MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Simon

Melaka spotting

Padang? I thought only to SZB and MED start on 21st Nov.

That's a bit late to cater to the Hajj crowd as the season's practically over, and the Umrah season only begins sometime in Q1 next year. Furthermore, it will have to be a multistop journey for an ATR. Must be a miserable journey for the pilgrims in a such a small cabin doing probably 14hrs overall.

However, on a totally separate note, the largest city in Sumatra attracts visitors year round with many flights per day linking it to M'sia, unlike that other city in the Middle East.

That's a bit late to cater to the Hajj crowd as the season's practically over, and the Umrah season only begins sometime in Q1 next year. Furthermore, it will have to be a multistop journey for an ATR. Must be a miserable journey for the pilgrims in a such a small cabin doing probably 14hrs overall.

However, on a totally separate note, the largest city in Sumatra attracts visitors year round with many flights per day linking it to M'sia, unlike that other city in the Middle East.

I think the "MED" refers to "Medan"

The Sikorsky S-92 just arrived yesterday (28-Nov), and according to one of the staff (Sikorsky?), it will stay at MKZ till tomorrow. There will be some demo flights today, but too bad I have to work.

It is stationed at the SPAERO hangar right opposite of the airport control tower.

01-2.jpg

02-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

doesn't look like 78% pax to me unless you missed the main group

btw Medan is MES

yeah..miss the earlier group..went to terminal afterthat.

thanks..i knew but dont y keep typing med... :blink:

Just saw a bizjet (Global Express?) parked at the airport ramp, seems spending overnight, while passing by the Bt Berendam McD.

A helicopter is expected to land at Padang Dusun Dato' Murad, Ayer Keroh around 0900 on Friday (24/01012).

Rumoured that there'll be a ceremony for the inaugural flight of Sky Aviation(Tanjung Pinang to Melaka sector) tomorrow around 1300.

heard got new airlines coming.

Another one from Indonesia?