MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Malaysia Airlines Website New Look

Since when MH fly BKI-BWN?? I never know that...

A friend of mine took such flight between KUL and BKI. At BWN, transit pax were not allowed to disembark.

18 Sep, 2007

Malaysia Airlines invites submission for website development

Subang (18 September 2007): Malaysia Airlines invites online creative agencies to submit their proposals for the development and redesign of the national carrier’s website.

The website review is in line with changes in Malaysia Airlines as it enters into the 2nd phase of its Business Turnaround Plan (BTP). The airline is moving towards becoming a Five-star airline@LCC cost, and will launch its Malaysian Hospitality brand positioning in 2008.

There will be two rounds of review. In the first round, creative agencies are invited to submit their credentials and 1 (one) case study by 25 September 2007. They should not be working with any competing full service carrier currently.

Into the second round, 3 agency partners will be short-listed. They will be required to present the proven case study based on their past experience with an international brand. The short-listed agencies will be announced at the end of September with presentations taking place in mid October.

Malaysia Airlines Senior General Manager, Communications, Ms Indira Nair said, “Customers want to do their online transactions speedily and promptly. The new website must deliver this easy-to-use experience which is critical to support our BTP goals of increasing online sales, and reducing operating costs.

“Look and feel wise, the site must reflect the currently being developed Malaysian Hospitality brand positioning in 2008. It has to be fresh, vibrant and reflects the multi-cultural facets of Malaysia and its national carrier.”

The final selection of the agency is expected to be announced in late October.

Interested agencies can direct their enquiries to Mr Dinesh Rudra at drudra@mas.com.my or En Khairul Syahar Khalid at ksyahar@mas.com.my.

Issued by:

Media Relations, Communications Division

Malaysia Airlines, Subang

For more information, members of the media can

Rossila Omar

Email: rossila@mas.com.my

Tel: 03-7840 3890

One question.

MH has announced in many publications several months back that they are going to be fully eticketed network wide on 21 September 2007.

Today is 25 September 2007 and I still could not purchase an eticket to Jakarta. What happen? Are they going to wait until this new website, as the thread starter suggested, being in place first?

One question.

MH has announced in many publications several months back that they are going to be fully eticketed network wide on 21 September 2007.

Today is 25 September 2007 and I still could not purchase an eticket to Jakarta. What happen? Are they going to wait until this new website, as the thread starter suggested, being in place first?

Delayed to October 28

MAS' Worldwide E-Ticketing Ready By Oct 28

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 28 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) said today it is on track to roll out electronic ticketing worldwide by Oct 28.

It assured that there will be compatibility with all 10 global distribution systems, which will enable travel agents worldwide to issue e-tickets for MAS.

MAS said in a statement that the cutover of all 16 Malaysian domestic stations and 27 of 40 international stations to the new SITA Departure Control System has also been completed.

Its senior general manager of transition management, Dr Amin Khan, said the e-ticketing to simplify passenger travel will enable customers to print their own tickets and make changes to their travel itinerary, while MAS will benefit from cost savings of RM20 per ticket.

MAS has also completed 23 of the 36 interline e-ticketing agreements with carriers, including Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Cathay Pacific Airways and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, which allows a passenger to check-in all the way to the final destination with just one ticket even when using different airlines along the journey.

"By November, e-ticket passengers will have options to check in via self-service kiosks at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport or the normal check-in counters," said Dr Amin, adding that these kiosks will be progressively introduced at airports in Penang, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu.

Customers will also be able to do online check-in through the MAS website by next March. MAS said it is investing RM200 million over the next three years in its Passenger Services System to simplify passenger travel.

-- BERNAMA

BTW azizul, i dint get the cheap OOL-KUL already, too late, so stuff it then!

Today is 30 October 2007 and still no eticket for international routes! What happened? This is the 3rd delay! When is the new date? So slow! :angry:

It seems MH webpage is undergoing some changes. It is showing signs of changes..check out MH webpage,it has been changed to light blue..check out more frequent for new webpage..looking forward for their new webpage..n online check in..

webmaster just change CSS (cascading style sheet). they can change all template in 1 minute.

but it's okay laa... new image of MH website. DSIJ 'promote sakan' Malaysian Hospitality

Nice cosmetic changes.... However the online Going Places has not been updated for months already. Their last online version is October 2007. Don't the people behind these feel proud of their jobs, and perform to expectations? Don't their superiors ever check on their subordinates' slow work?

On the other hand the Temptations inflight shopping link is very good. Opens up in a new window and all items can be viewed with ease with a few clicks.

Guest Michael

Going Places has now been updated too, I am waiting for online check in to come, e-ticketing has been here in Aus since November now.

Going Places has now been updated too, I am waiting for online check in to come, e-ticketing has been here in Aus since November now.

Well definitely not at the MH office in Adelaide. I had a ticket issued there last December, the week before Christmas and it still was the paper ticket being used.

I purchased a ticket online last nite but was unable to update my personal profile after i registered myself as an user. The system is still poor for me here.... :rolleyes:

New booking system improvement:

Seat selection capability upon booking

Simplified fare structure down to 3: super saver, flex saver and full flex

incooperation of maswing booking into MH site

However,

failed to logon to personal site

flight class not shown anymore. Wonder how Enrich mileage accrual will be affected.

last step for payment was still the old format. Cut and paste job

and more steps involved in purchasing ticket...

Anyway, well done MH!

Edited by V Wong

You guys...read! :p

Important Notice:

Kindly note that our online booking facility will be upgraded on:-

Thursday, 14th February 2008 from 11:50pm to Friday, 15th February 2008 03:00am

(Malaysian Time).

Customers who registered before or on this date 14th February 2008 will not be able to use any existing login/profile and will be required to register again.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You need to re-register again.

I must say the new booking system isn't that bad but I wish they improve the flow of things. Things like needing to re-register...they should have sent an email to their members database and inform them of these new improvements/changes.

And now finally can get KUL-LHR on e-ticket! Just bought one! :p

First MH flight in 2 years !! Can't wait

Wow congrats!! Haven't heard from you for a long time Edwin! Hows everything in London??

How much did you pay for the ticket??

I had just browse through the MH new website and i notice that the fare offers are not more flexible but how do i know what fare i'd purchased? For instance, previously i had a choice to choose for M Classunder the discounted fare if I opt to earn a full Enrich points on the total distance flown. The new system had nevertheless create confusion for me here.

Sign in to follow this