MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Recently MH included several of its codeshare destinations into the booking engine. We can now book flights to Brussels, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Dublin, Belfast, Oslo, Sandefjord-oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester from MH's website. These are all codeshare flights with KLM and bmi.

I hope the remaining codeshare destinations - Abu Dhabi, Athens, Bahrain, Barcelona, Cairo, Doha, Durban, Fukuoka, Kristiansand, Kuwait, Madrid, Mauritius, Muscat, Port Elizabeth and Tashkent, will be included in the booking engine too asap. Why delay something that would bringing in more cash into the company's coffer?

Recently MH included several of its codeshare destinations into the booking engine. We can now book flights to Brussels, Copenhagen, Helsinki, Dublin, Belfast, Oslo, Sandefjord-oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester from MH's website. These are all codeshare flights with KLM and bmi.

I hope the remaining codeshare destinations - Abu Dhabi, Athens, Bahrain, Barcelona, Cairo, Doha, Durban, Fukuoka, Kristiansand, Kuwait, Madrid, Mauritius, Muscat, Port Elizabeth and Tashkent, will be included in the booking engine too asap. Why delay something that would bringing in more cash into the company's coffer?

Vienna would be good as well *sigh*

And finally the official announcement comes out. I wonder why does it took such a long time to be communicated to the masses?

Malaysia Airlines Offers Online Booking For Nine European Destinations

April 02, 2010 12:06 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, April 2 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) now offers easier online booking for customers to/or from nine cities in Europe.

Customers arriving or departing Stockholm, Gothenburg (Sweden), Oslo, Sandefjord-Olso, Bergen, Stavanger, Brussels (Belgium), Copenhagen (Denmark) and Helsinki (Finland), can now book and purchase their tickets online.

Malaysia Airlines said it already served these routes through a partnership with KLM Royal Dutch Airline (KLM) but previously, these tickets could only be purchased at MAS ticketing offices or travel agents.

"Travelling with Malaysia Airlines to Europe is even easier now that customers can book the code-share tickets online," said its Senior General Manager, Network and Revenue Management, Dr Amin Khan in a statement Friday.

Malaysia Airlines said it would soon make available online the European and Japanese destinations that the airline is partnering with Alitalia and All Nippon Airways.

"This is also in line with our hub-and-spoke strategy to improve feeder traffic into our trunk routes. This partnership will further enhance our earnings," he said.

Malaysia Airlines offers daily flights from Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam, KLM connects to Brussels 21 times weekly.

It also connects to Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Stavanger 14 times weekly and to Oslo, Sandefjord-Olso and Bergen, seven times a week.

-- BERNAMA

It was mentioned there that next they are going to put the code share destinations for Alitalia and ANA. So, we could expect Madrid, Barcelona, Munich, Geneva, Athens, Fukuoka and Nagoya to be incorporated into the booking engine. Hurry up MH!

There's been a problem with the MH website booking engine for about 2 weeks now and I can't believe the IT department hasn't fixed it yet!! When you log in with your username, you can't put in the names of additional passengers and you can't put in your own relevant details to continue with the booking! There's no problem when you continue the booking as a guest and you manually put in all your details.

Anybody else been having the same problem?

Hi Josh,

Are u login for username in normal booking site here : http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/home.aspx

or Get-The-Deal screen site here : http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/dest/offers/get-the-deal/signup.aspx

I had problem during make a payment on last 2 weeks (login as Get-The-Deal), but after i'm tried to make a payment on the next day it's succesfull.

Hi Josh,

Are u login for username in normal booking site here : http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/home.aspx

or Get-The-Deal screen site here : http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en/dest/offers/get-the-deal/signup.aspx

I had problem during make a payment on last 2 weeks (login as Get-The-Deal), but after i'm tried to make a payment on the next day it's succesfull.

I'm logging into the normal booking site with my username. I hope they fix it soon because I need to book some flights in the next few weeks.

Try the online check-in.. i gave up as the calendar function didn't work and you had to press the 'back' button from today (going back one day at a time) to get to relevant date of birth!!

