MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

During check-in, can one check his/her luggage through to the final destination if using MH and a codeshare carrier?

Apparently, we can now book flight to Mauritius from MH's website.

MHNew1.jpg

And so does to Durban and Port Elizabeth.

MHNew2.jpg

All these are MH's codeshare flights with Air Mauritius and South African Airlines.

But one thing struck me. Riyadh which was announced recently has yet to be included in the booking engine. Too bad, service is commencing on 17 December 2010. That's 2 months away people!

Check out MH's new booking system. https://book.malaysi...nes.com/itd/itd

To be honest I am a little disappointed with the 'new' booking system, and I still don't understand why the stopover option is only offered to those travelling between Europe and Australasia. So if I am doing LHR-KUL-DPS, I can't make a stopover in KUL using MH booking system, even the fare rules allow stopover FOC both ways.

Lets hope there is another upgrade coming up soon....! smile.gif

Nitpicking the dropdown list of bookable destinations:

Belfast, Ireland

Gardermoen Oslo, Norway

Macau, null

Riyadh, UAE

Seoul, Korea AND Seoul, South Korea

If anyone from MH reading this, go fix it.

I'm not sure but this is new to me

http://ccf-malaysiaairlines.com

Something like book the cook on SQ!

Choose from a total of 45 sumptuous gourmet dishes. We have 4 destinations: Kuala Lumpur,

Sydney, London & Amsterdam - with each serving a different menu. Caviar will be made available upon request.

Caviar!

Edited by Walter Sim

I'm not sure but this is new to me

http://ccf-malaysiaairlines.com

Something like book the cook on SQ!

Caviar!

Wowwy, this is very nice! Now this is more like a First Class service on a 5 star airline. Re the caviar, I remember it is already in the normal First Class menu.

36976_1367306176210_1038342624_30852342_1213244_n.jpg

The photo is stolen from Capt. Radzi's wife album in Facebook. It was served during lunch on flight MH 4 KUL-LHR on the First Class on 1 December 2009. Incidentally, I also flew to LHR on the First Class of flight MH 2 on 2 December 2009 (just a day difference) but there was no caviar on the menu of my flight.

Hey, take a look at MH's COC menu. This is MH's version of a very famous dish from SQ's BTC - Lobster Thermidore.

ccf005a.jpg

Crikey! The MH website is still not fully functional! I can't believe their website upgrade is taking so long! And why choose to do it over Chinese New Year???! :blink:

The new website is still full of bugs! You can't even do a one way booking on the main page without manipulating the unused return date. Book a business class fare and u get shown the fare rules of economy. And many more. Whose idea is it to go live with a half baked website with shoddy quality work?

It does hint on the work culture at MH...

The new website is still full of bugs! You can't even do a one way booking on the main page without manipulating the unused return date. Book a business class fare and u get shown the fare rules of economy. And many more. Whose idea is it to go live with a half baked website with shoddy quality work?

It does hint on the work culture at MH...

It's a good reflection of how bad the IT department is at MAS. Stuff like this results in lost revenue! You'd never see this kind of incompetence from the IT department at Qantas or Singapore Airlines! :nea:

Caviar!

Yeah. Let's help accelerate the extinction of the sturgeons.

Another thing, when you do "Manage my booking", it's a circular loop that you follow from Home > Manage My Booking > View services available > Log in now. Instead it opens another window right at the start of the MH page (i.e. splash / index page).

It's a road to nowhere! It's meant to go to https://book.malaysiaairlines.com/itd/itd/lang/en/reservations but it somehow goes somewhere else totally.

This is an important bit of functionality, as with the SITA system, there is no alternative portal that I know of that passengers can check their PNR details; unlike all the other major vendors (viz. Amadeus, Sabre etc.), they usually have an easy portal so you can make sure your details are all correct.

And who the heck wrote that rude reply re the website "being checked by bored w**kers" if that was MH? Have all the PR and IT people also gone on CNY leave, or taken leave of their senses? Travellers should be encouraged to use the self-check in facilities where possible.

I've also read that when booking via this website, you can't opt out of MH Insurance - is that true?

Edited by Lemuel Tay

I've also read that when booking via this website, you can't opt out of MH Insurance - is that true?

Yes. You still can opt out of MH Insurance.

I'm just gob-smacked that the MH website is still not up and running properly after about 4 days! :o

I'm just gob-smacked that the MH website is still not up and running properly after about 4 days! :o

The folks who could work on it are probably on holiday given the CNY - thanks to the wisdom of MH management to launch the new site just before a long holiday.

With proven competence, you think there will come a day when one gets redirected to SQ's or CX's or TG's booking engines upon hitting the 'book a flight' button on MH's site ? :p

Their nip and tuck turn out to be a major process of disfigurement. And they choose this CNY holiday time to show the world what such fool they are..

Bet after all these hassles, it will just be some superficial cosmetic changes with no real improvement..

Day 5. Website still not working properly! <_>

I wonder how long this will actually take. Could we see the site not working for over a week??? The IT department at MAS is clearly the weakest link. :angry:

Day 5. Website still not working properly! <_>

I wonder how long this will actually take. Could we see the site not working for over a week??? The IT department at MAS is clearly the weakest link. :angry:

To be honest, I think website design & application are done by a third party. But of all the dates they can choose to launch the revamped website, why did they choose the CNY weekend?!

Sign in to follow this