MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Noolaaah...not bashing. You weren't attacking MH but criticising it for having lack of foresight, for not having gone through the full thought process prior to implementing the new online booking engine, for forgoing revenue as pax cannot buy tickets with ease online, for thinking that snackbox equates with 5-star service, for misleading customers with taglines that suggests quality and luxury...with the hope that one fine day, MH will learn and improve and be better.

Agreed... :sorry:

..... having lack of foresight, for not having gone through the full thought process prior to implementing the new online booking engine, for forgoing revenue as pax cannot buy tickets with ease online, for thinking that snackbox equates with 5-star service, for misleading customers with taglines that suggests quality and luxury...with the hope that one fine day, MH will learn and improve and be better

Oh yeah, that as well, I guess ! :D

A couple of "malufying" mistakes in new website - if you click on the flight number after selection of flight to check itinerary, the Bahasa Melayu version, you'll find phrases like:

"klass pilihan" and "merokok dibernakan"....... oh, yeah, ada KLASSS!...

Whilst, these "mistakes" do not necessarily impact the revenue generating capability of the site, it does reflect badly on MH. It show a very amateurish effort on their part. It looks like the translation is the work of mat salleh con"slut"ants. MH seem to think locals are not up to the mark.

I am more concerned with the general unfriendlines of the new booking engine. There are more steps than the others airlines and it is very badly presented. It is very confusing and some simple basic techniques are not applied. Simple rules like font size, use of colors, mouse overs and click buttons. It seems that the developers have no clue to the Customers needs and wants and behaviour. This can only come from a group of people who have never done such work or have done what they perceive is what the Customer wants. (oops this is also tru of MH as awhole isn't it).

I am also concerned with the inability of MH to fix the booking engine. I heard from the call center agent that she had to call hundreds of Customers complete their online bookings that has failed to be ticketed. So it looks like an online booking but in reality it is an offline system.

I think this and the missing sectors has resulted in not only current loss of earnings but also loss of future earnings resulting from Customer loss of confidence.

Edited by Tim Lee

Whilst, these "mistakes" do not necessarily impact the revenue generating capability of the site, .....

I think this and the missing sectors has resulted in not only current loss of earnings but also loss of future earnings resulting from Customer loss of confidence.

Two very contradicting statements in same reply, no ? :)

Anyway, I will again refer to Imran's post#61 above - I'm convinced ! :)

Two very contradicting statements in same reply, no ? :)

Anyway, I will again refer to Imran's post#61 above - I'm convinced ! :)

I think he was refering to two different type of mistakes, the first being the spelling errors, and secondly, the inability to book online tickets to some major destinations.

so...my mates and I decided to book our flight tickets today for our trip to KL in june.

we actually contemplated flying MH due to the timings...and it was apparently somewhat cheaper (offering some online fare?)

so i log on...4 credit cards in hand..ready to book...

LO AND BEHOLD...no 'United Arab Emirates' nor 'Dubai' listed in the drop down menu.

so in 5 minutes..MH just lost close to 30'000 ringgit worth of business.

(We decided to fly EK ;) )

So you've decided to be good to yourself..by flying emirates...whilst MH is languishing by being bad to itself. As an indirect shareholder of MH, it is painful to see that the "enhanced" booking engine does not allow one to purchase tickets to DXB, BOM, PVG - key business cities in Asia - when the earlier engine allowed it. And MH said that it wanted to focus on Asian routes....I don't think the decision-makers are suffering from a bout of "stupidititis" or "syphilis of the brain", but why create a barrier to more revenue generation. Is there a sane reason behind this?

I once had a bizarre interaction with an MH ticketing lady, who had a "blonde moment": she refused to accept my purchase of a seat at normal child-fare just because the passenger was of an infant-age. This was despite my insistence that I am more than willing to pay for a seat, and was quite aware that I wasn't paying an infant fare. Is turning away revenue a corporate culture?

I think he was refering to two different type of mistakes, the first being the spelling errors, and secondly, the inability to book online tickets to some major destinations.

