MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Still no 'United Arab Emirates" or "Dubai"

nice job... <_>

Same here, could not login the new Enrich online website despite using correct password. Following the prompt, attempted to reconfirm password. However, this resulted in system not recognizing e-mail address. Never encountered such inefficient and user unfriendly website! Who is in charge of the design of the website? At what price???

Michael,

Can you kindly bring this hiccup to Datuk IJ's (sorry, Idris to you) attention ?

Please let us have feedback when available

MissingNotice.jpg

For the MATTA Fair, MH has managed to incorporate 11 of the 24 missing destinations into their booking system. What left now are 13 destinations which are; Bandar Seri Begawan, Beirut, Dubai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hyderabad, Istanbul, Karachi, Macau, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Siem Reap and Yangon. Still unsatisfactory though.

For the MATTA Fair, MH has managed to incorporate 11 of the 24 missing destinations into their booking system. What left now are 13 destinations which are; Bandar Seri Begawan, Beirut, Dubai, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hyderabad, Istanbul, Karachi, Macau, Phnom Penh, Phuket, Siem Reap and Yangon. Still unsatisfactory though.

Great but I wonder how much of MH revenue was lost from these missing sectors since the change-over.

There used to be a calendar feature showing the departing and returning availability of the promotional fares. I thought this was a very useful Customer friendly feature when searching for the promotional fares. This is also now a standard feature with our client's booking engine and some other airlines.

This is missing in the new MH booking engine. Given the terms and conditions, finding the promotional fare combination is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

I got a call from my travel agent before the MATTA Fair offering SQ fares which is lower than MH. As it turns out, many other airlines are offering better fares at the MATTA fair. My friends are also saying that the travel agents are pushing other airlines, probably because of commissions.

This and the above reduces the attractiveness of the self-booking. Online booking for the MATTA fares would be reduced to some sectors of the public that hates crowds.

Edited by Tim Lee

Guest Michael

So eventually from Aussie it should be available then. Does anybody know if the noise cancelling headsets have returned to business class yet?

Does anybody know if the noise cancelling headsets have returned to business class yet?

From what I gather, no. I did think it might be a good idea if you brought this to Datuk IJ's attention (whoops, apologies again - Idris to you apparently) what with MAS' competitors now offering this feature in their inflight service. Could you possibly oblige ?

Thanks ! :drinks:

Guest Michael

yeh ok when I see who I want to see at MAS Complex B I will pass that message on next week.

Well, absolutely "hey" - yeh ?! :)

Would it be fair to assume your visit to Subang Complex B finally swayed Idris (or whichever MH big wig decision maker) to finally announce the 738 and 380 decisions ?

Did you manage to discuss on noise cancelling headsets and snek-boks issues ? Care to share ?

Can someone, anyone here (especially those bigshot MW members from MH) find out for certain when Dubai will be included in the booking system? How many months more do we have to bear this non online booking procedure for the remaining 13 destinations? :angry:

Can someone, anyone here (especially those bigshot MW members from MH) find out for certain when Dubai will be included in the booking system? How many months more do we have to bear this non online booking procedure for the remaining 13 destinations? :angry:

Thus the term "unlucky 13" :drinks:

Well, absolutely "hey" - yeh ?! :)

Would it be fair to assume your visit to Subang Complex B finally swayed Idris (or whichever MH big wig decision maker) to finally announce the 738 and 380 decisions ?

Did you manage to discuss on noise cancelling headsets and snek-boks issues ? Care to share ?

Please lah... I think it is safe to assume by now that he wasn't there at all. He was busy trying to save the crisis caused by the rise in blueberry prices. Alamak... how to make blueberry muffins like that?

Anyway it has been a almost a month since this issue (webpage, not muffins) was raised. Any idea if MAS has managed to solve the website snags yet?

Any idea if MAS has managed to solve the website snags yet?

Still no Dubai...

M.A.R,

Just treat yourself to a smile, and fly Emirates. At least we have all our destinations on the website :p

or

Treat yourself to a WIDER smile...and fly Etihad in Diamond. Absolutely fantastic!

Please lah... I think it is safe to assume by now that he wasn't there at all .....

But, Michael .......... he promised :angel:

:crazy:

hahahaha...you guys give me a good chuckle now and again! Apparently IJ&Co are NOT running the airline .... it is MICHAEL! when are you gonna announce your choice of WB's???

MAS' website is a frigging disgrace. Come on la. How to get bonus if you work like that...

MH website is not compatible with Opera 9 browser, can’t even access time table online. :angry: :sorry:

Opera 9 work fine with AK, SQ and TG websites. :pardon:

:drinks:

i try to check the ticket price form KUL to Phuket on MH website...

but no option to select 'Phuket' in option list? why? did MH was terminated this route?

Edited by M. Sofian H.

i try to check the ticket price form KUL to Phuket on MH website...

but no option to select 'Phuket' in option list? why? did MH was terminated this route?

No lah... Remember the technical glitches during the website 'upgrade' not long ago? Phuket was one of the 13 (IIRC) unlucky destinations for which online bookings were unavailable.

Apparently now the figure has gone down to 8... and unfortunately enough Sofian, Phuket is still on the list.

On MH website, if you click on the IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ONLINE BOOKING in the flight booking section, you will find this:

Important Notice

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to inform you that our online booking facility upgrade on Thursday, 14th February 2008 was completed successfully.

However, please note that online bookings will be temporarily unavailable for these cities:

Bandar Seri Begawan, Beirut, Dubai, Hyderabad, Istanbul, Karachi, Macau and Phuket.

Also, if you have been a registered user prior to 14th February 2008, kindly note that you need to renew your existing login/profile to enjoy the new, upgraded services. To do so, simply register again.

Thank you for your continued patronage and patience.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Using Sabre I can also confirm that KUL-HKT is alive and well...:)

Edited by Keith T

Can’t understand why the known missing destinations are not added to the system after many weeks? Can’t be limit by file, record, field, memory size, or the search engine can only compute a limited destination. May be the software supplier is asking for variation order before adding these ‘extra’ to the system.

Can’t understand why the known missing destinations are not added to the system after many weeks? Can’t be limit by file, record, field, memory size, or the search engine can only compute a limited destination. May be the software supplier is asking for variation order before adding these ‘extra’ to the system.

maybe these destinations are not capable of handling e-tickets??? im just guessing, but it could be the case.

Sign in to follow this