MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Takeoff: The A380 Saga

I think this is the premiere for Asia.

Now showing on Discovery Channel Asia (Astro Ch. 551): 9pm-11pm MY time.

Repeats

Midnight tonight

Tomorrow 09/06/08: 8am and 2pm

I watched it, but get bored......felt like I watched it b4, just an extended version of the first flight.

Edited by Seth K

whats it about?

From http://www.throng.co.nz/discovery-channel/...e-off-a380-saga

For over five years, LCL production has had exclusive access to this momentous endeavour. Present at every crucial moment, cameras have witnessed behind the scenes, the making of the world’s first super-jumbo. From assembly to first flight and through the critical testing phase, this program shows viewers the men and women involved in the creation of the Airbus through their moments of doubt, adversity, success and pride. Today, as Singapore Airlines finally take delivery of history’s first super-jumbo and set out to launch the first flight, viewers will relive the extraordinary story of the Airbus, A380.

Pretty much the same as the other A380 doc's on discovery channel. Same footage, but some new stuff thrown in.

yup.. i watched it, around 30 min . it was around the same like previous version

It isn't... Call this an "extended version" if you like as there were quite a lot of extra bits with SQ's innaugural flight, interviews with SQ peeps etc... The extra input was largely about SQ, really.

Even for the first hour of the show have been show before but the second 1 hour was great.. to watch SIA A380 cabin layout from the documentary and some pictures from A.net were great and marvelous man made marvel..

I'm start counting day till 2011 to see with my own eye the A380 Saga again with MAS full livery....hope MAS able design much better cabin layout to compete with SIA and others airlines.. :drinks: ..

Even for the first hour of the show have been show before but the second 1 hour was great.. to watch SIA A380 cabin layout from the documentary and some pictures from A.net were great and marvelous man made marvel..

Yes, and the lady in the 1st SQ flight who said she would never fly in a non-A380 again, and the bloke who proclaimed the 747 was left in the water. :D

Plotted in my phone's reminder since I first saw the commercial weeks ago. Waited with much anticipation. :clapping:

Overall, it's an interesting 2 hour documentary despite the recycled footage used in "Giant of the Skies: Building the A380". Leahy is indeed the perfect person for PR/Sales/Marketing job. Just look at the way he talks in front of the camera, as though he's talking to us (viewer) and not the camera/cameraman. I wonder how much of commission will he get for each A380 sold. :huh:

I thought the guy who paid $100,000 for the inaugural flight's name is Julian Hayward.

But the narrator mentioned him as Julian Barnes.

Hmmm... :pardon:

Just wondering is there any documentary series for dreamliner?

yes..i wonder, why there no any documentary on Boeing show on either Discovery or NGC ??may be the B787 still in progress kot..hope there will be some documentary to us to see soon on B787 program...

Sign in to follow this