MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
RaymondT

MAB Orders 10 Boeing 737 MAX 10 with Lie-Flat Business Class Seats

same biz class as A330?

Doubt so, as the seats take up too much real estate. It might be the same product as what AA and QR have on some of their narrowbody planes (2-2 lie flat) Edited by Chris Tan

Doubt so, as the seats take up too much real estate. It might be the same product as what AA and QR have on some of their narrowbody planes (2-2 lie flat)

then it could be this

Qatar-Airways-A320-First-Class-1.jpg

I'm hoping for something like Jetblue Mint.more suitable for longer range MAX 10.

If MH can command super premium yields like JFK-LAX then sure, it'll work.

I'm hoping for something like Jetblue Mint.more suitable for longer range MAX 10.

Could actually be the case. At 16 seats, the mats works out.

2-2

1-1

2-2

1-1

2-2

Bellew cites @jetblue as example of premium midhaul narrowbody that @MAS is hoping to emulate with #737MAX10. #PAS17

https://twitter.com/thatjohn/status/877516848958500866

Edited by RaymondT

He's comparing with Qatar and Jetblue which are using A320/321 for that kind of product. Smaller cabin width on B737 around 0.2m difference shouldn't make aisle tight, huh? Overall, it was a step up for narrowbody J class. Hoping for MAB to offer better legroom at least 32' seat pitch in economy class

Edited by Mr.Bandit

Seriously though, direct aisle access for flatbeds on a 737 that won't be flying more than 6 hours is a little over the top.

Seriously though, direct aisle access for flatbeds on a 737 that won't be flying more than 6 hours is a little over the top.

Maybe that is needed for the 5-star skytrax ranking? :nea:

Yes, it would be way too luxurious for a B737.

Besides, MH intends to use B737s on the thinner routes that will not support wide body flights. I am not sure if these thin routes will have a lot of premium pax.

Yeah, considering that their A330 does not have 100% direct aisle access either!

a narrow body product that is much more premium than the wide body product :rofl:

Yes, it would be way too luxurious for a B737.

Besides, MH intends to use B737s on the thinner routes that will not support wide body flights. I am not sure if these thin routes will have a lot of premium pax.

According to the article the MAX 10 will be used on premium regional routes so it does make sense to have a more well equipped J.

I am confused - what are your expectations?

Current 333 with ~90% with direct aisle access - not premium/revolutionary enough and should have direct aisle access for all J pax and it's not good enough compared to SQ

Future 737-Max10 with 100% direct aisle access - too revolutionary/over the top and who is going to fly MH on regional routes?

Fares too expensive - can't compete with AK/OD

Fares too cheap - can't compete with SQ service

Edited by Craig

Current 333 with ~90% with direct aisle access - not premium/revolutionary enough and should have direct aisle access for all J pax and it's not good enough compared to SQ

Future 737-Max10 with 100% direct aisle access - too revolutionary/over the top and who is going to fly MH on regional routes?

Mh has a history of promise "beyond expectations" but deliver well below expectations. Until it happen, should take with a pinch of salt. Edited by KK Lee

a narrow body product that is much more premium than the wide body product :rofl:

MH should market it as the "world's first private jet experience"

MH should market it as the "world's first private jet experience"

Doubt if they can find sufficient real estate onboard the MAX 10 to fit in the bowling alley and putting green though :D

Some people are just wired to be negative.

I don't see why not.. QR and TK have narrowbody aircraft with premium business cabins to fly short to medium haul routes...

Sign in to follow this