MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Been reading this thread with much intrigue, and well.... I had to give it a go.

Agree with you on the www.malaysiaairlines.com/au - Maintenance page - highly irritating & still appears.

Agree with you that the "Country" pages should work. In fact tried navigating from the MY page to the AU page - the dropdown menu top-right of the screen is a travesty.

However, try navigating to the HQ page - You can make a boooking there and in AUD - Did a dummy booking from SYD-KUL-CDG-KUL-CDG 07Mar2011/15Mar11 and the all in fare was AUD1,930 for Y.

Seemed to work all the way, didn't pay of course.

Alternatively: www.singaporeair.com :) :)

B77W to SIN/A380 Upper deck to CDG - IFE system is good/comfort is good/food quality and portions are reasonable :)

Been reading this thread with much intrigue, and well.... I had to give it a go.

Agree with you on the www.malaysiaairlines.com/au - Maintenance page - highly irritating & still appears.

Agree with you that the "Country" pages should work. In fact tried navigating from the MY page to the AU page - the dropdown menu top-right of the screen is a travesty.

However, try navigating to the HQ page - You can make a boooking there and in AUD - Did a dummy booking from SYD-KUL-CDG-KUL-CDG 07Mar2011/15Mar11 and the all in fare was AUD1,930 for Y.

Seemed to work all the way, didn't pay of course.

Alternatively: www.singaporeair.com :) :)

B77W to SIN/A380 Upper deck to CDG - IFE system is good/comfort is good/food quality and portions are reasonable :)

Actually it still doesn't work for those from Australia even if you use HQ page.

Each time you do a search, it will go back to the main page.

It seems like MH's attempt to shut out Australian customers. It's going beyond ridiculous now.

For the SQ "sliding seats", did you mean the seats do recline like normal seats but when they recline, the bottom cushion will slide forward? TG's 777-200ER are equipped with such seats.

Yes, those are the ones. <_>

Hope MH will consider your preference on ‘old fashion’ cushion before choosing seats for A380 and A33E.

I'm sure the new planes won't have those nice old-fashioned cushions anymore but, as long as there is padding, I'll be happy. Leather with reasonable padding/cushion would be perfect. The seats on SQ have very little cushioning. They're hard and very uncomfortable!

Hope MH will consider your preference on 'old fashion' cushion before choosing seats for A380 and A33E.

I like the old fasioned seats too, as long as they are well maintained and not worn out. They don't look as sleak as the new ones but they are much more comfortable. I also find those 'new generation' slimline seats on EK/SQ A380's a little hard.

Edited by H C Chai

Josh T, your loyalty is admirable. MH staff in AU should contact you personally to book your flights.

Why, thank you. :p And, yes, I believe they should contact me personally! ;) What I would prefer is an upgrade of my elite status to gold as a gesture of good will. I was so annoyed when I realised I fell short of gold by 1600 miles last year! <_>

I like the old fasioned seats too, as long as they are well maintained and not worn out. They don't look as sleak as the new ones but they are much more comfortable. I also find those 'new generation' slimline seats on EK/SQ A380's a little hard.

I wouldn't mind slimline seats as long as they're comfortable and have enough padding, especially on long flights. The 8 hour flight between SYD and SIN on SQ last year almost killed me.

Actually it still doesn't work for those from Australia even if you use HQ page.

Each time you do a search, it will go back to the main page.

It seems like MH's attempt to shut out Australian customers. It's going beyond ridiculous now.

Exactly! It is very annoying!! I can't believe this is still going on after almost 3 weeks!!!!!! :help:

20110130020.jpg

Find TG recline and slide seat is ergonomically designed and provide more support than non-reclining.

Edited by KK Lee

At least the TG seats look like they have some decent padding even if they're slimline, which is more than I can say for SQ's seats! <_>

MH's answer about the Australian booking engine fiasco.

MH Deals by Malaysia Airlines

包包 - we're trying to get it online hopefully within this week

2 minutes ago

News on The Star. But the website is still not working!

MAS launches revamped one-stop travel website

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) has revamped its website to provide a one-stop travel site that offers more than just online flight booking.

MAS Commercial Strategy Executive Vice President Dr Amin Khan said this was part of the airlines’ continuous efforts to create a close relationship between its customers and the brand.

He added that passengers were now showing an increasing willingness to use self-service options.

