MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
ivanindra

Spotting at Soekarno-Hatta Jakarta Int'l Airport

This is around 5pm local time. Busy time at the airport.

IMG_1282_resize.jpg

IMG_1284_resize.jpg

IMG_1286_resize.jpg

IMG_1302_resize.jpg

IMG_1303_resize.jpg

IMG_1289_resize.jpg

IMG_1281_resize.jpg

IMG_1277_resize.jpg

Ada KLM tapi cuma kelihatan buntut aja....... :igsmile:

IMG_1279_resize.jpg

IMG_1276_resize.jpg

IMG_1308_resize.jpg

IMG_1298_resize.jpg

IMG_1300_resize.jpg

IMG_1311_resize.jpg

IMG_1313_resize.jpg

IMG_1296_resize.jpg

IMG_1293_resize.jpg

IMG_1314_resize.jpg

Bro, how did you managed to get to the other side of the airport to take pictures?

Always love going to Soekarno-Hatta as the variations of airlines is vast, even though the traffic to and from the airports is always terrible during afternoon till night. Good photos there, keep them coming.

Bro, how did you managed to get to the other side of the airport to take pictures?

Hehehehe.....actually my driver know the way. We have to go to the small village right next to the runway. If you happened to come to Jakarta, I'll let you know the way.

Always love going to Soekarno-Hatta as the variations of airlines is vast, even though the traffic to and from the airports is always terrible during afternoon till night. Good photos there, keep them coming.

Agree. The traffic is horrible, but then again after you see Singapore Airlines 777 landing just meters away from you......is totally worthed.

Waiping, you rent a motorbike taxi in the vicinity of CGK, all drivers know the way to take you to the kampung opposite of the Terminal T2. Some security guy may ask you if u stand too long close to the wired fence, but u can make some "qan xi" like my friend Nguyen Phuong has done (Nguyen had been to 6th MW anniversary).

Here is the link to his trip report (in Vietnamese :nea: !) just watch the photos of the location.

CGK spotting

Waiping, you rent a motorbike taxi in the vicinity of CGK, all drivers know the way to take you to the kampung opposite of the Terminal T2. Some security guy may ask you if u stand too long close to the wired fence, but u can make some "qan xi" like my friend Nguyen Phuong has done (Nguyen had been to 6th MW anniversary).

Here is the link to his trip report (in Vietnamese :nea: !) just watch the photos of the location.

CGK spotting

Thanks, Uncle! :good:

Thanks for the photos. I was in CGK T2 same time yesterday, but didn't see half as much action from inside the terminal!

Very nice!

Thanks for the photos. I was in CGK T2 same time yesterday, but didn't see half as much action from inside the terminal!

Thanks Guys......... :)

Very nice photos ...

Thanks Uncle Vu Loc for the link. Can understand most with Google translate. :) Seem to be a good destination for spotting.

Great shots !!! :good:

Love the retro liveries of GA... :pardon:

Thanks a lot for the link, uncle: it seems Nguyen Phuong had a great time there (even thumbs up from the ladies :pardon: )...

Sharing some photos from my recent trips through Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta airport (CGK/WIII). :D

Garuda Indonesia

The national carrier had recently adopted a green version of its 'Nature's Wings' livery for its Citilink subsidiary.

Garuda Indonesia had leased a number of A320-200 from GECAS for use on its Citilink routes. PK-GLD was photographed after pushing back from her gate at Terminal 1C. (Citilink operates from Terminal 1C while the rest of Garuda Indonesia's domestic routes operate from Terminal 2F).

PK-GLD_MW.jpg

Many Singaporean spotters would no doubt be very familiar with this B737-300 PK-GGN which had since been transferred from mainline service to the carrier's Citilink operations.

PK-GGN_MW.jpg

PK-GCC wears a unique livery to promote the Citilink subsidiary.

PK-GCC_MW.jpg

B747-400 PK-GSI at Terminal 2E.

PK-GSI_MW-1.jpg

Pullmantur Air B747-400 EC-KSM was leased by Garuda Indonesia for the 2011 Haj charters and wore a hybrid livery. Apologies for the weird colour tint and quality as this was shot out of an apron bus with extremely tinted windows.

