MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Yusoff

Shan Xi Airlines B73G overran runway

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=40a681de&opt=0

Shan Xi Airlines B73G at Lijiang on Jun 22nd 2005, overran runway on landing in heavy rain

By Simon Hradecky, created Wednesday, Jul 30th 2008 09:10Z, last updated Wednesday, Jul 30th 2008 09:15Z

A Shan Xi Airlines (Hainan Airlines) Boeing 737-700, registration B-5060 performing flight HU7389 from Kunming (KMG) to Lijiang (LJG) (China) with 125 passengers and 6 crew, overran the paved surface of the runway at Lijiang by 9.2 meters while landing in heavy rain.

The incident became known only now after pictures taken by a passenger (user handle vw_sagitar) on that airplane have appeared on various Chinese bulletin boards.

Thanks to Jan Richter for alerting us of the incident.

shanxi_b73G_lijiang_b-5060_050622_1.jpg

Photo: vw_sagitar

Who to blame this time? :p

yusoff , somehow the date above confuses me , one stated 22nd of June 2005 , and one states 30th of July 2008

Ya lor... Me confused like you also.... hmmm.. I think the accident happened on Jun 22nd 2005 (gosh, old story) and Aviation Herald only managed to get it in their database on Jul 30th 2008.... probably so... because they were thanking Jan Richter for informing them about it....

Sign in to follow this