MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

..... and the bugs here and there are fixed, before they rush and make it available .....

Well, the fact that you have had an opportunity to view the site and thereon furnished your comments, then it IS available already - no ? :)

Looks great. I just hope they make sure the details are all there, and the bugs here and there are fixed, before they rush and make it available. All the lacking overshadowed the new mainpage and just give people other excuse to hentam them further.

Those in the creative industry will know this is not possible. IIRC, MAS contracted a different company to design their website for them. Quite often in the creative industry, you are given a deadline (often short and time constraint). People strive to make the deadline or suffer the penalty. It is easy to say that all bugs should be fixed before they roll it out, but with pressure from the clients and deadline looming and even if you have done thorough checks, you won't know until it is loaded on the websites.

If you said that MAS' website is not up to standard because they didn't test it. Perhaps you can find a parallel problem with the OS you are currently using.... be it Windows XP, Vista or Mac OS X. Just imagine how many revisions they have made before things are running bug free.... My 2 cents.

Pros : Externally looks better than previous version.

Cons: Try booking you'll realize it uses the same very user unfriendly booking engine. Most of the other pages were from the old website - it is not a total revamp at all, just some dressing in disguise, sad to say. Change of font, jumble the pictures here and there and hey presto it is 'new and improved'. And of course the eternal bug that is Enrich online log in is still malfunctioning. Last time there was a website revamp, I had to request from MH to reset my password before I was able to log in. Just not able to fix the bug again!

And what price did it cost MH to revamp the website? Couldn't MH do better than this lame excuse of re-dressing last night's rice.. A dash of soy sauce, add an egg, you have a new dish - fried rice/nasi goreng. Sigh.... and oh yeah, so that you can charge higher price for the new and improved dish!

Edited by V Wong

Those in the creative industry will know this is not possible. IIRC, MAS contracted a different company to design their website for them. Quite often in the creative industry, you are given a deadline (often short and time constraint). People strive to make the deadline or suffer the penalty. It is easy to say that all bugs should be fixed before they roll it out, but with pressure from the clients and deadline looming and even if you have done thorough checks, you won't know until it is loaded on the websites.

If you said that MAS' website is not up to standard because they didn't test it. Perhaps you can find a parallel problem with the OS you are currently using.... be it Windows XP, Vista or Mac OS X. Just imagine how many revisions they have made before things are running bug free.... My 2 cents.

I see..... was just wondering.

But then again, isn't MAS the client here? So, they are the one who rush things up, aren't they? And missing as much as 21 destinations in the main page, and available in other page is just unacceptable. This is the "here and there bugs" i was referring to.

On the new website, you have to pick country of residence, just like the old. There's an error that hasn't been changed since I've known and can remember the MH website. But I don't know if people have noticed it, but when you choose the country of residence since when was "North America" a country and also I know of Sweden but where abouts is this country MH calls "Nordic Sweden". Doesn't look too professional.

A deleted response from MHost? :)

Re: Worldwide Online Check In from MH's Website

We are aware of the fact and admit it's an oversight on our part and we have since notified our IT people to stop wanking around and display the information in a more prominent area on the website. We apologise for any inconvenience and hoped you nevertheless enjoyed the experience of checking in online.

We purposely put it in an obscure, barely noticeable section of the website, so that people can hardly notice it and only 'wuliao' people with enough time to read every nook and cranny of the page will bother reading about it and then use the online check in service.

Furthermore, it is too expensive to publicise the facility especially in these era of cost cutting, we do not have the budget to spend on it. Besides, our servers can only cope with a tiny amount of online check-ins at any point in time, the moment we have too many people checking in online, the server will be overwhelmed by the sudden surge in traffic and crash thus rendering it incapacitated.

Besides, we love it when we have long queues of people lining up to check in on MH flights at the airports, it shows other airlines that we still have passengers flying with us and have not lost them all to AirAsia and the other legacies.

Final point is, if everyone resorts to checking in online, then the web check bag drop queue will eventually end up being longer than the regular check in queue and would render the purpose of online check in redundant in its purpose of minimising airport queues.

And by the way, you should be glad you have had ample time to find out about the facility and were able to check in online without any drama instead of complaining of the fact that it was not well publicised!