EC-KSM_MW.jpg

Lion Air

Lion Air has a huge presence at CGK...perhaps even more than Garuda Indonesia with its endless waves of B737-900ERs hogging the taxiways and runways. The airline also occupies Terminal 1A, part of Terminal 1B and also conducts its international flights from Terminal 2E.

JT_lineup_MW.jpg

B737-900ER PK-LFQ taxiing to her parking position at Terminal 1A with the rather rustic looking airfreight terminal in the background.

PK-LFQ_s8.jpg

Lion Air still retains a sizeable fleet of B737 classics such as B737-400 PK-LIT as shown below. The B737 classics are still indispensible as there are a number of Indonesian airports that cannot accept the newer B739ERs due to runway loading and/or runway length limitations.

PK-LIT_MW.jpg

MD-90 PK-LIO was photographed in a very sorry state with her twin engines and plyons removed. It might be very possible that she would not take to the skies again and join the ranks of other abandoned classics that are languishing in various states of disrepair at the remote stands.

PK-LIO_MW.jpg

Sriwijaya Air

Sriwijaya Air is perhaps one of the most interesting airlines for aviation enthusiasts as they still operate a number of B737-200s. It is simply a treat to hear the shrill whine of the old JT8Ds at the Terminal 1B open air viewing deck!

SJ_Lineup_MW.jpg

B737-200Adv PK-CJO

PK-CJO_MW.jpg

Sriwijaya Air had been replacing the venerable B732s with newer B733s and B734s over the past few years (with B735s to come that will soon sound the death knell of the B732's loyal service with the airline). B737-300 PK-CKI has additional 'I "love" Papua' sticker on the fuselage.

PK-CKI_MW.jpg

Trigana Air

B737-200Adv PK-YSD taxiing to her parking spot at Terminal 1C.

PK-YSD_MW.jpg

Batavia Air

B737-300 PK-YVK wears the carrier's striking new livery.

PK-YVK_MW.jpg

Republic Express

B737-200C PK-RPI looks to be in urgent need of attention!

PK-RPI_MW.jpg

Virgin Blue

This Virgin Blue ERJ-190 VH-ZPO came as a complete surprise as CGK is definitely not one of their destinations currently!

VH-ZPO_MW.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

Very good roundup of CGK, Hoe Jyh. :good:

Did you manage to shoot from the apron or the viewing decks?

Edited by flee

Thanks, flee :)

Some of the photos such as the Garuda Citilink aircraft were shot from the viewing deck, while the rest were shot through the window of the aircraft I was on as it taxiied around the airport.

Excellent coverage of CGK !!!

Somehow it's a 'forgotten' airport amongst our Asian spotters :(

Good to see some shots again: thanks for sharing !!! :good:

Great shots !!! :good:

Love the retro liveries of GA... :pardon:

Thanks a lot for the link, uncle: it seems Nguyen Phuong had a great time there (even thumbs up from the ladies :pardon: )...

Hello everybody, I am Nguyen, a new comer. "Nguyenphuong" is my username on Jetphotos and Airliners.

I had 2 spotting days last February at CGK/WIII and to me this is a very interesting spotting location. Spotter can easily get there alone by motobike taxi with cheap price. Traffic is very busy whole day. People living nearby spotting location are friendly. Airport fence seems to be designed by a spotter :-)

Thanks for all your comments to my report though it is in Vietnamese.

Some shots to share from CGK. Pardon the quality

Airfast MD-83

IMG_4095.jpg

A line of Sriwijaya Boeings

IMG_4097.jpg

PK-LHI

IMG_4104.jpg

End of the line for PK-LIT

IMG_4107.jpg

Latest addition to the Sriwijaya fleet. B737-500W

PK-CLC

IMG_4109.jpg

PK-CLD

IMG_4112.jpg

Looks like ex Continental...

sriwijaya's PK CLD is 2nd of the 735 I believe. They're revamping their aircrafts and offering Business Class now especially on those new 735s and 738. Gosh I miss Jakarta and Indonesian airlines,colorful liveries,classic aircrafts..