MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andrew Hunt

KLIA Runway 14L (Summer 2008)

Hi MWings,

Just came back to Singapore from a 1 1/2 day photography to your wonderful KLIA. Didn't see too many of you, but of course met up with Big Jon....cheers for lunch :drinks: and I will return the compliment when you make it to Singapore! Also a hello to WT and Imran, whom I met for the first time and displayed the usual MWings friendliness!

Wasn't sure where to post these photos as I could not find a thread for AM 14L arrivals, so I thought I would create one. Apologies if I was wrong!

I spent the Saturday morning the Lakeside (aka "The Pond") and the weather started out nicely......some wonderful buildup gave me a stunning background to work with....and nice sun! My highlight was the MK A332, which was my first time seeing this lovely machine!

3bnbm_kul_120708_800.jpg

There were a nice host of arrivals during the whole morning (MH B737s and Air Asia A320s are GOOD for me!) and I devoured all of them. Especially enjoyed the Qatar A333 still in Asian Games c/s, yummy!

a7aef_kul_120708_800.jpg

After that I went to 14R for afternoon rotation.....I will post pictures from that session in the other thread. Got some nice things.....go have a look!

This morning (Sunday) I woke up nice and early and was a bit dismayed to see a lot of cloud cover whilst driving to the airport. Postive thinking prevailed and sure enough 10 minutes after I pitched up at the lake....the sun broke through! :yahoo:

Didn't know what to expect and then I saw an interesting B747 on finals.....couldn't make it out until it was virtually side on...GMG Airlines!!!!!! Was very very happy to catch this one

tfamk_kul_170708_800.jpg

At this point Jon and I were SMSing frantically with all of the meet up arrangements and I was keeping him informed of what was coming in. Then, another interesting B747 on approach. I couldn't quite make it out, and then it clicked.. Iran Air B747SP!!! On my goodness, this was a dream for me and I must say the highlight of my trip. Best of all, Jon told me later, it was EP-IAA which apparently has just been returned to operational service. Carrying some nice stickers as well!

epiaa_kul_170708_800.jpg

It was a pity that no-one was there to share my joy, but at least I can post them here to let you see them.

Wanted to get these up first, will post more of the session later. Now time to process some more pics and put them on the 14R thread!

Enjoy!

Andrew

Woah,

Andrew.Nice shots there and good catch of that GMG..Very rare to get the Jumbo esp during the day.

Andrew, you surely got the luck to get IAA, and the GMG jumbo!

Now, there's more reason to go KLIA! :D

Hi Andrew... glad that you managed to get all these specials planes and liveries! Shall see ya end of August.

All right, next coming Sunday morning, i will be at the 14L lakeside at 7am... I want India Alpha Alpha! :D

Anyone joining me?

Andrew, you were driving a green-colored MPV / wagon? Saw you at the lakeside, alone around 1030 local. MMB.

Damn it~!! Cilaka... already plan to go for spotting but it was heavy rain for both day here in PD.. Aduyaaaiii~!!!

Btw. Nice Catch of Rare Rare.. Andrew.. :good::good:

Edited by Ibrahim

Wow !!! Andrew, you must have emptied your Karma Bank. Superb subjects and matching lighting conditions . . . all beautifully captured.

Wish some of these birds - especially the two "interesting" B747s - could some day be scheduled visitors to SIN too.

KC Sim

Andrew, nice catch of those "rare" 747. :clapping:

There are more reasons for me to look forward to during my future spotting sessions. :yahoo:

It was a pity that no-one was there to share my joy, but at least I can post them here to let you see them.

Enjoy!

Andrew

I had pass through the lake... But no sight of you :p

OMG Andrew. Fantastic planes you got there!!!!

I heard from Michael that CI sent their special livery is it?

Tat time I saw the plane is black in colour ones which is A330-300. I seen from LCCT... :o

I guess is new livery... Hehe With panda ones...:lol:

Or i HAV MISTAKEN...? Dunno oh...

And about the plane i stated...for the A330-300?

Is Srilankan Airlines....

Psps :sorry:

Edited by Michael Chai

Andrew,

Some superb shots of you here again !!! :drinks:

Love the QR three-thirty, especially ;)

Looking forward to see some SIN-shots too :pardon:

if everything permits and weather permit ... i will be there later around 10 am ...... anyone going ??? i know it sound odds :D ... wednesday morning :D

Hi Andrew... glad that you managed to get all these specials planes and liveries! Shall see ya end of August.

All right, next coming Sunday morning, i will be at the 14L lakeside at 7am... I want India Alpha Alpha! :D

Anyone joining me?

I thought not many people this morning since nobody reply to Emperor's request here... :pardon:

But I was wrong.... by the time I arrived around 0730... fuhh!

MWTeam_8567.jpg

Almost recreation of anniversary gathering..... :lol:

I guessed everybody's looking for Andrew Hunt's Karma... :p ...

So we'll see their catch later.... :D

Mine?.... Hmmm... Was hoping for DieselTen...

But Old Bus with Moon... ok laaa....

Biman_8574.jpg

Then I tried to get the belly shots using the lake...:p ...

AKReflect_8748.jpg

GFReflect_8891.jpg

SQRefelct_8883.jpg

and a little bit of luck here...

IRReflect_8791.jpg...

Ok guys... your turn... ;)

--

Sorry for being late. Last Sunday 13th July I intended to photograph the derailed goods train near Kuala Sawah, Rantau, Seremban. But I was refused entry by the KTM Police. So I went to KLIA instead.

First shot, Carlolux. Reminds me of the Beatles White Album.

Cargolux.jpg

My first Williams

Williams.jpg

Also my first large fonted AK

AHL.jpg

Long time no see Yemenia

Yemenia.jpg

Also long time no Ladang spotting. After this Eva I felt really scared. Then I went to Weather Station to join Jon Kong and Norman. But had to leave early due to the rain.

Evaedited.jpg

Bye.