MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Simon

Melaka spotting

Saw a dark color (blue?) Boeing 737 landed at ~12pm and leave at ~12:25pm. Make a turn to the airport terminal saw the red carpet arrangement from the entrance, seems fetching some VIPs.

Westar 737?

Hi Mich,

I saw it approaching for landing from my office at 8th floor, is like >2km away so identification of rego is not possible.

Hi Waiping,

Never know Westar own 737 in its fleet. Have a look from http://www.airplane-pictures.net/image18470.html and I am quite sure it is the one. Thanks!

Today's paper stated that an Air Asia A320 landed at MKZ yesterday at 2.30p.m

Anyone knows what is the rego ?

First ever A320 landing at MKZ? Damn I miss it.

Just wondering what is the purpose of this activity. A320 require longer runway for take off/landing then B737? Did they do this for B737 before also? :blink:

Some said thyre gna make mkz as their alternate aerodrome. Hw true is dat? I honestly dont know. We were prevented from taking off for circuits and landig for an hour from 2.30 pm till 3.30 pm.

Anyone have any information either Perdana One is coming to MKZ this Saturday? ;)

Thought the runway was completed long time ago......

Perhaps they had to wait till they could accumulate enough fuel at MKZ for the A320's flight back to KUL-LCCT ? :p

TUDM regular. Decided to stop by the road and take. Too bad weather wasn't really ideal after the rain..

DSCF0930.jpg

DSCF0943.jpg

DSCF0948.jpg

DSCF0949.jpg

DSCF0950-1.jpg

Wow...check out the propeller vortice! Nice~

The Melaka Air Carnival is still on right July 12th ? What will be on display? :acute:

Last Sunday morning 11am-ish "Keris Sakti" team was conducting a practice over the Bt Berendam area. Hope they are coming. :)

Today's ~11:40am, the Aermacchi MB339 (M34-16) made a low-level high-speed flyby before landing. Immediately it grabs the attention from the peoples on the ground.

Too bad with the rainy morning.

IMG_2608.jpg

Good catch MMLim.... The MB339 is there for the Melaka International Air Carnival...

what else already arrived?

Planned to be in Batu Berendam whole day tomorrow... see you...

Went in today as a regular visitor though weather as usual wasn't favorable but it did shield off the afternoon heat. Place is packed with mostly Light Turboprops on static display with a few exemptions on those from MFA and acrobatics. :drinks:

DSCF1016.jpg

Layang-Layang was here

DSCF1021.jpg

The terminal

DSCF1034.jpg

MMLim's plane was unfortunately sleeping by the time i got there :sorry:

DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

We are about to leave at this point until someone working from the terminal called us in and gave us pass to the restricted zone to have a view of M71-01 inside

DSCF1036.jpg

DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

The Cockpit

DSCF1048.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

Throttle

DSCF1053.jpg

Backside stayed here for about 10 mins to have a chat with the crew operating this aircraft.

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1038.jpg

RM100 per pax for 20 min ride around Melaka

DSCF1064.jpg

And the acrobatics

DSCF1089.jpg

Heard they'll be more tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy :drinks: