MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Filipe Rafael Henriques

Malaysian airlines interested in a new 19-seat airplane

What Malaysian airlines could be interested in a new twin turboprop light aircraft, in any of this configurations?

- Passengers: 19-seats

- Cargo: 3.3ton payload

- Combi: 14 seats, and 13.1cubic metters.

Take off distance: 610 metters

Range:

from Kuala Lumpur

KUL.gif

from Kota Kinabalu

BKI.gif

Most likely MASwings to replace their Twin Otters.

Definately the Viking Air DHC-6 Series 400,to replacing the current Series 300 fleet for MASWings.

With the recent fuel hike, i think the management is likely to further delay the fleet renewal for the Twin otter.

Sad to hear that...

with oldest 9M-MDK first reveneu flight took off on March 1982 while "youngest" in operation begin in May 1992..this flight not only ferry human but animal as weel..chicken is the most "lucky" animal get on board perhaps, with Twin Otter..some of rural resident even bring TONG GAS...hehehehe...that is the scenario on Rural Air Service (RAS)...most of them use twin otter as best option get connected with outside world..

one day i hope i'll fly to highland of Bario(BBN) or Bakalalan(BKM) or others rural place suc as Long Akah (LKH),Long Banga(LBP),Long Lellang(LGL) and Long Seridan(ODN);all in Sarawak, with twin otter before MASwings start to replace it... with Datuk Idris Jala as "tour guide" perhaps..hehehehehe :drinks: