MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Seng Lim

AK 50,000 free seats sales

Aha! AK taking a swipe at MH yet again, on the current Supersaver fare advertisment that says something like "There is such a thing as a free lunch". Only problem is the lunch (or advertised as refreshments) means a packet of salted peanuts and a pathetic cup of juice or Milo (for within peninsular routes). Another caveat... only for travel a few weeks before, and few weeks after the coming school holidays. For the holidays, I suppose one has to pay full economy class fare. How generous!

Edited by Rozhan

Thanks for sharing, Seng, but have left Malaysia already by 1st of July :(

Thanks for the heads up...too bad it doesnt have sabah as well.

MAS should counter with "there is such thing as air travel withouft the feeling of being in Puduraya"

and the leatest news that i heard someone died in LCCT, MAS should use "Now not everyone can die"....

As quoted from JeffOoi.com

LCCT: Now everybody can die

Oriental Daily News today frontpaged an alarming piece of news about how everybody can fly cheap and die cheap.

A passenger who flew in from Tawau died at the Sepang Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) during the wee hours yesterday. He was believed to have succumbed to asthma attack and there was no ER (emergency room) facilities to attend to him immediately at the cheap airport.

This was not the first, and probably not the last casulaty. Last July, artiste Hani Mohsein died under similar circumstances at the same airport last July.

Immediately after Hani's death, the management of LCCT started stationing paramedics on a 24-hour basis.

Apparently, the medical support didn't kick in when it was needed most for the Tawau-originated traveller.

Bear in mind, the nearest full-fledged medical service is located in Serdang Hospital, besides a clinic operational at KLIA situated nearby. However, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes before an ambulance can arrive to your rescue at the LCCT -- if you are that lucky.

What went wrong again yesterday?

Would it be a different story providing it happened at the MTB?

I think the blame on lack of medical facilities should be with MAB, for they provide the terminal as the (world's best, world's number 1) airport operator.

At least LCCT has none of those annoying announcements in multiple languages.

"at the cheap airport"

"at the same airport last July"

Since when is KLIA cheap ? :rofl:

Captain Radzi is always complaining about the high parking fees :p

Anyway, can we actually see that AK didn't really having good sale in Sarawak before this promotion? At least that is what in my mind.

If they are doing good they don'thave to make it "FREE" specially for Sarawak flight!

Just my 2 cents anyway.

By mid September, muslims will observe the fasting month, so not much demand for travel. Maybe that's why AK extends the travel period to end of September.

During that period, MH usually will have its Ramadan special offers. I think it is a good time to ride on the B777 to BKI again, just for fun.

Sign in to follow this