MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Azri M.

Jetstar KUL-SYD will be cut!!!

Believe BKK is the preferred choice but AOT is reluctant to make concession to JQ. However, CAAS is keen to discount certain charges and offer delegated facility to lure JQ to SIN.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Yet last week they had that huge KL sale with travel right across the cut period. How on earth are they going to get people to KL??

Via SIN... ;)

Plus the MEL-SIN is via Darwin, so I cant see JQ throwing pax on MEL-DWN-SIN-KUL (as this is murder)

I think they would put them on a QF flight to Singapore(ex SYD), then JQ Asia on to KL.

Edited by Lukas Mahoney

I have indeed booked on JQ SYD-KUL in November, wonder what kind of arrangement will they make ? :help:

I called the customer service centre yesterday and they seems like they have no idea about the flight termination. They asked me to wait for their reservation team to contact me.....

In this kind of situation, will the airline arrange for an alternative flight or just refund (which i hope it does not happen) ?

I have indeed booked on JQ SYD-KUL in November, wonder what kind of arrangement will they make ? :help:

I called the customer service centre yesterday and they seems like they have no idea about the flight termination. They asked me to wait for their reservation team to contact me.....

In this kind of situation, will the airline arrange for an alternative flight or just refund (which i hope it does not happen) ?

Do not expect any cash compensation.

JQ is likely to set up the kangaroo transit hub before they receive 787 or return to KUL.

You really think so? Even given today's operating environment and the cutbacks taking place within the Qantas group... I have serious doubts as to whether or not JQ will establish their hub in the next 1-2 years - the same time that the 787 will begin to come online.. they are consolidating and supporting existing ops. Any expansion in the next 1-2 years (given present market conditions continue to prevail) will be based on present capacity availability. I think you'll find that JQ/QF is in the process of evaluating their fleet options and option to defer orders for the immediate future.

You really think so? Even given today's operating environment and the cutbacks taking place within the Qantas group... I have serious doubts as to whether or not JQ will establish their hub in the next 1-2 years - the same time that the 787 will begin to come online.. they are consolidating and supporting existing ops. Any expansion in the next 1-2 years (given present market conditions continue to prevail) will be based on present capacity availability. I think you'll find that JQ/QF is in the process of evaluating their fleet options and option to defer orders for the immediate future.

Statistically, oil price, airline business and economy fluctuate in cycle, what go up will come down and vice versa.

Competitors on Kangaroo route are not limited to SQ or MH but EK and EY. JQ is Quantas tool to counteract MH, EK and EY low price strategy in Australia. Once the numbers make sense, JQ is highly likely to ply Kangaroo route.

If LCC like JQ can’t find KUL justified, doubt other western legacy airline will consider to add KUL to their network.

I don't think it's a matter of justified. The fact was, Jetstar needed the plane to service the new Japan routes. It either had to pull the HNL plane or the plane that went to Bali and Bangkok. KUL is the youngest of all the destinations JQ started, so I guess you could say in that sense they pulled a route that didn't have enough time to prove itself.

Alex.

I don't think it's a matter of justified. The fact was, Jetstar needed the plane to service the new Japan routes. It either had to pull the HNL plane or the plane that went to Bali and Bangkok. KUL is the youngest of all the destinations JQ started, so I guess you could say in that sense they pulled a route that didn't have enough time to prove itself.

Alex.

It is all about $ and cents.

I don't think it's a matter of justified. The fact was, Jetstar needed the plane to service the new Japan routes

It is a matter of justification - dollars and cents to be exact :)

If it was just a matter of not having enough metallic birds to do the business, can be brought in from elsewhere. No need to look far, parent QF is planning to send a few birds out to pasture I believe :)

You must realize those Aussie chaps probably have learnt sufficient tact by now not to declare "we're pulling out from KUL cause we're not profiteering enough on the route"

(sorry, unable to do an aussie slant on that :pardon: )

5000 budget tickets axed as fuel costs soar

Matthew Benns

July 6, 2008

Advertisement FIVE thousand Jetstar passengers are being told their budget-priced holidays to Malaysia are off.

The airline blames skyrocketing fuel prices for cancelling the heavily promoted, three-times-a-week Sydney to Kuala Lumpur service.

Staff are telephoning 5000 passengers who have booked for travel after the September cut-off date. Many had taken up the $50 fare offer, which, with taxes, amounted to about $500 - about half the usual fare.

Jetstar spokeswoman Simone Pregellio said: "We had to make some tough decisions with the oil prices being what they are so, at the moment, we are doing our very, very best to accommodate our passengers."

She said passengers had been offered the choice of a full refund, an alternative trip anywhere on the Jetstar network or a more convoluted trip to Kuala Lumpur via Singapore.

Christopher Zinn, from Choice, said: "People's rights in flight are far less than they presume and that's even when they paid full fare rather than buying a ticket on a special deal.

"The terms of carriage are not as generous as the airlines, with their beaming, friendly cabin staff, would have you believe. It is irrelevant what price people paid for a ticket - the airline should try to provide people with a trip as near as possible to the one they booked."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/5000-b...4951110498.html