MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
RobK

Batik Malaysia 737 MAX 8

still prefer the name Malindo, and whether it makes sense now to change to Batik that Malindo is already an established brand name now across Asia rather than Batik....

Really? Or just Malaysia alone?

I have problem with the Batik font. It is not unique enough and looks to be very standard and does not complement the South East Asian vernacular culture well enough.

Edited by S V Choong

I have problem with the Batik font. It is not unique enough and looks to be very standard and does not complement the South East Asian vernacular culture well enough.

there was a rumor circulating that Lion Group asked Malindo to rebrand because many foreign customers treated Malindo's tail logo as Lion Air and associate it with Lion Air's constant flight delay, bad customer services and thought it was an LCC carrier.

What about the tail design? Indonesian Batik and Malaysian Batik are of different designs...perhaps for Malaysian fleets should get consultatuons with batik designers from Kelantan or Terengganu.

not only in malaysia, Thais and Singaporean are getting more familiar with Malindo now as they are expanding and general views on the same are positive, if it aint broke dont fix it

The "Batik" font looks cheap. Otherwise it's a great livery. Agreed the round Malaysian flag looks very out of place too.

A simple billboard "B A T I K A I R" would look fantastic.

not only in malaysia, Thais and Singaporean are getting more familiar with Malindo now as they are expanding and general views on the same are positive, if it aint broke dont fix it

Yes, Malindo has built its own brand and reputation. There is no need to associate it with Batik of Indonesia at all.

Rather than fix Malindo, they should try to fix Lion Air. That is a more urgent problem!

As more and more airines move towards simplicity with their design, some choose to move at the opposite way. :)

Here's my 5 minute patch up job, I just think the current logo is very cheap, even a generic one on MS Powerpoint looks much better. The current Batik Air branding simply doesn't shout "premium", IMHO its more like a LCC and gives the perception of one (from a foreigner's point of view).

tumblr_om35xpc0V01s12f1yo1_1280.png

Greetings gentlemen. Just seen on Flickr that 9M-LRC has now made an appearance fully painted up at RNT. Rumoured to be ln 5948 but not confirmed yet.

Click for full size.

33288953392_7cdfc7d148.jpgBoeing 737 MAX 8 Batik Air Malaysia 9M-LRC by Huy Do, on Flickr

By the way, the other one at the top of this thread is still parked in the same location sans reg. So there are now 2 fully painted. The other 2 -8s are parked on the west side of the runway - one is all white and other is all white with a yellow rudder.

Edited by RobK

It would appear that the B737MAX is slightly ahead of schedule. We see them all outfitted with engines whilst Airbus A320Neos are experiencing engine shortages, whether they are CFM or PW engined.

Malaysian carrier Malindo Air will be the first carrier to put the Boeing 737 Max 8 into commercial service.

The launch operator status was announced at the Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition, with the re-engined jet to first start on the Kuala Lumpur-Sinagpore route during the second quarter, and later to Bangkok Don Mueang and Guangzhou.

The airline will take delivery of up to four 737 Max 8s this year, complementing its fleet of 29 Boeing 737NGs 15 ATR 72-600s.

More:

When will MH get theirs?

Not to belittle the livery, but would it be nice if they use Malaysian style batik canting for the tail?

When will MH get theirs?

Not to belittle the livery, but would it be nice if they use Malaysian style batik canting for the tail?

Starting from 2019