MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Malaysia Airlines Official Carrier For Chelsea's Asia Tour

Well done, Nik H :good:

===

July 25, 2008 16:45 PM

Malaysia Airlines Official Carrier For Chelsea's Asia Tour

PETALING JAYA, July 25 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is the official carrier for the prominent English Premier League side, Chelsea, for its pre-season Asia tour.

This follows the signing of an agreement today, between the airline and ProEvents which is the exclusive promoter of the tour.

MAS executive director and chief financial officer Datuk Azmil Zahruddin said Chelsea's newly-appointed manager Luiz Felipe Scolari, along with his star-studded side, will be given customised service and tailored to their specific needs.

"Food and beverages prepared and served on board, is in consultation with the team's nutritionists.

"For in-flight comfort, selected cabin crew are trained to ensure the players are assured of their privacy and well-rested upon arrival at their destinations," he told reporters after witnessing the signing of the agreement.

MAS is represented by its Hajj & Charter Services Department assistant general manager Captain Nik Ahmad Huzlan Nik Hussain and ProEvents, by its managing director San Boon Wah.

ProEvents is a leading Asian football marketing and management consultancy.

Also present was Football Association of Malaysia general secretary Datuk Azzuddin Ahmad.

MAS will fly "The Blues" from London to three Asian cities with Guangzhou on July 23 (playing against Guangzhou Pharmaceutical), Macau on July 26 (against Chengdu Blades) and the final leg in Kuala Lumpur against Malaysian Selection.

Chelsea will again depart on Malaysia Airlines to Moscow for the Railways Cup against Lokomotiv Moscow on Aug 1.

The Chelsea side is led by Scolari, and includes several star-studded players Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard, Michael Essien, John Obi Mikel, Nicolas Anelka and Salomon Kalouiri. They will arrive in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.

"The Blues" will play Malaysian Selection coached by B. Sathianathan at Shah Alam Stadium on Tuesday at 8.45pm.

Tickets priced at RM33, RM53, RM83, RM103 and RM303 are currently sold at Ticketpro outlets and selected Adidas stores nationwide. For more information, call 03-78807999 or visit www.ticketpro.com.my.

-- BERNAMA

Emm MAS did not specifies what fleet their will be using for the tour..either B777 or B747..Maybe B747 as previously MAS done the charter flight for Manchester United also Real Madrid team..

I saw the logo of MAS on the Chelsea Tour to Malaysia around 2 weeks ago but i cant find any big size of the banner to upload to this forum..

This trip Chelsea will not bring along thier striker Drogba as what i read this week news report.

Welcome The Blues..

Oppppssss i forget the person is Capt Nik H.

emm look like soon we will have opportunity to see Capt. Nik H TR on Chelsea Tour..Same like the Manchester Tour.. :drinks:

The Plane

CFC-519.jpg

Boarding at Gatwick for Guangzhou

cfc-549.jpg

CFC-580.jpg

CFC-607.jpg

CFC-587.jpg

Meeting the Pilots

CFC-252.jpg

This Player has a License and is a Plane Buff

CFC-795.jpg

Settling In

CFC-658.jpg

CFC-652.jpg

Change into Customised Pyjamas, ready for Satay.......

CFC-708.jpg

CFC-722.jpg

Essien having satay? I'd be darned! :D

The player with the 'Licence' looks like Mikel.

Edited by Naim

Essien having satay? I'd be darned! :D

The player with the 'Licence' looks like Mikel.

The Girls insisted they try Satay, our signiture dish......

They all loved it......

-CFC-736.jpg

Crew Pax Report : " Disciplined, Undemanding, Friendly and Charming...... "

Happy Passenger

-CFC-196.jpg

the Senior Chief Purser with the Manager/Coach

-CFC-255.jpg

GO CHELSEA

Edited by Nik H.

Wow Capt Nik H that so fast you post on this forum..Awesome and nice Capt..Thanks for sharing with us.. :good: :good: :good:

I have a question..Since i realize the plane MAS use for this Chelsea Tour is B747-4H6, my question is, with huge size of aircraft and same time small amount of player, coaches also team management..Why use B747 instead B777?if it fully load, who are the others boarding same time with them, The Chelsea Fan club members ke?

Capt., any info when this big monster will touch down at KLIA? B)

Thanks Capt. :drinks:

:yahoo: .... really appreciate those picture capt nik ......... mh satay rocks ........ mas charter rocks :good:

WOOOHOOOO! CHELSEA!! Awesome Capt Nik, thank you for sharing! Haha... my lil' brother would definitely gonna respect you big time, he's a big Chelsea fan :D

Great pics! Haha look at Sheva.. Used to be my favorite player!

He used to be my favorite player too, whilst with AC Milan, specifically that late evening May 2005 in Istanbul ;)

Captain Nik,

Another feather in the cap - well done :good:

So, done the reds, blues and whites - what next ? :)

He used to be my favorite player too, whilst with AC Milan, specifically that late evening May 2005 in Istanbul ;)

Is Inzaghi your favorite player now? :D

Great stuff Capt Nik. Doesnt fail to impress just like always. This could be a great addition to our vast options for the archive anyway. How you doing, sir? Must be pretty busy with all this going on...

Iam not a Chelsea fan really, but dont want to take this away from your good shots, Amazing and what an experience! Thx for sharing!!! :clapping:

second that, really appreciate a lot for the rare pixes...

any special sticker on the plane fuselage Capt ??

The plane meant for the Chelsea flight this evening is delayed out of AMS just now so the replacement aircraft will only sport a Chelsea Logo behind door 1 and wil be landing KLIA around 1800hrs Sunday 27th July 2008.

The B777 for Moscow will have a full Asia Tour livery but dep is at 0100 July 30th.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm just an instrument of the Charter Staff and Cabin Crew. THEY deserve the accolades, not me.

The plane meant for the Chelsea flight this evening is delayed out of AMS just now so the replacement aircraft will only sport a Chelsea Logo behind door 1 and wil be landing KLIA around 1800hrs Sunday 27th July 2008.

Ok, will try to catch the arrival of the aircraft tomorrow :p

Sign in to follow this