MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

I had just browse through the MH new website and i notice that the fare offers are not more flexible but how do i know what fare i'd purchased? For instance, previously i had a choice to choose for M Classunder the discounted fare if I opt to earn a full Enrich points on the total distance flown. The new system had nevertheless create confusion for me here.

I cant proceed beyond "Flight requiments" page. Has anyone experienced it as well?

Yes, I am also wondering the same thing like Kenneth. Usually I will opt for M fare even though there are lower price tickets just to get 100% Enrich miles accruals. M is the cheapest fare that gives 100% Enrich miles. It is very important for me to know whether I am paying for H/B/Q (70% Enrich miles) or K/W/Y (100% Enrich miles but more expensive than M).

And now finally can get KUL-LHR on e-ticket! Just bought one! :p

Good for you, Edwin! I was playing with the new booking system last night and was surprised to see they do LHR-KUL and back for about £490 inclusive on certain days. Thats a very good price for a nonstop flight!

Too bad I won't be going home anytime soon.... :pardon:

The new booking system is a big improvement but I am slightly disappointed that there is no flexible date search, which is pretty much standard feature on most airlines website e.g. SQ, BA, EK, QR, QF, NZ, ...

Wow congrats!! Haven't heard from you for a long time Edwin! Hows everything in London??

How much did you pay for the ticket??

Yeah, it's been a long while...haven't been spotting either..been busy and stuff! London's good, am back for about 2 months now since December...and now heading back. Supposed to fly SQ but no tickets for Sunday nite. So cancelled my SQ ticket and booked on MH! Actually kinda tired of transitting in Changi so a direct flight is welcomed (except no priority this and that lar :p )

The ticket costs MYR 5,196.00 (full flex).

There was a cheaper option but I opted for full Enrich points :D

How to book flights to BEY, PVG, KMG, XMN, MFM, CDG, BOM, BLR, HYD, JOG, HKT, IST, JED, DXB, CMB, MLE, KHI, RGN, REP, PNH, BWN, HAN and SGN?

Accidentally left out? Will be incorporated in the next system upgrade? Or MAS is ditching all those destinations?

I had just browse through the MH new website and i notice that the fare offers are not more flexible but how do i know what fare i'd purchased? For instance, previously i had a choice to choose for M Classunder the discounted fare if I opt to earn a full Enrich points on the total distance flown. The new system had nevertheless create confusion for me here.

I think the new system is designed to be more simple for users. Without those classes, you now get only 3 categories. If you click on the Super Saver, Flex Saver, or Fully Flex, you get a quick overview, like the below. Should be much easier for new users to book. For existing users, probably need to be "retrained".

For full details like minimum stay, exact fare class, etc, you will need to click next, and click "Rules". However, they seriously need to reformat the Rules page...it's so hard to read!!

masfare.jpg

Edited by Edwin P K

I just found it. To know which classes that we are paying, we need to click on the 'MYR XXX' in the selection.

For instance, KCH-KUL flight:

MYR 199 - Fare class SAPOWMY

MYR 239 - Fare class QAPOWMY

MYR 299 - Fare class WOWMY

MYR 349 - Fare class Y

I think for those who are fluent with the old booking class code, I am assuming the followings:

Fare class SAPOWMY = S (30% Enrich miles)

Fare class QAPOWMY = Q (70% Enrich miles)

Fare class WOWMY = W (100% Enrich miles)

Fare class Y = Y (100% Enrich miles)

Am I right?

This new fares display can hardly be called a major change from what they had before, it just makes it slightly more transparent. You could almost get the same format using the old system by just clicking on individual flights on the same page.

I was actually hoping for a calendar view which makes the fares more transparent over a range of dates, e.g. SQ, EK, QF have outbound/inbound pairs of return fare displayed over a week's period, while BA, AF, KL, U2 have a monthly calendar view of the lowest single fares. Why isn't MH taking a hint?!

