MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Just realised that the name tag on FAs is now finally on left side of chest in the pictures, including homepage. MH IT listening to mwings? But from memory, the pix did not appear as it if had been reversed, so maybe it was photoshopped with just a switch of position of name tag. Can anyone recall?

Edited by V Wong

Why is it so difficult to check-in online on MH's website? Been trying to check-in the whole morning, the boarding pass page wont load for me to print!

Just after I made this post, now I manage to print all 10 passengers' Boarding Pass! What's the deal! Hahaha!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

She is the same girl on MH first BKI-PER.

MH seems to use the same FA over and over again.

165508_495454619711_52798899711_5823165_8349868_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=495454619711&set=a.495454479711.277599.52798899711

splash_03.jpg

Haha agreed it was photoshopped, the direction of her sanggul in one pic was left and on the other, right.Unless the FA changes the side of the parting of her sanggul... which is unusual for most people.

Some notice announcement on MAS website by today.

Notice

Dear Valued Customers,

The direct debit payment option will be temporarily unavailable on our Internet Booking Engine, Get-the-Deal and MASwings websites for upgrading and maintenance work from 13 April 2011. However, you may still make payments online via credit, debit or charge card.

If you need further assistance, please call our 24-hour Call Centre at 1 300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia).

We apologise for the inconvenience and will keep you updated on further changes.

I find SIA's new website pretty annoying and slow... their old site is so much better and faster. Why couldn't tthey just tweak it and give it a subtle new look, such as new banners and etc., instead of a "big bang" brand new wwebsite.

yeah. had a number of searches bounce back to 'book' page and then of course its really slow. Got my tix now tho, after the uptenth time of trying.

go to www.sqtalk.com to get further insight on this new website. In comparison, it makes the resistant bugs in the MH website appear like nothing important at all

Today, I booked PEN - SZB in FY but codeshared on MH as I wanted to collect Enrich miles.

After booking was sucessfull (which seriously took longer than the time I take to book a ticket on MI or CX), I tried to perform OLCI on MH website.

Was unsucessful for all 3 options I selected. I called MH (mind you the toll free number 1-300 wasn't avaliable from where I called which was in Penang, I had to waste money to call the 24hrs 03 line) and asked them for the reason.

They told me since I book a codeshared flight on MH, thus I cannot perform OLCI. I was suprised as I assume since FY and MH are abang-adik, they should have some kind of system which allows ppl to perform OLCI even when purchasing ticket on codeshared flights.

Has anyone faced this problem....I think this is ridiculous mad.gif .

1-300 number not available in Penang? Why not, Raymond?

Sanjay...Have no idea....maybe i was calling from my cellphone n this number is not valid.....I tried again late last nite...1-300 still not avaliable in my area...

There seems to have been a change in the website front end this year.

They won't let you complete your booking without a "valid" telephone number. Unfortunately, the assumption is that you are in Malaysia....

So valid foregin numbers are rejected, unless you use the Malaysian international access code prefix of "00". Better still, an international dialing prefix isn't part of the telephone number.

So if you need to enter a foreign number, use the Malaysian 00 prefix, followed by country code, area code and number, without leading zeros. It doesn't care if you split the country code over the two boxes either.

The previous website front end accepted the conventional "+" sign to represent the international dialing prefix, which changes not only from country to country, but also from telephone service to telephone service.

Try to explain that to MAS customer service and see how far you get...

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Paul Saccani

The previous website front end accepted the conventional "+" sign to represent the international dialing prefix, which changes not only from country to country, but also from telephone service to telephone service.

Try to explain that to MAS customer service and see how far you get...

Five star rated airlines have more important matters to attend to

Heck, the friendliness of that front line army shines through so strongly, MH guests will likely be so blinded they will not notice miniscule details like an international dialing prefix :D

Sign in to follow this