“This is like a retail outlet for our customers that provides a virtual customer assistant to help them plan their travel journey.

“This includes planning your travel at your convenience, giving you a destination guide for travel ideas and helping you complete your travel journey with other related services including hotel booking and car rental,” he told reporters during a presentation at the launch of the revamped MAS website at KL Sentral here yesterday.

The clearer and simplified navigational website, he said, also offered holiday packages and airport transfers using the KLIA express.

Dr Amin said MAS expects a growth in revenue by 70% with the redesigned website.

When asked if MAS’ mobile-version website would follow suit, he said there was a good chance it would be revamped too.

MAS also launched its Malaysia Airline Travel Fair (MATF) that started yesterday and will end on Feb 28.

More details on the fair can be obtained at www.malaysiaairlines.com.

News on The Star. But the website is still not working!

tried just now, and i gave up. no need fancy2 website, just a functional minimalist one.

growth of 70% revenue.... haha this guy really knows how to joke. This spinmaster had previously spewed long tales regarding MH and is in his elements again...

growth of 70% revenue.... haha this guy really knows how to joke. This spinmaster had previously spewed long tales regarding MH and is in his elements again...

I can't even perform a search ! That is just so pathetic !

It's already Friday, the website is still far from up and running.

Actually I got an info from an acquaintance from BNE. The website's down not because of a technical problem, but it's down because of a flap with the Aussie consumer watchdog. Something about how the fare is displayed or something.

Thats right. Some regulatory issues has surfaced, but details are unknown. That's the reason why the those in Australia have been unable to make bookings.

Edited by Sanjay Thaker

They did not do their homework - all these requirements for content presentation should be done BEFORE the web site is designed, not after it has gone live! Looks like quite a few people did not do their jobs diligently! :(

Has anyone tried MHbuddy- an app for Facebook? Am planning to balik kampung for hari raya, but since their website is still doing a facelift, I'll probably try SQ or D7.

Consumer watchdog warns airlines over advertised prices

AVIATION: Airlines have been warned to expect strong action on advertising breaches after the consumer watchdog found eight carriers had failed to include all fees and taxes in air fares carried on websites.

Jetstar, Tiger, Etihad, Malaysia Airlines, American Airlines, AirAsia X, LAN and Air New Zealand improved their websites in response to concerns of the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.

The ACCC said a compliance review had found the airlines were in breach of legislation requiring companies that use a partial price in advertising to also prominently display a total price.

"All airlines carrying on a business in Australia must advertise airfares that include all applicable fees and taxes," ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said.

"The ACCC will not tolerate further non-compliance. These pricing requirements have been in place since May 25, 2009.

"Non-compliance is likely to attract strong enforcement action to stop similar conduct in the future."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/consumer-watchdog-warns-airlines-over-advertised-prices/story-e6frg8zx-1226016138859

Malaysia Airlines AU website is back, with some minor alterations. Check it out guys.

I have. Finally! I don't quite like the new booking system. You can't choose higher fare flights anymore and any search for a flight will simply give you the cheapest fare (MHLow). I'm usually looking for MHBasic or above. :angry:

Consumer watchdog warns airlines over advertised prices

AVIATION: Airlines have been warned to expect strong action on advertising breaches after the consumer watchdog found eight carriers had failed to include all fees and taxes in air fares carried on websites.

Jetstar, Tiger, Etihad, Malaysia Airlines, American Airlines, AirAsia X, LAN and Air New Zealand improved their websites in response to concerns of the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission.

The ACCC said a compliance review had found the airlines were in breach of legislation requiring companies that use a partial price in advertising to also prominently display a total price.

"All airlines carrying on a business in Australia must advertise airfares that include all applicable fees and taxes," ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said.

"The ACCC will not tolerate further non-compliance. These pricing requirements have been in place since May 25, 2009.

"Non-compliance is likely to attract strong enforcement action to stop similar conduct in the future."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/consumer-watchdog-warns-airlines-over-advertised-prices/story-e6frg8zx-1226016138859

I don't know why MH was included in that. Their advertised fares in Asutralia have been including the taxes and surcharges for quite a while now. Sometimes, the fare you end up paying is a little bit less than the advertised fare!

MH has loosen up a bit. Love the sense of humour LOL.

MH Deals by Malaysia Airlines

Oops... we did it again! Our booking engine currently down due to technical glitch - will be back soon.

5 minutes ago

Sign in to follow this