MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Victor Goh

What would your decision be as a captain?

My dear pilots,

I have seen countless cases where ground staffs really testing out captains' ability of decision making. Here are a few examples:

1. A child with chicken pox, day 10, dried, having doctor's letter stating she is fit to fly.

2. A lady on the 36th week of pregnancy, having doctor's letter stating she is able to travel by air.

3. An infant, 5 days old, yet doctor gives written green light to travel by air.

and the list goes on... cases with proof to deny SOPs.

My question is this. What would a pilot/captain take into consideration in order to answer these queries? Would it make any difference if it's a short sector? Would you let any of these passengers onboard your flight? It's 3am & i'm sleepy, this is as far as my question goes, for now. Hope i could be enlightened by some kind souls here.

Victor

follow the procedures...

if not allowed then just don't allow

not sure whether doctor report could allow them to fly even though its not allowed....

My dear pilots,

I have seen countless cases where ground staffs really testing out captains' ability of decision making. Here are a few examples:

1. A child with chicken pox, day 10, dried, having doctor's letter stating she is fit to fly.

2. A lady on the 36th week of pregnancy, having doctor's letter stating she is able to travel by air.

3. An infant, 5 days old, yet doctor gives written green light to travel by air.

and the list goes on... cases with proof to deny SOPs.

My question is this. What would a pilot/captain take into consideration in order to answer these queries? Would it make any difference if it's a short sector? Would you let any of these passengers onboard your flight? It's 3am & i'm sleepy, this is as far as my question goes, for now. Hope i could be enlightened by some kind souls here.

Victor

I believe each company has its own SEP (safety emergency procedures) with regards to the carriage of sick persons as mention above.almost all will be rejected from boarding regardless of the doctors letter.

Sign in to follow this