MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

Schiphol Airport - Creative Tactic

From Berita Harian:

Macam-Macam: Gambar lalat bantu tandas sentiasa bersih

AMSTERDAM: Pihak berkuasa Lapangan Terbang Schiphol dilaporkan menggunakan lalat sebagai cara terbaik tetapi murah bagi memastikan tandas sentiasa bersih selain dapat mengurangkan perbelanjaan mencucinya.

Pegawai lapangan terbang itu berkata, bagi mendisiplinkan pengguna tandas dan mengelak air kencing tidak terkena lantai tandas, mereka melekatkan gambar lalat pada mangkuk khas untuk membuang air kecil.

“Pengguna biasanya akan memberi lebih perhatian dan cuba mensasarkan lalat itu. Ia dapat mengelak 80 peratus daripada air kecil terkena lantai selain dapat menjimatkan kos mencuci tandas,” kata pegawai itu. – Agensi

Azmal,

Although I don't read BM, has this something to do with the toilets/water ???

Sorry Pieter! wink.gif Here's on-the-fly translation from me, so pardon the inaccuracies.

AMSTERDAM: Schiphol Airport authority is reported to be using flies as the best and cheapest way to ensure the cleanliness of its toilets.

An airport official said, to discipline toilet users and avoid urine from hitting and smearing the floor, the airport authority has stuck pictures of flies in the urinal bowls in the toilets.

"Users would give more attention and try to target that fly. It would prevent 80 percent of the urine from hitting the toilet floor and giving us great savings on cost of toilet maintenance," he added.

Edited by H Azmal

Azmal,

Although I don't read BM, has this something to do with the toilets/water ???

8036[/snapback]

Pieter,

Do I sense a tinge of regret now that you've asked ?!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Can confirm this ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

About 4-5 times a day, during work-hours, I usually wetten the fly: it really works as you really tend to "wipe it off" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yes, I've read about the creative measures taken for the toilets at AMS before.

For KLIA, I'd put up a sign near the bowl: "Please stand closer. Long Johnny is not as long as you think"

Please pay me royalties smile.gif

Sign in to follow this