MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
zaki

MAS Launches 3rd Wave of Low Fares Campaign

Sunday June 8, 2008

MAS launches third wave of low fares campaign

PETALING JAYA: Malaysia Airlines has launched the third wave of its Everyday Low Fares campaign, offering another two million seats to destinations in Malaysia, South-East Asia, China, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Australia.

One-way fares to South-East Asian destinations start from zero, while fares to Dhaka and Karachi start from RM99. Passengers to Perth and Brisbane in Australia will enjoy fares starting from RM149.

To enjoy the deals, travellers will have to book online at MAS’ website between June 9 and 22. The deals are valid for travel between July 15 and Dec 14, 2008, except for the Australian routes where the travel period is between Nov 1, 2008 and April 30, 2009.

MAS also announced that it has linked up with Maybank and CIMB, and clients of the two banks could now pay for their tickets online without using credit cards.

“Once bookings are finalised, customers will be guided to the payment option page where they can authorise payments to be debited directly from their Maybank or CIMB accounts,” MAS said in a statement.

The third wave of the low-fare campaign covers 21 domestic routes, 22 South-East Asian routes, five China routes, two to Australia, and one each to Bangladesh and Pakistan.

MAS managing director Datuk Seri Idris Jala said the Everyday Low Fares mechanism was flexible and allowed customers to mix the promotional low fares with regular ones.

“For instance, if the lowest fare is available only on one leg of the journey but not available on the return leg due to the choice of travel dates, a customer can still purchase a combination of the low and regular fares for the intended journey,” he said.

Never mind the fuel price hike, it seems like now is a good time to fly...

That's another new frontier from MH. I expect such further competition from AK. More competetion is indeed good for consumers. Look like time to plan and pack for another vacation. :drinks:

Edited by Kenneth T

Brisbane and Perth? Lol. The very place AKX is treading its toes into. :p

It is very obvious that it is direct competition.

Only Brisbane and Perth and nowhere else in Australia.

Can't seem to be able to book it though.

It is very obvious that it is direct competition.

Only Brisbane and Perth and nowhere else in Australia.

Can't seem to be able to book it though.

not yet la, booking starts june 9.

not yet la, booking starts june 9.

I meant for the non-sale fares.

Tried booking for mid-April and it doesn't seem to allow me to.

I meant for the non-sale fares.

Tried booking for mid-April and it doesn't seem to allow me to.

I think the booking engine stuffs up again... sigh...

It's up guys.

INTERNATIONAL LOW FARE

From BKI

BWN, CEB, CAN, HKG, MNL, SIN (all starts from MYR 0)

From KUL

MYR 0

BWN, BKK, SGN, CGK, MNL, MES, HKT, REP, SUB, JOG

MYR 59

SIN

MYR 99

DPS, DAC, CAN, HAN, HKG, KHI, PNH

MYR 149

BNE, PER, PVG

DOMESTIC LOW FARE

MYR 9

All intra Peninsular (except Langkawi) and intra Borneo flights

MYR 19

LGK

MYR 39

All flights from Peninsular to Borneo and vice versa (except Kota Kinabalu and Labuan)

MYR 49

BKI and LBU from Peninsular and vice versa

What caught my attention is the offer to BNE, PER and PVG, which I think specifically tailored to kill AirAsia X (D7).

Cost comparison for a return adult ticket:

KUL-BNE/OOL-KUL

D7 - MYR 707 (A333, no IFE, no food, no check in luggage)

MH - MYR 1,532 (B747-400!!!, IFE, food, check in luggage, via SYD) - MYR 149 one way fare plus taxes and surcharge

Difference - MYR 825

KUL-PER-KUL

D7 - MYR 607 (A333, no IFE, no food, no check in luggage)

MH - MYR 1,507 (B777-200ER!!!, IFE, food, check in luggage) - MYR 149 one way fare plus taxes and surcharge

Difference - MYR 900

KUL-PVG/HGH-KUL

D7 - MYR 451 (A333, no IFE, no food, no check in luggage)

MH - MYR 987 (A333/B777-200ER!!!, IFE, food, check in luggage) - MYR 149 one way fare plus taxes and surcharge

Difference - MYR 536

Although D7's prices are much lower than half of MH's for all 3 destinations, for those who care about comfort will find MH's offers quite a bargain. This is also an opportunity for those who want to fly on MH's B747-400 and B777-200ER abroad with cheap fares.

