MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Hmmmmmmmmmm Azri, thats odd.

What i would suggest right now is to clear your internet history, cache, cookies and try again.

May I suggest you try SingaporeAir.com

:p

Since the new booking system being up and running (2 days?), I wonder how many million (MYR) of potential revenues have avoided MH simply because prospective passengers cannot find their origins/destinations in the selection box.

Bravo MAS. It has been almost a week a YET these destinations are still missing!!! :angry:

I think the problem will be arises for quite sometimes. But at least MH has put a notice on its website about the missing destinations.

MissingNotice.jpg

I was wrong. There are actually 24 missing destinations, not 23 as I previously mentioned. I missed out on FCO.

This has got to be one of this year's biggest IT blunder. How could MH downplay the importance of online booking that they could afford to have these many destinations off the list?!! The process of upgrading IT system must be backed by an analysis or risk VS benefit. I fail to see the key benefits so far, but the loss of sales is obvious!

:angry:

MH is serving 58 international destinations from KUL at the moment (excluding LHE which will start on 30 March 2008 and LGW which will start on 22 June 2008). Having 24 destinations missing from the new booking system, MH is abandoning 41.38% of its total international network.

Almost half, oh my god! *Fainted*

Biasa lah tu. If MAS could put online its standby crisis webpage complete with kind and thoughtful 'obituary and condolences messages' for the next-of-kin of its 'dead' passengers, how much more worse could it get :)

By the way, its fabulous 'MATF sale' fare list etc is now online. Marilah beramai-ramai terbang bersama Malaysia Airlines.

(Come lets go fly Malaysia Airlines)

Edited by Rozhan

hahahahah...love the last few responses. they still claim they fly to over 100 destinations when it is closer to 70 something. tak malu betul. by the way, codeshare doesn't really count... its a load of rubbish especially if you have only 9 seats per flight

Edited by Izanee

I'm a noob here so this is my first posting.

I read with interest the posts here and the press releases sent out by MH espcially on the internet booking engine. Being a student of this, I feel compelled to post.

I tried to book the MATF fare online yestrday and experienced a lot of difficulty. I finally had to complete the transaction thru the nice people at the call center. It seems there is a techincal fault where the fare is quoted is wrong and thus the transaction was not completed. Some of my other friends also had similar problems. Some destinations are missing and I kepe getting a fault syaing that the fare is no longer available when it quoted me in an earlier step. I wonder how many others had a similar experience.

I have used the old booking engine on several ocassions. I think the new one is even more confusing and rojak. Even my uni project is of better quality.

I dont think it is even on par with SQ, AK and the other airlines.

IJ mentioned that the internet is an important part his BTP 1 & 2. Sorry to say that he has stumbled on the first step.

Ryan Air and Aer Lingus booking engines provides simplicity . Full service carriers like QF, BA provides options.

MH is trying to do both and ended with neither. What is the point of adding some new functions added with promises of more when the new one is worse than the old one and the new one creates an aweful mess for Customers. If the new booking engine is part of the RM300M PSS project, then I say MH has wasted their money.

I am an MH supporter but I am slowly losing my faith in IJ and MH.

At the MATF, I had a small chat with the folks running the hospitality area. They admitted that MAS is having a lot of problems with the new booking engine such as missing destinations etc. There was a mention about MAS having two different engines and that could be the source of problems.

One of them actually commended Air Asia's online booking system which many of us here already knows that it has a robust booking engine and a breeze to use.

I also recommended that MAS offers greater choices in payment options and not restricted to just Visa and Mastercard only for their online bookings.

One of them actually commended Air Asia's online booking system which many of us here already knows that it has a robust booking engine and a breeze to use.

Well..in that case why can't MAS learn from AK? No harm in that for sure..

Im just blabbering here..so i'm not expecting any answers..

From MH's press release.

18 Sep, 2007

Malaysia Airlines invites submission for website development

Subang (18 September 2007): Malaysia Airlines invites online creative agencies to submit their proposals for the development and redesign of the national carrier’s website.

The website review is in line with changes in Malaysia Airlines as it enters into the 2nd phase of its Business Turnaround Plan (BTP). The airline is moving towards becoming a Five-star airline@LCC cost, and will launch its Malaysian Hospitality brand positioning in 2008.

There will be two rounds of review. In the first round, creative agencies are invited to submit their credentials and 1 (one) case study by 25 September 2007. They should not be working with any competing full service carrier currently.