Point taken !

Can Tim Lee please confirm that is what you meant ?

More grammatical errors

"Harga yang dipaparkan adalah tambang paling murah yang berada mengikut penerbangan keluar yang dipilih."

"Tambang terhad kepada segmen penerbangan" ... any sense to this?

Sigh! Any regulatory body to monitor such abuse to the Bahasa Melayu?

the quality of Malay leaves a lot to be desired.

'syphilis of the brain' used to be called 'general paralysis of the insane' ... now its a more politically correct 'neurosyphilis'.

really...with the combination of shitty ground staff, lack of local offices, rubbish bookings engine, dubious routes and frequencies on top of el-cheapo inflight services, I cannot see how they can make any money. Hell, as Imran said, they just lost RM30K in five minutes.

This is not a joke anymore, especially when they need to be bailed out by us (indirectly, of course)

Edited by Izanee

Point taken !

Can Tim Lee please confirm that is what you meant ?

Yes the "mistakes" are the translation errors.

The others are inexcusable blunders.

Did anyone face any trouble with the booking system today? I had 2 failed transactions. Both went kapot right after I entered my credit card details, security code and such. What happened?

maybe that's what IJ meant about making money from internet bookings. once you book and put your card number, it takes your money and then doesn't give you a ticket! senang saja...kenapa nak susah susah bikin premier class or sky bed.

hahaha..only joking azizul. hope that they didn't charge you.

Happened to me once but SCreamyx was to blame in my case, not due to poorly designed booking system. I immediately rang MAS just to double check that my card was not being charged.

I still couldn't purchase a ticket from MH's website. I tried using MH's computer terminals in MH's ticketing ticketing offices in KCH (Kuching International Airport) and KL Sentral on top of different laptops (mine, my sister's) but all failed. Has anyone managed to purchase any MH ticket online this 2 days?

I paid a visit to the Enrich Customer Service Center in MAS Building in Jalan Sultan Ismail today and I curiously asked about the matter to the Enrich Customer Relation Officer who attended me. Although wasn't unsure, she informed me that MH is busy 'upgrading' the present booking system, adding up missing destinations and a 'whole new' online booking system will be revealed by 5 pm today (7 March 2008). She mentioned about some 'cut off time' many times.

However, as at this very second, the information proved incorrect.

The same thing happens to my friend. She just bought a return online ticket from the website. The thing is she got the e ticket confirmation, but she still doesn't see the transaction in her account although the purchase was 2 weeks ago. Kinda make her worry on the ticket status.

Hope everything will resolve perfectly after the upgrade to the whole new system. No more mess ya MH? :mellow:

Oh dear. That mean there is a possibility she could fly for free. Since the booking is made and she got her eticket but her account is not charged.

Is MH trying to counter AK with a new "fly for free (in secret)" promotion?

It seems that things have gone from bad to worse with the website.

A message is posted on the main page that domestic booking is not available from 11am Saturday 8th March. I was waiting for a fix cos I needed to travel next week. I tried and did managed to get to the first step only to find that there is only the highest fares. All lower fares are sold out for as far I tried into teh future. I went to Air Asia instead.

The attempted fix the earlier problems seems to make add more problems.

This must be a very expensive experiment by the MH team.

The website has recovered when I checked on it last night. However, I don't see any improvement to the booking system at all. What was upgraded is the Enrich Online, which surprisingly a BIG improvement.

The website has recovered when I checked on it last night. However, I don't see any improvement to the booking system at all. What was upgraded is the Enrich Online, which surprisingly a BIG improvement.

The booking engine is now showing the availability of the lower fares.

But the earlier missing destinations are still not there.

I heard the booking failures are stll happening.

Tried to check the new enrich online but was unable to login. Called the call center. Gave up after 10 minutes of listening to the piped music.

I was told by enrich staff that this is new enrich outsourced call center that is expected to bring about a huge improvement.

Go figure

Edited by Tim Lee

Sign in to follow this