Try the online check-in.. i gave up as the calendar function didn't work and you had to press the 'back' button from today (going back one day at a time) to get to relevant date of birth!!

That one's easy! There's a trick to that calendar function and you can reach your date of birth quickly.

I think I know the trick but I can't remember it right now. Felt stupid at first, once I knew it, no problem at all.

Edited by Johan Z

And one more thing... Why is the Mileage calculator on the Enrich website still not working?! It's been out of action for months!! I have to call to find out how many points I need, which is really annoying... <_>

OT : Been trying to make a booking on Air Asia's website using the On Time Guarantee voucher and it has not been functional since 13th June although the website says upgrading works are scheduled from 15-29 June. When i called up their 'fantastic' call center (which charges RM 1.95/min) i was told that i am making a last minute booking and their server is overloading. The second and third time i called them up, i was told there's nothing wrong with their server. The fourth call got a response of "I'll get a manager to call you in an hour".. and now its been 2 days, nobody has called me.

Total call charges to AK's call center : RM 65

Very disappointing experience with a carrier which shouts World's Best LCC. The call center staff are helpless, dont blame them though because one guy actually told me "Our system is unable to rectify such problems". I think the charges for a call made to an organization's Customer Service Center should be minimal or FOC. It is ridiculous and to a certain extent, irresponsible, to make money out of a customer who has a problem and wants to lodge a complain. But at least now I know why their ancillary income is on the rise year after year.

Edited by Sanjay Thaker

OT : Been trying to make a booking on Air Asia's website using the On Time Guarantee voucher and it has not been functional since 13th June although the website says upgrading works are scheduled from 15-29 June. When i called up their 'fantastic' call center (which charges RM 1.95/min) i was told that i am making a last minute booking and their server is overloading. The second and third time i called them up, i was told there's nothing wrong with their server. The fourth call got a response of "I'll get a manager to call you in an hour".. and now its been 2 days, nobody has called me.

Total call charges to AK's call center : RM 65

Very disappointing experience with a carrier which shouts World's Best LCC. The call center staff are helpless, dont blame them though because one guy actually told me "Our system is unable to rectify such problems". I think the charges for a call made to an organization's Customer Service Center should be minimal or FOC. It is ridiculous and to a certain extent, irresponsible, to make money out of a customer who has a problem and wants to lodge a complain. But at least now I know why their ancillary income is on the rise year after year.

Part of their healthy ancillary income...

Edited by Cheng Long

That's outrageous! I vow never to give Air Asia another cent. Their fares may be cheaper but they are of no help when there's a problem.

I think I know the trick but I can't remember it right now. Felt stupid at first, once I knew it, no problem at all.

Hardly user friendly if one needs to know 'the trick'.. frankly i expect most passengers (like me) just simply give up (pressing the 'back' button).

Poor IT IMO...

I have used MH online services a lot of time. And I find it very user friendly. From booking to check-in. The only one problem I had was my credit card was declined, but a quick visit to MH branch, solved everything. They even retrieved the booking I made.

About the trick, I can really remember what it is, but any competent computer user will learn it instantly. But, I agree, maybe MH should make it easier for older people.

Their website leaves much to be desired.. It's slow.. Trying to create connecting flights is a headache, the website just can't do a lot of connecting flights.. and yes the DOB thing is very annoying.. I don't understand why they haven't fixed these problems after all this while.. Not competitive at all.

But, I agree, maybe MH should make it easier for older people.

I agree! It's pain when I have to check in for my grandma! LOL

That's outrageous! I vow never to give Air Asia another cent. Their fares may be cheaper but they are of no help when there's a problem.

OT: that's why I changed my res BKI-MYY into Maswings i.s.o. AK: AK changed the schedule twice and the last SMS I received was another re-time

for a 29jun10 BKI-MYY flight, which I NEVER booked in the first place !!!

July 5, 2010

Subang – Malaysia Airlines is providing more convenience to its customer by offering online booking to or from 7 different cities in Europe.