Into the second round, 3 agency partners will be short-listed. They will be required to present the proven case study based on their past experience with an international brand. The short-listed agencies will be announced at the end of September with presentations taking place in mid October.

Malaysia Airlines Senior General Manager, Communications, Ms Indira Nair said, “Customers want to do their online transactions speedily and promptly. The new website must deliver this easy-to-use experience which is critical to support our BTP goals of increasing online sales, and reducing operating costs.

“Look and feel wise, the site must reflect the currently being developed Malaysian Hospitality brand positioning in 2008. It has to be fresh, vibrant and reflects the multi-cultural facets of Malaysia and its national carrier.”

The final selection of the agency is expected to be announced in late October.

Interested agencies can direct their enquiries to Mr Dinesh Rudra at drudra@mas.com.my or En Khairul Syahar Khalid at ksyahar@mas.com.my.

Issued by:

Media Relations, Communications Division

Malaysia Airlines, Subang

Perhaps that's the reason why the brains behind AK's website cannot be used? But AK is not a full service carrier. At the moment, clearly the website did not support in increasing online sales most definitely.

Guest Michael

Hello the airline is to revamp its website next month for online check in right?

Maybe someone can verify this.

I am told that the current version is the new promised internet booking engine. The new booking engine was quietly slipped in thru MAS Wings sometime ago. And then was extended for the international and domestic destinations booked under MAS before the MAS Travel Fare. I am told by the previos vendor that MAS has completely decommissioned the old booking engine. Typical of MAS staff not knowing what is inside their company when others outside know more of what's happening.

Being involved in web software development especially eCommerce, I have been following MAS and AK web development with great interest. All the hype raised my expectations. I used the new internet booking engine to buy the travel fare ticket to see the features and I am very dissapointed. Instead of improvement, Customer are beset with more problems than before.

I agree with you Rozhan, that more payment options is a must. These should include cash payment ala AK and direct debit.

There is a complete absence of other products like travel insurance (which I have made incorporated in my clients booking engine). I have incorporated tours, hotels and cruises for my client. It is not difficult and I cant see why MAS is finding it so difficult to do thisespecially when they are migrating to a new platform.

I too had the impression that the above pitch is for the whole website. Word in the industry is that the above is the pitch for the coporate website which if at most makes up only of the the skin of the booking engine.

I cant teach MAS a thing or two.

Edited by Tim Lee

I cant teach MAS a thing or two.

Oops finger problem. It should read "I can teach MAS a thing or two". I must be suffering from the same problems as the MAS staff and copy writers.

Hello the airline is to revamp its website next month for online check in right?

My understanding is that more features will be added gradually to the booking engine, including OLCI, which I tot was targeted for April. And I was informed that online Enrich redemption is slated for 3Q this yr (circa Aug.)

so...my mates and I decided to book our flight tickets today for our trip to KL in june.

we actually contemplated flying MH due to the timings...and it was apparently somewhat cheaper (offering some online fare?)

so i log on...4 credit cards in hand..ready to book...

LO AND BEHOLD...no 'United Arab Emirates' nor 'Dubai' listed in the drop down menu.

so in 5 minutes..MH just lost close to 30'000 ringgit worth of business.

(We decided to fly EK ;) )

these are the things MAS needs to factor in when they announce huge profits for 2012 or whatever. Losing passengers by the day will not get them anywhere quickly. Of course, I am trying not to say too much as some people here are upset that we can make negative comments on our beloved national airline. I say - enjoy EK, Imran! :) But you already know that...

Haha...Tim Lee...careful of what you say. Some people here get upset when you 'want to teach MAS a thing or two' :):lol:

Edited by Izanee

Guest Michael

I think over time they will fix the problems that are in their site currently.

I think over time they will fix the problems that are in their site currently.

And in the meantime ?

Clear illustration furnished by Imran above that damage is already in progress

And evidence elsewhere of the snake-boks effect

Man, what will it take for our national airline to ....... ah, forget it, nanti labelled bashing again ! :)

And in the meantime ?

Clear illustration furnished by Imran above that damage is already in progress

And evidence elsewhere of the snake-boks effect

Man, what will it take for our national airline to ....... ah, forget it, nanti labelled bashing again ! :)

Noolaaah...not bashing. You weren't attacking MH but criticising it for having lack of foresight, for not having gone through the full thought process prior to implementing the new online booking engine, for forgoing revenue as pax cannot buy tickets with ease online, for thinking that snackbox equates with 5-star service, for misleading customers with taglines that suggests quality and luxury...with the hope that one fine day, MH will learn and improve and be better.

Sign in to follow this