Yours truly,

Malaysia Airlines

Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

:o They really wrote that Azizul ? Or is it a joke ?

It is not a joke. MH passengers throughout the world can now check in online through MH's website! I thought the service is still limited to passengers departing from KUL only.

MHWebCI2.jpg

Well, not exactly 100% destinations since passengers from these destinations can't do it from the respective airports, but still.

MHWebCI.jpg

https://fastcheck.sita.aero/cce-presentatio.../entryUpdate.do

Does anyone aware about this thing?

........ notified our IT people to stop wanking around and display the information in a more prominent area .......

Did someone from that magnificent airline write that?

Yup, checked in online for my flight MH 128 back to KUL a couple of days ago. Works just like any other airlines' online check in facility and you only have to proceed to the bag drop counter at the airport at least 1 hours before to departure.

Has anyone realise that with such changes....Enrich is more expensive now...now fares L, V S, H, Q are no longer entitle for Enrich accrual by virtue of that it falls into low and smart fares.....nothing impressive for me

Has anyone realise that with such changes....Enrich is more expensive now...now fares L, V S, H, Q are no longer entitle for Enrich accrual by virtue of that it falls into low and smart fares.....nothing impressive for me

Actually when they started doing this (no Enrich Miles for L, V class etc.), MAS did write it in the T&C in their website.

Edited by Isaac

Did someone from that magnificent airline write that?

I like the response. So they are telling us that there are a lot of wankers wanking about within MAS. Nice to know, a 5-star response!

It took me a while to figure out what "wuliao" is in the English language, until my Mandarin kicks in a few seconds later, which means "boring".

Edited by S V Choong

If an MH employee has used that language, then you are right, it should be reported and the employee responsible sacked.

Actually when they started doing this (no Enrich Miles for L, V class etc.), MAS did write it in the T&C in their website.

Now even H and Q Fare are not entitle for enrich arruals....nevertheless the call centre, MH Website still not aware of that......

Did they seriously write that? Incredibly stupid if they did. Someone should report it.

If an MH employee has used that language, then you are right, it should be reported and the employee responsible sacked.

Why the hell should he be sacked? He is after all having the balls to actually say what is really happening which is absolutelly true.

Better of then the other moron's who go on about the same thing and thier bullshit.com procedures!

I didn't say sack, but action should be taken. Are you serious? Do you really think one person should jeopardize a company's image?

Even if it is true, should the whole world know?

What kind of company are you running?

I didn't say sack, but action should be taken. Are you serious? Do you really think one person should jeopardize a company's image?

Even if it is true, should the whole world know?

What kind of company are you running?

What image? lol :rofl:

Ofcourse..Why not..What is there to HIDE? People pay money and expect something in return. Good, proper service in this case.

Not wankers sitting on the job and having a wank and then having to be told that something that they "specialize" in is pretty much fucked.

No company just yet but comming soon ;) B)

So you are saying every company in this world is clean and has nothing to hide?

Of course in an ideal world, that is the case but unfortunately the world is not like that.

Even SQ, if I'm not mistaken, they don't even allow their pilots to have their own blogs. Why is that? Especially if they have nothing to hide? Isn't SQ the best airline in the world?

Also, whether you like or acknowledge it or not, MH has a good image. You will only find them having a disastrous image amongst people who are interested in aviation and think that they know everything.

We don't even know whether what was written was true or not, but as usual, MH is getting attacked for no apparent reason..

We don't even know whether what was written was true or not, but as usual, MH is getting attacked for no apparent reason..

Now Now, I am the one who's backing this guy in MH!

Don't get me wrong, I care for MH, I fly with MAS a majority of the time, but it is wankers like as to what was mentioned in the article the one's who are practically bringing them down. SQ is in a complete different league of it's own. They are doing 10 times better then MH, so what's there to worry about them.

..... MH has a good image. You will only find them having a disastrous image amongst people who are interested in aviation and think that they know everything.

Aviation geeks do not hold any exclusive right of disaffection towards our national carrier :D

And situation is not helped in any way by usual reluctance of response to queries and comments - notice how the MH sub-forum has turned all quiet already nowadays

And even in some responses, it starts with an apology for delay since so and so has been busy with other stuff lately - what half past six PR is that ?! :D

Sign in to follow this