MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

maybe these destinations are not capable of handling e-tickets??? im just guessing, but it could be the case.

HKT can handle etickets. Could be a problem on MH's end. Having said that quite a few destinations can't handle etickets yet. IATA can mandate whatever it wants but I'm quite sure paper tickets will still be used after 31MAY.

Edited by Keith T

HKT can handle etickets. Could be a problem on MH's end. Having said that quite a few destinations can't handle etickets yet. IATA can mandate whatever it wants but I'm quite sure paper tickets will still be used after 31MAY.

i meant, handling etickets by MH reservation service in the respective airports...:p

Edited by Azri M.

i meant, handling etickets by MH reservation service, not the airport... thats what i meant

Ah... gotcha now. :)

Is MH cancelling London Gatwick? Why LGW was removed from the online booking system?

Apparently they changed their mind... They silently decide to axe gatwick even before it flies...

According to Airpearl in A.net:

Gatwick flights just got canned. An MH memo to travel agents a couple of days ago blames "operational reasons". I think it's more about poor summer bookings from the UK.

MEMORANDUM

To : All MH Travel Partners.

Ref : RGM2.28 029

Date : 08 April 2008

SUBJ : WITHDRAWAL OF GATWICK (LGW) SERVICES IN NSO8

Kindly be informed that Kuala Lumpur- Gatwick vv operation will be withdrawn effective 22 June 2008 – 18 September 2008 due to operational reason. Malaysia Airlines Nett market fares will be removed in the fare sheet with immediate effect.

MOHD SALLEH AHMAD TABRANI

:sorry:

Today (26 April 2008), finally all destinations can be booked online through MH's website including Dubai. Extremely troublesome to my end, I have a story to share about it but I am still very upset and furious over the matter. Let me cool down first. :angry:

Let me cool down first. :angry:

Fantastic... :good:

cool down...have a cold drink...watch some TV...and then post an unbiased account of what happened :)

Is it just me or anyone else getting the same ?

massite.jpg

Ah, at least it's less intimidating now !

Edited by BC Tam

I encountered this error too a couple of days back but I switched to www.malaysiaairlines.com.my and it was ok.

Ah, at least it's less intimidating now !

massite2.jpg

Sorry, dunno why this didn't attach earlier this morning :pardon:

Good news though, site is back up and running :)

Have you guys seen the new MAS website survey? What do you guys think? I am pasting them here for us to scrutinize:

Section A: Visit Rationale

A1 *For this visit, I am acting on behalf of

Myself

Friends

My family

Work requirements

A2 *How were you directed to the Malaysia Airlines website?

Bookmarked / Entered website address

From non-Malaysia Airlines websites

Yahoo search

From other Malaysia Airlines websites

Other search engines

MSN / Live search

Google search

Other

A3 *Which of the following statements best describes you just before your visit to the Malaysia Airlines website?

I am interested in learning more about Malaysia Airlines

I am considering purchasing a ticket from Malaysia Airlines

I prefer Malaysia Airlines over other brands

I want to purchase a Malaysia Airlines ticket

I have recently purchased a Malaysia Airlines ticket

Other

A4 *Which of the following statements best describes you just after your exit from the Malaysia Airlines website?

I am interested in learning more about Malaysia Airlines

I am considering purchasing a ticket from Malaysia Airlines

I prefer Malaysia Airlines over other brands

I want to purchase a Malaysia Airlines ticket

I have recently purchased a Malaysia Airlines ticket

Other

B Access Success

B1 Please rate your overall satisfaction with the Malaysia Airlines website.

Not at all satisfied

Don't know

Completely satisfied

B2 Please let us know what information you found useful or helpful in your visit.

B3 If you could not find what you needed or you have experienced any difficulty, please describe your difficulty for us.

B4 Assuming you could make any change, what suggestions do you have on improving the website?

B5 *How did your visit today change your opinion of Malaysia Airlines in general?

Greatly Worsened

Don't know

Greatly Improved

B6 *How likely are you to revisit the Malaysia Airlines website?

Very unlikely

Unlikely

Neutral

Likely

Very likely

B7 *How likely are you to recommend the Malaysia Airlines website to someone else?

Very unlikely

Unlikely

Neutral

Likely

Very likely

C Demographics (I am skipping this as they are just normal questions) (2 things in there are about whether you are comfortable about technology and whether are you interested in technology).

What do you guys think, I felt that Section A is very positive in nature, and not neutral. Share what you guys put in the Section B as well. It's good that at least they try to value online users like us.

Edited by Azri M.

Wow MH! Surprise, surprise! Browsing through it now. I think the layout resembles Emirates' website.

MHNew.jpg

Emirates.jpg

The only difference that I see is that MH's booking engine is on the left, while Emirates' booking engine is on the right. And the red/orange background behind the smiling cabin crew can change colour to green and purple. Wow...!

HOWEVER,

The dropdown menu in the beautiful new booking engine is missing with 21 destinations (old problem encounters again). There's no Bandar Seri Begawan, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Kunming, Xiamen, Shanghai, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Yogyakarta, Beirut, Macau, Male, Yangon, Karachi, Jeddah, Colombo, Istanbul, Phuket, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. London Gatwick, which was cancelled is there!

Upon further clicking, when you have been directed to the other booking page, which looks like this...

BookingMH.jpg

... all the missing destinations are listed in the dropdown menu there, and London Gatwick is nowhere to be find, which is true. So make sure you make your booking from this booking page, not the main pretty one. MH please fix this ASAP!

Other than that, no other comment, yet.

The smile on the MAS stewardess' face is an enigma. Looks more like a laugh. What is she laughing about? Hmm.... !

I think Emirates and the Singapore Girls' smiles in SQ's advertisments are more refined.

I tot hving steward/s laugh are be much more attractive, laughing out of nowhere is just freaky, may be with couple of people is understandable, by herself?! haha joke on her :pardon:

MAS' website appears to be more visually pleasing than her immediate competitor - SQ (yuckky and tired grey) and CX (overdose of green).

I like the new look of the website. It is a huge improvement compared to what it was before.

On the whole, it's very nice, business-oriented and to the point. MH just needs to update the details, like there's no mention of the new "Regional" lounge at KUL. Also, is the lounge at FRA closed now?

Also, the Enrich online "appears" to be missing on the main "Loyalty" page - it is hidden within the new sign-ups page - this has to be rectified, and does not appear to work...yet (perhaps).

Edited by Mushrif A

Upon browsing the different cabin classes in the website, I stumble upon BUSINESS CLASS. Have MAS changed the name Golden Club class into just the BUSINESS CLASS???? This is following SQ where it changes the name Raffles class to just Business Class.

Looks great. I just hope they make sure the details are all there, and the bugs here and there are fixed, before they rush and make it available. All the lacking overshadowed the new mainpage and just give people other excuse to hentam them further. I believe the booking page is still the same, right? Cant they just revamp the whole site, or are they going to 'upgrade' the look gradually. (heck, i dont know if the terms i use are correct or not. not an IT guy).

But at least there's improvement. So, good job. Yay...... :drinks:

Sign in to follow this