MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

PMB to sell B737-400 fleet

PMB to sell B737-400 fleet

By Fauziah Ismail

Published: 2008/06/05

The new buyer will have to lease the planes to MAS until the airline takes delivery of the B737-800s it has ordered to replace the ageing aircraft

PENERBANGAN Malaysia Bhd (PMB) has put up for sale all the 17 B737-400s leased to Malaysia Airlines (MAS).

It is not immediately known how many bids PMB received since the offer closed on Monday, but under terms of the sale, PMB expects to deliver all the planes to the new owner by the end of the month.

The planes are between 11 years and 16 years old, and have between 60 months and 79 months left on the lease, according to its website.

The new buyer will have to lease the planes to MAS under what has been termed as "identical individual market-standard operating lease agreements", beginning on the purchase date.

This will ensure that MAS will have uninterrupted possession of the aircraft until it takes delivery of the B737-800s it has ordered to replace the ageing B737-400s.

The B737-800s will be delivered from September 2010.

MAS has announced that it is buying 35 aircraft, with an option for 20 more B737-800s, for US$4.2 billion (RM13.6 billion).

According to PMB's request for proposal to buyers, the transaction will have to go through a Labuan-based entity, which will be the registered owner and lessor of the aircraft.

Besides the B737-400s, PMB's fleet comprises 13 B747-400s, nine A330-300s, six B777-400s, eight Fokker 50s and five Twin Otters.

All except the Fokker 50s and Twin Otters are leased to MAS. The two other aircraft are leased to MASwings, a subsidiary of MAS that operates in Sabah and Sarawak.

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIM...B4.xml/Article/

we are the first one in d world. :rofl: :rofl:

must be a typo there.. :D

obviuosly a major malfunction during typing.meant to be B777-200ER instead of wrong fingering went for -400.

Sell and lease back means to release cash tied down with the assets and give the lessor guaranteed income for a few years.

Interested to know, who will be the lessor :finger:

:drinks:

My (wicked) list of nominees are:

- PMB lease to PNB

- PMB lease to Khazanah Nasional

- PMB lease to Tabung Haji

- PMB lease to PTPTN

- PMB lease to Petronas

- PMB lease to Sime Darby

???

And the winner is ... Hopefully some Arab prince or something will buy them.

- PMB lease to PNB

- PMB lease to PTPTN

- PMB lease to Petronas

???

I thought it was obvious, clearly Proton should take them.

- PMB lease to PNB

- PMB lease to PTPTN

- PMB lease to Petronas

???

Actually, the answer is ...none of the above. As it will be a sale or disposal.

According to PMB's request for proposal to buyers, the transaction will have to go through a Labuan-based entity, which will be the registered owner and lessor of the aircraft.

This is the part that caught my attention - another "subsidy" programme perhaps ?

That's just a condition to make use of the labuan offshore facilities. Just like, say, MH buys from Boeing subject to Boeing producing certain parts in M'sia.

Sign in to follow this