Customers departing or arriving Barcelona and Madrid (in Spain); Munich and Frankfurt (in Germany), Brussels (in Belgium), Geneva (in Switzerland) as well as Athens (in Greece) can purchase their tickets online at www.malaysiaairlines.com starting from 11 June 2010.

Malaysia Airlines already serves these cities via Rome through a partnership with Alitalia. The national carrier offers 3 weekly non-stop flights to Rome. However, previously, customers could only purchase the tickets at Malaysia Airlines’ ticketing offices or from travel agents.

Malaysia Airlines Senior General Manager, Commercial Strategy, Dr Amin Khan said, “As a network carrier, we offer greater connectivity around the world. By offering online booking for these destinations, customers can enjoy more convenience and seamless connectivity.

"This completes our offering of online bookings for UK and Europe as customers are already enjoying online booking for code share flights with KLM Royal Dutch Airline and British Midlands. Collectively, we offer our customers 22 code share destinations," he added.

From Rome, Alitalia provides 3 times weekly connectivity to Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, Frankfurt, Brussels, Geneva and Athens.

Malaysia Airlines also offer 5 times weekly non-stop flights between Kuala Lumpur and Frankfurt.

Source: Malaysia Airlines

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, apart from KLM cities (mainly Scandinavia) and Bmi (mainly UK/Ireland), it's Alitalia's turn now for Southern Europe and Germany...

It was mentioned there that next they are going to put the code share destinations for Alitalia and ANA. So, we could expect Madrid, Barcelona, Munich, Geneva, Athens, Fukuoka and Nagoya to be incorporated into the booking engine. Hurry up MH!

So they finally get it done in 3 months after first mentioning about it.

Booking MAS online to Europe

Published: 2010/07/05

http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/2mas04/Article/

MALAYSIA Airlines (MAS) (3786) is offering online booking facility to and from seven cities in Europe.

In a statement yesterday, the national carrier said it was already servicing the Madrid, Munich, Frankfurt, Brussels, Geneva and Athens routes via Rome through a partnership with Alitalia.

Previously, tickets to these destinations could only be bought at MAS' ticketing offices or from travel agents.

If one glance through at MH's booking engine, they already incorporated not only Alitalia's code share destinations, but also ANA's as Nagoya and Fukuoka reappeared once again in it.

So now the remaining code share destinations to be incorporated in the booking engine are Mauritius, Lombok, Bahrain, Doha, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Tashkent, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Muscat, Kuwait City, Changsha, Chengdu, Guilin, Nanning, Wuhan, on top of a score of other destinations which have been served by MH but also served by their code share partners.

MH mentioned that with this effort they have incorporated all KLM, bmi, Alitalia and ANA code share flights into their booking engine, but let us not forget that MH has 24 other code share partners whose flights are not yet incorporated into the booking engine. There are still a lot to be done.

MH mentioned that with this effort they have incorporated all KLM, bmi, Alitalia and ANA code share flights into their booking engine, but let us not forget that MH has 24 other code share partners whose flights are not yet incorporated into the booking engine. There are still a lot to be done.

And pleeeease add Vienna again... We have connections with KLM to Amsterdam, Alitalia to Rome and BMI to london... Currently its more or less impossible to book MH ex VIE...

After MH left VIE and OS left KUL, I am afraid VIE is no longer a destination served even under code share agreement by MH with any of its 28 code share partners.

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

Okay, the fact remains I can't still fly to these places directly on MH. What's the point?

It's still an inconvenient to change aircraft / terminal ( in some cases). Unless the "connecting" fare is attractive and cheap. Will the add on be just RM100 oneway ( all inclusive) to connect to say ZRH / BCN from FCO / AMS? Or will I get double enrich miles for opting such inconveniences?

The issue here is how can this win customers from flying on EK / QR / KL to say MAD / ZRH / BCN via their hubs with greater connectivity ( compared to just 3 flights a week) ?

The only advantage here is direct sales from MH and no real advantage to customers or an attractive package to for us your customers.

Sign in to follow this