MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Helmy

Light aircraft crashes into Ipoh housing area

Light aircraft crashes into Ipoh housing area, trainee pilot and instructor injured

IPOH, THURS:

A two-seater Eagle 150B light aircraft crashed into the compound of a house in Taman Cempaka here today, badly injuring a trainee pilot and his flight instructor.

Trainee pilot Ahmad Tarmezee Ahmad Lotpi, 23, and flight instructor Mohamad Faizal Kamaruddin, 37, have been admitted to the Ipoh Hospital following the accident at about 1.30 pm.

The aircraft crashed onto a spot between a wall of the house and the concrete perimeter wall.

House owner Indran Sagaran, 37, said the plane narrowly missed crashing onto his house where his two children and their aunt were at that time.

Source : The New Straits Times

When i see the news last night,I was suprised to see the aircraft..totally written off :blink:

But thank goodness everybody onboard that aircraft survived.

Oh my.... I missed all news... I'll pray for speedy recovery for both trainee and instructor...

Oh my.... I missed all news... I'll pray for speedy recovery for both trainee and instructor...

My dear Irni, what are you doing up so late? Neway, prayers will go out to them..

My dear Irni, what are you doing up so late? Neway, prayers will go out to them..

[Off-topic] Just got back from work, and this is considered quite early for me :) Hey... long time didn't see you around here, Victor! [/Off-topic]

Yeah... pray they get better soon :( When I saw this thread's title, it kind of unnerves me, since it reminds me of the private Cessna aircraft which went nosedive on a roof of a house in a residential area in Kent, London. Around end of March '08. Five people were killed in that incident :(