you guys in IST real soon (= this year) wink.gif

P.S. love your Avatar at the sanalpilot website smile.gif

#26 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

these pictures dropped into "sanalpilot" (virtualpilot) forum site yesterday and I wanted to share with you. All pictures taken by Mr. Levent Ishakoglu. I'll forward your comments to him.

here you are;
LTBA/Ataturk International-Istanbul

( departures from rwy 18L/18R)

Edited by Hakan, 16 April 2007 - 04:03 PM.

#27 Samuel Chy

Samuel Chy

BKI impostor

• Platinum Member
  • 4,233 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:32 PM

i like the first one very much, the rotation of KLM. good.gif

#28 Edwin Yii

Edwin Yii

flying hIgh

• Platinum Member
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:47 PM

yah mate really like the KLM rotation smile.gif

#29 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:52 AM

Hi all,

Redbull AIRRACE 2007 Istanbul track have done in Istanbul last saturday (2nd of June). It was very hot day for Istanbul and I watched on TV at home whole of the race during 3 hrs with cold soft drink smile.gif Race was really exciting except rookies, especially in quarter final race Peter Besenyei lost the race just only 0.04seconds! all of pilots are really perfect like as recent races.

here you are some of pictures from the sunny race days;

closer pictures series #1
closer pictures series #2
closer pictures series #3

enjoy! smile.gif

Edited by Hakan, 05 June 2007 - 03:54 AM.

#30 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:30 PM

Awesome shots, Hakan, thanks for sharing !!! good.gif

Weatherwise, I should have gone to IST i.s.o. ZRH that day pardon.gif

#31 Sneeze Lam

Sneeze Lam
  • Platinum Member
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

Really an attractive racing.....
Hope they will come to Hong Kong for one of the stop.

#32 razlan

razlan
  • Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

excellent pictures... hope i can go to an airrace in the future

#33 Mohd Nizam

Mohd Nizam
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:04 AM

Great stuffs there Hakan .. very detail indeed .. good.gif

The second shot, did the airplane hit the marker ..?

#34 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:48 AM

which picture? if you give me picture link I can check it. Actually as I remember totally 3 or 4 times ripped (each one seperate aircraft) baloons when hitted by aircrafts. baloons are very sensitive "touching" and support teams changed ripped baloons in only 3 minutes each time!

#35 Mohd Nizam

Mohd Nizam
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE(Hakan @ Jun 18 2007, 05:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which picture? if you give me picture link I can check it. Actually as I remember totally 3 or 4 times ripped (each one seperate aircraft) baloons when hitted by aircrafts. baloons are very sensitive "touching" and support teams changed ripped baloons in only 3 minutes each time!

lol, i meant the baloons as the marker .. sad.gif (silly me) .. Do they got penalty or something for doing so ..?

I watched the world acrobatic championship on Discovery real time yesterday .. fantastic stuff man .. its all about accuracy ..

#36 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

smile.gif thats true, when hitting the baloons you will get penalty points. actually rules as below;

there are two different colored marked baloons. red strip and blue strip. planes must be cross around or between "red strip" markered baloons as "kinfe edge" positions. and they must be cross "blue strip" markered baloons as "wings leveled".

there were 3 slalom ballons and the rest of them pairs or two pairs with red or blue marker.

planes must be correct level between or around baloons, not too high or not too low. Correct level means , pilots (in knife edge position) or wings (in wings leveled position) must be the same level with colored strips. if pilot can not to able correct position and passed high he get 3 seconds penalty.

if pilot ripped baloons, he must be continue race track and finish race and then he takes 10 second penalty for each ripped baloons.

#37 Mohd Nizam

Mohd Nizam
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(Hakan @ Jun 18 2007, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif thats true, when hitting the baloons you will get penalty points. actually rules as below;

there are two different colored marked baloons. red strip and blue strip. planes must be cross around or between "red strip" markered baloons as "kinfe edge" positions. and they must be cross "blue strip" markered baloons as "wings leveled".

there were 3 slalom ballons and the rest of them pairs or two pairs with red or blue marker.

planes must be correct level between or around baloons, not too high or not too low. Correct level means , pilots (in knife edge position) or wings (in wings leveled position) must be the same level with colored strips. if pilot can not to able correct position and passed high he get 3 seconds penalty.

if pilot ripped baloons, he must be continue race track and finish race and then he takes 10 second penalty for each ripped baloons.

Thanks heaps Hakan .. drinks.gif

#38 Hakan

Hakan
  • Platinum Member
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:39 AM

Approach pictures to rwy 06 by Levent Ishakoglu again. All pictures taken from small garden in front of rwy 36 and rwy 06. When you drink Turkish Tea in that place you can see the airplanes which are approaching to rwy 06 or 36R/L.

I hope to join see them. My Favorite THY A310 "Aras" and first picture; look at left below corner for Canadair CL215 turning to final behind AeroSvit.

#39 Mohd Nizam

Mohd Nizam
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

Hakan, thanks for sharing mate .. drinks.gif

The "Emerald Princess" is so damn big man .. ohmy.gif .. 12 storey tall ..?

#40 Pieter C.

Pieter C.
  • Platinum Member
  • 13,223 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:41 PM

Hakan,

Thanks a lot for the link good.gif

Nice catch of the Aeroflot-Don pardon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users