MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
marcusaffleck

Malaysia Airllines Axes ARN

EMM did MH still fly to EWR??Impossible MH will make ultra long journey to EWR or MH will make a stop at DXB as before..correct me if I wrong..

Ha? Any sources other than my post in this thread and my Malaysian Aviation Thread 7 in A.Net?

What I know so far is that, based on MH's emails to travel agents recently, several MH90/91 flights are being cancelled in September and October 2008. So speculations that the ARN and EWR flights may be terminated/suspended are surfacing, in view of the rising fuel prices. It may be just an attempt on MH's behalf to reduce capacity, as Dato Seri Idris Jala mentioned recently.

EMM did MH still fly to EWR??Impossible MH will make ultra long journey to EWR or MH will make a stop at DXB as before..correct me if I wrong..

Ayo! MH still fly to EWR until today (remember the whole axing then reinstating back for VMY2007 drama some times ago?). Indeed, it is impossible for MH to fly to EWR non stop, because MH's don't have any ULH capable aircrafts (B772LR or A345), therefore MH use ARN (Arlanda in Stockholm, Sweden) as the technical stop point (as in the case of TPE for LAX). MH have been doing this for many years.

MH's service to EWR via DXB was terminated more than a decade ago (?) or probably earlier (?), when EK (Emirates) started their direct flights from DXB to JFK. Load, yield and cargo dropped drastically on that flights, which forced MH to reroute it via ARN. An aquintance of mine always praised MH's KUL-DXB-EWR service, saying that it was a very brilliant route planning at the time when ULH (ultra long haul) flights are still non existence. MH did pioneer something, according to him.

Im lucky that u had made ther ight choice to fly to EWR last month. My inbound and outbound fligth are near full capacity, i wnder MH plan to axe that route.

Ayo! MH still fly to EWR until today (remember the whole axing then reinstating back for VMY2007 drama some times ago?). Indeed, it is impossible for MH to fly to EWR non stop, because MH's don't have any ULH capable aircrafts (B772LR or A345), therefore MH use ARN (Arlanda in Stockholm, Sweden) as the technical stop point (as in the case of TPE for LAX). MH have been doing this for many years.

MH's service to EWR via DXB was terminated more than a decade ago (?) or probably earlier (?), when EK (Emirates) started their direct flights from DXB to JFK. Load, yield and cargo dropped drastically on that flights, which forced MH to reroute it via ARN. An aquintance of mine always praised MH's KUL-DXB-EWR service, saying that it was a very brilliant route planning at the time when ULH (ultra long haul) flights are still non existence. MH did pioneer something, according to him.

On EWR/DXB sector, MH 772 load was limited by headwind and never profitable from day one.

It make more sense for MH to route EWR via AMS and MH should code share AMS/EWR with KLM.

:drinks:

Cannot be seen operating neighbour's hand me down bah - mana maruah (Pieter : where is the dignity) :)

with the axing of routes as mentioned, are we going to be like GARUDA?

They used to have massive international network (correct me if i'm wrong), but after the 1997 crisis GARUDA started to drop most of its' international routes.

Ehem, excuse me! Garuda Indonesia is running strong at the moment with a healthy cash flow, revenue and profits. And I think they are in a better management now and it shows with their progress in certain routes (like PNK) and recent expansion to NGO and MAA (during the time when most airlines cut frequencies and terminate routes).

I think GA is having a better planning than MH at the moment, in bracing for the future. GA had placed a firm order of 70 aircrafts (50 Boeing 737-800s, 10 boeing 777-300ERs and 10 Boeing 787s), as compared to 35 Boeing 737-800s order of MH.

It is just a matter of time when they finally show their renewed self, backed by a very huge home base (population of 250 million people). I get so jealous everytime I see the following photo, GA's B77W... (Bilalah MAS nak beli ni?! Garuda pun boleh beli 10, malulah!)

GA777.jpg

I think GA is having a better planning than MH at the moment, in bracing for the future. GA had placed a firm order of 70 aircrafts (50 Boeing 737-800s, 10 boeing 777-300ERs and 10 Boeing 787s), as compared to 35 Boeing 737-800s order of MH.

It is just a matter of time when they finally show their renewed self, backed by a very huge home base (population of 250 million people). I get so jealous everytime I see the following photo, GA's B77W... (Bilalah MAS nak beli ni?! Garuda pun boleh beli 10, malulah!)

Agree and agree....mahulah MH...hehehehehe.. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

It will be nice day for Malaysian if Datuk IJ say :"Come to my office,I'll sign check to buy new B787,berape mahu,10 ke 20"..) :drinks:

Sign in to follow this