Edited by Keno Omar

I just found it. To know which classes that we are paying, we need to click on the 'MYR XXX' in the selection.

For instance, KCH-KUL flight:

MYR 199 - Fare class SAPOWMY

MYR 239 - Fare class QAPOWMY

MYR 299 - Fare class WOWMY

MYR 349 - Fare class Y

I think for those who are fluent with the old booking class code, I am assuming the followings:

Fare class SAPOWMY = S (30% Enrich miles)

Fare class QAPOWMY = Q (70% Enrich miles)

Fare class WOWMY = W (100% Enrich miles)

Fare class Y = Y (100% Enrich miles)

Am I right?

So, we are not allow to select either S, Q, M or W Class now? When I clicked on the fare it only shows one fare option for eg QAPOWMY, then

if you wanna earn 100% enrich Point, then you have to click on the Full Y Class fare? I dont think the new system incorporates the flexibility somehow.

How to book flights to BEY, PVG, KMG, XMN, MFM, CDG, BOM, BLR, HYD, JOG, HKT, IST, JED, DXB, CMB, MLE, KHI, RGN, REP, PNH, BWN, HAN and SGN?Accidentally left out? Will be incorporated in the next system upgrade? Or MAS is ditching all those destinations?
Not eTicket yet la.....soon I think...
This new fares display can hardly be called a major change from what they had before, it just makes it slightly more transparent. You could almost get the same format using the old system by just clicking on individual flights on the same page.I was actually hoping for a calendar view which makes the fares more transparent over a range of dates, e.g. SQ, EK, QF have outbound/inbound pairs of return fare displayed over a week's period, while BA, AF, KL, U2 have a monthly calendar view of the lowest single fares. Why isn't MH taking a hint?!
Heard from someone that the calendar will be launched in 2nd quarter

I was actually hoping for a calendar view which makes the fares more transparent over a range of dates, e.g. SQ, EK, QF have outbound/inbound pairs of return fare displayed over a week's period, while BA, AF, KL, U2 have a monthly calendar view of the lowest single fares. Why isn't MH taking a hint?!

Perhaps the company MH engaged to do the job don't know how to incorporate such features? If we recalled, MH doesn't want the company it engages for its new website/booking system to have any business relationship with other major carriers. There's a thread about it in MW if I am not mistaken. I wonder if they charged premium fee for this kind of job to MH and MH with rela hati main bayar je although the result is something like this?

So, we are not allow to select either S, Q, M or W Class now? When I clicked on the fare it only shows one fare option for eg QAPOWMY, then if you wanna earn 100% enrich Point, then you have to click on the Full Y Class fare? I dont think the new system incorporates the flexibility somehow.

Yes, dissappointing isn't it?

How to book flights to BEY, PVG, KMG, XMN, MFM, CDG, BOM, BLR, HYD, JOG, HKT, IST, JED, DXB, CMB, MLE, KHI, RGN, REP, PNH, BWN, HAN and SGN?

Accidentally left out? Will be incorporated in the next system upgrade? Or MAS is ditching all those destinations?

Not eTicket yet la.....soon I think...Heard from someone that the calendar will be launched in 2nd quarter.

So we have to go to MH's ticketing office to purchase tickets to these destinations???!!! In the past, tickets to ALL destinations can be purchased online eventhough they are not e-ticket. This is a MAJOR system downgrade if you ask me. :angry:

I am actually so disturbed by the ditching out of 23 destinations (!!!) from the new booking system. My friends from Dubai texted me last night and they were asking why there is no Dubai in the new booking system when they were about to purchase tickets!

Since the new booking system being up and running (2 days?), I wonder how many million (MYR) of potential revenues have avoided MH simply because prospective passengers cannot find their origins/destinations in the selection box.

An utterly BIG letdown, oh my god! If I am Datuk Seri IJ, I would be very very upset.

