MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jonathan Kong

Airbus A380 Development

A380 service-entry delayed

Airbus A380 launch operator Singapore Airlines (SIA) is warning that it could miss its 2006 entry-into-service target for the ultra-large airliner as a result of a major new delay to the delivery schedule.

The manufacturer has warned early A380 operators, including Air France, Emirates, Qantas and SIA, that deliveries will be delayed by up to six months, and is now in formal negotiations about revised schedules.

SIA – which has adopted the slogan "First to fly A380 in 2006" – had originally expected to receive its inaugural A380 by next March and put it into service during the following quarter. Recent delays have already slipped the service-entry target to October. SIA chief executive Chew Choon Seng told Flight International at a Star Alliance event in Kyoto, Japan last week that this will be delayed further, and first delivery is now not likely until October next year, adding: "We think we have a fair chance of getting it into service before 31 December 2006." He said discussions have been ongoing with Airbus on a compensation package.

Emirates and Qantas are next in line for A380 deliveries – now October 2006 – and both confirm they are expecting delays. Qantas is looking at six months, while Emirates has not been advised yet of its new schedule. Air France, which was due to put the A380 into service in April 2007, is also discussing a rescheduling.

Source:Flight International

I think most of the airlines would not be happy with that especially SIA. So i bet MAS A380 will be delayed. :(

Just hope that A380 will fly asap.

2970[/snapback]

It has flown - you couldn't possibly have missed all the accompanying hype and PR events !

The question now is being able to deliver promises to the customers.

Aw, no, not AGAIN...!?!? :angry:

So does that mean SQ will take actions against Airbus if they fail to deliver them before the end of 2006?

Just hope it won't get delayed further...

It has flown - you couldn't possibly have missed all the accompanying hype and PR events !

The question now is being able to deliver promises to the customers.

2978[/snapback]

What i mean is commercial flight.

EK have confirmed that KUL will be one of the many high-density destinantions which will be served by their A380! I've also heard some statements from a few reliable sources that EK will be painting their first few A380's in special colour schemes.

Hei, maybe there is a tour flight to KUL...like 777-200LR doing so to many of asian country.. A380 will fly here in house livery, i can bet that...

Hei, maybe there is a tour flight to KUL...like 777-200LR doing so to many of asian country.. A380 will fly here in house livery, i can bet that...

3118[/snapback]

LIMA '05 perhaps?? :rolleyes:

--

I'm hoping for a repeat of the A340 in the early 90s, where the A340 inAirbus livery come for a demo flight and some people were treated to a flight from KUL(SZB)-PEN-KUL.

what laaaaa airbus.

compensation. definitely. all airlines affected will be conpensated. it would be a waste if airlines dont ask for it. after all i am very sure of such provision in the purchase agreement. and it can be quite heavy.....in millions. but i am certain airbus has built in the compensation cost as part of the overall program budget.

Don't think the A380 will come to LIMA 05. I think they will be going to Singapore Air Show Feb 06. Maybe after the airshow they will drop by Malaysia?

EADS tries everything to compense the delay. In August we've got a family day in Finkenwerder, home place of nearly every babie-bus exept the A320 ;) and normally every kind of Airbus is on display.

So the A380 is expected. Last few days a message went through the intranet in which EADS denied the A380 to be in XFW because of torubles with the developement-program. They don't want to mess with their time - the delivery delay is too big.

I think it's the same with other airshows this year.

Well, can Langkawi International Airport accommodate the landing of A380 though?

3577[/snapback]

WMKL can accomodate the landing of a 747...therefore an EMPTY A380 shouldn't have any problems landing there. The only problem could be the ramp space needed to park this gigantic beauty!

Empty or fully loaded, there should be no problem for LGK to accept the A380, just as it can accept the B747 and the An-124.

Hey guys...juz saw a press statement saying that the A380 will be coming to KUL after SIN next month.....surprised that no one here has said anything bout it...nothing in the media as well..isnt this a great thing??? well for spotters like us...err..not only us actually...theres gonna be many ppl at KLIA to watch this...i am sure...anyway the plane has its fame already....juz wanna know..any confirmation on the dates?? i am sure u guys muz be juz as excited as i am!

in-13nov out-14nov, times not known yet...

Yes... that is correct... A380 will be in KUL in early November

We've some information on this Asian Tour of A380 but

things are still subject to changes...

Date (so far) is 10th of November 2005

Time is at 1125 Local

Runway in use special for this big guy most likely 14R

No typo there... OneFourRight...

Aircraft mostlikely for VVIP viewing at Bunga Raya, thus the 14R chosen

Not really spotters friendly, isn't it?? dry.gif

Was hoping for 32L, and they open up Observation Hill for all of us as well as the public, as what A380 received in Hamburg...

Oh well... this is not Hamburg.. tongue.gif

Aicraft will overnight in KUL and will depart to Australia (SYD/MEL??)

the next day... time of depart isn't fix yet...

Ok... this is what we know so far... still subject to last minute changes...

We'll updates you guys when there's a change... wink.gif

Edited by Norman

I shall drop everything and be there. Hope it doesn't arrive in bad weather considering it will be monsoon season!

Anyway MAS should invite all its Enrich members if it really appreciates the frequent flyers rolleyes.gif