Azizul, where do you get the list of the sales? I have browsed MAS website, couldn't find any except the flashy homepage with the MAS girl smiling or more like almost laughing...

... If D7 serves AKL too. I bet MH will offer this kind of price to all D7 destinations. Can't wait for London!

AirAsiaX.png

AirAsia X vs, the "Other" Airline. Mind you, the AirAsia X fare does not include luggage check in fees and food. Interesting that AirAsia even bothers to compare.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z252/di...ck/AirAsiaX.png

AirAsia X vs, the "Other" Airline. Mind you, the AirAsia X fare does not include luggage check in fees and food. Interesting that AirAsia even bothers to compare.

Even if AirAsia added those in, food and checked baggage, I think the difference will still be cheaper on Air Asia.

I recently booked a rtn flight to BKK on the MAS 0 fare, I think I paid RM507 on taxes and surcharges, if I had managed to get an AirAsia fare for RM0 I would have saved big, alas there were no cheap fares on AK for the dates I wanted.

What isn't included in the costs is the added stress for flying AK. Morning and evening rush hour at the LCCT, when it's full to the brim, packed like sardines, it makes for a stressful journey, the delays and being bored in that tin shed with hard plastic seats, making that mad dash to the plane, these are the hidden costs for paying low fares. At least with KLIA, you get the full amenities of the Main Terminal. Is that worth some of the huge differences in what you pay for MH and AK? I guess that depends.

IMHO, if it's just a short flight say 2-3 hours, I don't mind to travel on Air Asia but if you're talking about long haul flights i.e to Australia, I rather pay more for comfort. Let's say if the difference is about RM500-800, I rather take MH. I wouldn't want to suffer on a plane before reaching my destination especially if I'm on a vacation!!! Besides that, for budget airlines, you have to rush to the line to get into the plane like a bus and pay for every single thing on board which sometimes some people did not budget for that and they lost count on their actual expenses spent for that flight! In the end, maybe you'll save about RM200-300 but you wished you could have paid a bit more for comfort and service.

it just a matter of saving your $$$ or has a good and comfort flight journey..i agree,for long haul journey,i can't imagine how you stand for massive LCCT, rush to aircraft to get strategic seat (how if not get seat as u wish and you get seat at middle of 4 seat in a row),no serve in-flight food (nned to purchase if u want to eat) and no in-flight entertainment (may be)..THINK BEFORE YOU FLY.. :pardon:

it just a matter of saving your $$$ or has a good and comfort flight journey..i agree,for long haul journey,i can't imagine how you stand for massive LCCT, rush to aircraft to get strategic seat (how if not get seat as u wish and you get seat at middle of 4 seat in a row),no serve in-flight food (nned to purchase if u want to eat) and no in-flight entertainment (may be)..THINK BEFORE YOU FLY.. :pardon:

you have to pay for inflight entertainment! LOL why not AK just remove all the seat belts and you need to pay for safety also? or pay for oxygen? or pay for life vest? LOL that would make some money!

you have to pay for inflight entertainment! LOL why not AK just remove all the seat belts and you need to pay for safety also? or pay for oxygen? or pay for life vest? LOL that would make some money!

Hoho...don't give them ideas.

They may well install coin slots where you'll have to insert coins to gain entry to the toilets.

emm toilet may be need to charge soon??toilet tissue??each steps u use to climb stair provide before boarding??ask any assistant or question from flight crew need to pay 20cent and then they entertain ur request??

Any more?? :help: :help: :help:

Hoho...don't give them ideas.

They may well install coin slots where you'll have to insert coins to gain entry to the toilets.

Watch this. Scary huh?

Seat Belt = $5

Release Flab (for Seat Belt) = $7

Inflight Meal = A single peanut (subject to weather flight attendants choose to go down the aisle)

Lavatories = At the front and the rear of the AIRPORT (no lavatory onboard)

Looking at the Safety Instruction = $3

Looking at the Safety Instruction then put it back upon knowing that reading it will be charged = $4

Oxygen mask = Free of Charge

Oxygen flow = $75.63 (exact change is appreciated)

Enjoy your flight.

I

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

MH has further extended the low fares period for certain destinations till end of this week. Is this due to the light load?

Sign in to follow this