MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Eugene Koh

MAS A330s

Hi,

A friend of mine advised that MAS recently refurbished it's first Airbus A330-300 with new bright coloured fabric for the seats

like ones in their B734s. They also added drop down screen at every 4 rows with another 13 A330s to go with this.

Don't MAS plan to replace this old workhorse or not anytime soon?

Doubt they'll go that soon, given they have yet to order any widebody replacement a/c.

Unless they plan to replace them with 738s... <_>

Hai..even MAS make a deal to purchase new wide-body planes let say tomorrow..it doesn't mean the aircraft will be deliver soon..it takes probality around 2 to 3 years..

You can open at this thread to see how it look on B737 also A330

They also added drop down screen at every 4 rows with another 13 A330s

it means, are they removing personal displays from seats in A330s?

A330...

Hopefully one day i will fly an A330. (praying for A350!!)

Heard so much, want to feel it too.

Not the best fleet to be in (in MH)...i do agree, the best plane so far for 6-7 hours flights.

A350s XWB is still a conceptual plane...after Airbus decided to incorporates new changes to the previous A350s, the response is overwelming. MH should consider Boeing 787s and perhaps resquesting Boeing to further consider developing the stretch version of the Boeing 787-1000.

A350s XWB is still a conceptual plane...after Airbus decided to incorporates new changes to the previous A350s, the response is overwelming. MH should consider Boeing 787s and perhaps resquesting Boeing to further consider developing the stretch version of the Boeing 787-1000.

The same thing goes for youre B787,its no different than the A350 XWB,the difference is it has already been built but is yet to fly.

A330...

Hopefully one day i will fly an A330. (praying for A350!!)

Heard so much, want to feel it too.

Not the best fleet to be in (in MH)...i do agree, the best plane so far for 6-7 hours flights.

If MH treats the A330 fleet at least equally as other WB fleets, I wouldn't be flying the B737 anymore.

If MH treats the A330 fleet at least equally as other WB fleets, I wouldn't be flying the B737 anymore.

What do you expect Capt,MH/MAS is Boeing centric,when I was doing my line training on MH A333,they followed procedures from Boeing and not entirely Airbus,even some of the AEs were not in favor of that but what to do,ikut sajalah,very steep learning curve for us all but eventually they relented and allowed us to follow Airbus procedures since we are not gonna fly MH airplanes commercially.

The A330-300 is a beuatiful airplane in my opinion and a joy to fly while the A320 is like a sports car but must treat it with respect,but the PW 4168 powered planes engine start sequence is slower than the GE CF6-80E1A2.

Don't know when you did your training but for the past 2 years MH A330 fleet has been following Airbus procedures almost totally except for some items that are considered company procedures.

What do you expect Capt,MH/MAS is Boeing centric,when I was doing my line training on MH A333,they followed procedures from Boeing and not entirely Airbus,even some of the AEs were not in favor of that but what to do,ikut sajalah,very steep learning curve for us all but eventually they relented and allowed us to follow Airbus procedures since we are not gonna fly MH airplanes commercially.

The A330-300 is a beuatiful airplane in my opinion and a joy to fly while the A320 is like a sports car but must treat it with respect,but the PW 4168 powered planes engine start sequence is slower than the GE CF6-80E1A2.

Where I work,its the opposite...in the name of standardization,a lot of the Boeing SOPs have some things that basically from the Airbus,which most of the time doesnt make sense :pardon: ..this two aircrafts are totally different,and there is no way you can really streamline the SOPs...leave it be..

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

Sign in to follow this