Perhaps the company MH engaged to do the job don't know how to incorporate such features? If we recalled, MH doesn't want the company it engages for its new website/booking system to have any business relationship with other major carriers. There's a thread about it in MW if I am not mistaken. I wonder if they charged premium fee for this kind of job to MH and MH with rela hati main bayar je although the result is something like this?

Yes, dissappointing isn't it?

So we have to go to MH's ticketing office to purchase tickets to these destinations???!!! In the past, tickets to ALL destinations can be purchased online eventhough they are not e-ticket. This is a MAJOR system downgrade if you ask me. :angry:

Well I hope someone from MAS is reading your comments Bro...

Well I hope someone from MAS is reading your comments Bro...

I dont think it makes any different now. MH is no longer an airline which listen to passengers' grievances. ....sigh

I am actually so disturbed by the ditching out of 23 destinations (!!!) from the new booking system. My friends from Dubai texted me last night and they were asking why there is no Dubai in the new booking system when they were about to purchase tickets!

ive been trying to get a fare quote for some enemies of mine who want to fly to KL...thus i decided to throw them on MH...

guess i should put them on Yemenia now.

An utterly BIG letdown, oh my god! If I am Datuk Seri IJ, I would be very very upset.

I would too. I wonder if they actually have never sat down and tried out other airlines' websites...

Diorang pakai terminal Kommas ke buat website?

The whole website needs a revamp, not just cosmetic wise but the backend as well! It's very "all over the place". Wanna view the e-timetable? It launches another window. Want to book a ticket? Goes to another window. Very very disorganized. Wanna pay for your ticket? Launches another window.

Also, I'm surprised as to why they remove the other destinations. Phase 2? Hello, where is the logic? Perhaps, there are many difficulties as MAS may still be using many legacy system all over the place. Perhaps no budget to streamline their website to their business??

However, I'm happy that LHR now got e-ticket...no need to collect the ticket hehehe

Since the new booking system being up and running (2 days?), I wonder how many million (MYR) of potential revenues have avoided MH simply because prospective passengers cannot find their origins/destinations in the selection box.

Exactly!! Either launch the new system complete with ALL destinations, or don't launch at all. I wonder if they could get it right by Friday in time for the travel fair.

MH should have a backup booking system. EK face the same problem, they have no backup system when they launch the new engine.MH should have a backup booking system. EK face the same problem, they have no backup system when they launch the new engine. Moreover, i saw an article saying that MH is going to revamp the webpage, just wait patiently

I love the simplicity of AK's website actually. No fancy fancy gadgets and popups. Straight to the point, well organised content. Not to mention that their online booking works like a charm!

I have not experienced online booking for MH yet but their website is a little bit sophisticated to my liking. But thats how full-serviced websites are so i can't complain!

Edited by Walter Sim

The whole system is a mess....no back up whicxh resulted to data loss etc. Passengers are not given choices to choose the type of class unnder the discounted fares...which makes the whole system inferior...

It's been 4 days that I am unable to get a hold of the MAS booking page. When I put the details (departure date/location etc), and then pressing SUBMIT, it will just say "waiting" or "loading" but nothing happen, until it timed out. I thought I have a internet configuration problem whatsoever, but I have no problems with any other websites.

And I never have any problem with MAS booking page website before, right before they change the system.

I use Windows XP , and I have tried every single browsers available in my computer - Firefox, Safari, IE, even Opera. (Mind you, they are all the latest version)...

So I thought its my own internet problem, because my other computer, a desktop also experiences the same thing. But, when I tried it on in my dad's laptop (using the same internet connection), the booking page works like a charm. Now, the only different between my dad's and the other 2 computers, is my dad is using Windows Vista. Don't tell me that it only works in Windows Vista!

Anyway, can anyone can help me figure out what's going on??? I'm really confused. Perhaps its some sort of encryption (security) problem that may have interfered when I tried to get into it.

Anyway help me out, k. THanks :D

Hmmmmmmmmmm Azri, thats odd.

What i would suggest right now is to clear your internet history, cache, cookies and try again.

done that a million of times.... :(

Sign in to follow this