MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

MAS To Formalise Deal To Buy 55 B737-800 On Wednesday

:blink: :o

A comparison with the A320 would be great ;)

Anyone ? :pardon:

I recall Uncle Pieter mentioned some time back about a study between the A320 and B738 by an airline (I think it was Air Berlin?), and A320 was found to be more fuel-efficient.

with a lot of new planes coming, good time for livery "refreshing" (maybe another special livery to welcome the new baby boeings...) we have real seen MH738 before (remember the 2 leased 738's for a short period back then)

I said it before in another thread, gonna say it again.... imagine if the widely photographed and loved bunga raya and heliconia liveries are applied on all 738's....

KLIA will be the most colourful airport in the world.... first interior - now exterior.....

Pening or "Happening"???

with a lot of new planes coming, good time for livery "refreshing" (maybe another special livery to welcome the new baby boeings...) we have real seen MH738 before (remember the 2 leased 738's for a short period back then)

I said it before in another thread, gonna say it again.... imagine if the widely photographed and loved bunga raya and heliconia liveries are applied on all 738's....

KLIA will be the most colourful airport in the world.... first interior - now exterior.....

Pening or "Happening"???

Happening to us, Pening for MH... fuel lah.. ini lah. itu lah.. :finger:

I recall Uncle Pieter mentioned some time back about a study between the A320 and B738 by an airline (I think it was Air Berlin?), and A320 was found to be more fuel-efficient.

Other than fuel-efficiency MAS has to take into account too their previous piloting and engineering experiences as well as engine compatibilities with the age-old -400s they have now. Besides, the swelling Euro makes buying European products not as worthwhile as the weakening USD.

Other than that, operating the same domestic and regional fleet as AirAsia (A320) means passengers can compare up till every thread on their colorful fabric with their most fiercest competitor.

Just my humble thoughts.

Emm according to NST news report from Farnborough, MH agree to pay USD2.6 Billion (MYR 8.4 billion) for 35 B737-800NG..i just like to ask some question here..

Pardon me if my question sound funny.. :pardon: :pardon:

1. Quote from the report

"The airlines has acquired purchase rights for an addition 20 aircraft, which it will only have to deice on from 2016 onwards."

My question,what the quote really mean..it is MAS will get special price for next order on B737-800/900 in future??.. why some report say MAS buy 55

plane..what the other 20 aircraft as option mean??

2. Again quote from the report:

"Chief financial officer Datuk Tengku Azmil Zahruddin said MAS will acquire the the plane directly, and will partially sell adn lease back from Penerbangan

Malaysia Berhad."

My question is,from my what i understand, if MAS will own all the 35 aircrafts, why MAS should sell it again??and what mean by "lease bacj from PMB"??

Previously, i though MAS will buy some and some PMB will buy it and MAS will lease from PMB..

Thanks.. :)

commissions from the sale, sell back get commission, resell again get more commission.....

somebody keep the commission..... <_<

2. Again quote from the report:

"Chief financial officer Datuk Tengku Azmil Zahruddin said MAS will acquire the the plane directly, and will partially sell adn lease back from Penerbangan

Malaysia Berhad."

My question is,from my what i understand, if MAS will own all the 35 aircrafts, why MAS should sell it again??and what mean by "lease bacj from PMB"??

Previously, i though MAS will buy some and some PMB will buy it and MAS will lease from PMB..

Edited by yeadrian

It seems like the model of the a/c shown in the press which is on MAS llivery are blended with the winglets. So i think we should be expecting it. We should be able to see some of the NG's running in operation by next year as i heard that they are dry leasing 3 of them.

Wow, excellent memory, at least, better than mine !!! :sorry:

Indeed....think I posted that about 2 years ago...

It would be nice for MH to introduce a new livery (when the 738 arrives), i.s.o. this 'boring' one :pardon:

Plenty of good ideas have been placed here @ MW before... :good:

Cant wait to fly on board the Boeing 737NG, i once flown on the B737-700s and im impressed with the comfort available on board. A quiet engine for sure.

Also, the order from MAS brought the 737 ordered past 8,000 aircraft:

The order, which brought the total number of Boeing 737s ordered past the 8,000th mark, was recently posted on the Boeing Commercial Airplanes Orders and Deliveries Web site attributed to an unidentified customer.

It would be nice for MH to introduce a new livery (when the 738 arrives), i.s.o. this 'boring' one :pardon:

I agree. Stripes along the fuselage is soooo 70s. Haha :pardon:

New livery?

How about just leave it 'bare' silver. Like those CX and JL cargo planes? It's going to be so cool.

Plenty of good ideas have been placed here @ MW before... :good:

Suggested to the management.

Our current livery has been around from the mid 80s. Any chance for a newer, more exciting livery soon?

If we ever need a new one, I suggest that we open a competition through the internet. I know there are a lot of people with creative designs out there. Maybe a prize of a couple of free tickets will be enough; no need for an expensive designer firm.

The Heliconia and Hibiscus livery were nice; too bad they are now history.

Of course they are not bothered.

Edited by Radzi

New livery?

How about just leave it 'bare' silver. Like those CX and JL cargo planes? It's going to be so cool.

Saves on fuel and paint cost, so I read about AA planes.

I agree. Stripes along the fuselage is soooo 70s. Haha :pardon:

Yeah. The trend nowadays, as i can see, most airlines paints their machines with 'airy' or 'wavy' style ala heliconia and hibby - some with the 'fade effect' (i like) - be it on the whole scheme or the striped along the fuselage... most did this for special cs for few aircrafts. MH may put this one the new 738 fleet.

Better than about 80% of the fuselages now, all white.

Personally I like the current livery. If there is one thing I would change, I would paint the grey part of the fuselage white as well.

Hai Mr. MIR..Nice job here to create new livery for MAS B737-800.. :good:

But i personally do not like the tail design also the font of MAS on fuselage..It do not match lah..look bit cacat..if the font you can make it bit small,i guess it ok..sorry to mention, it not critic all your work..IF we can see the Lion Air with Boeing livery still consider nice.. :) :)

Let's go back to the 80s livery - more 'racy' and eye catching methinks.

Sign in to follow this