MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Lim

Seat reservation on MAS flights

*Gavin, please delete this thread if it has been discussed before.

I havent travelled with MAS for a long time. But anyway, early this month I went back to Msia for holiday. I booked the tickets through the slow and laggy MAS website.

When I checked in, I found out I had been pre-allocated the seats! The check in girl told me that if I had wanted any specific seats, I should have phoned in a few days before flying to reserve. Well, how the hell would I have known that?

I used to be able to ask for seats during the check in process.

The MAS website where I purchased my tickets didnt say anything about phoning in to reserve seats. It doesnt say on the e-ticket either.

So I went to MAS customer service desk to pursue the matter but the guy din really care. He just said, "Well, I cant do anything sir. Now you know you have to phone in to reserve the seat so next time you can do it."

I wasnt the only passenger faced with this problem, btw. Another lady had apparent booked the tickets with MAS office in London and specifically asked to be seated with her children but her whole family got spread out all over the airplane.

Luckily as usual, the cabin crew were very accomodating and managed to help that re-sit the lady's children next to her.

MAS ground staff definitely needs sorting out. And please make the website easier to use. When I log into www.malaysiaairlines.com, my intention is to book tickets, not to enjoy their flashy html features that don't even run smoothly.

One can select prefered seat during online ticket purchase, and also when booking through the callcentre. The last time I bought MAS ticket at the ticket office counter (last year), I still needed to make a call to the callcentre as the ticket office system cannot do it.

But then this seat reservation is not an assurance of getting the desired seat, such as last minute equipment change e.g. a B734 flight changed to an A330. There were several times when my selected seat became void due to this. At one time even my selected seat was given to someone else, despite no equipment change involved!!!

Sorry Andrew, hijack sikit here :pardon:

Does anyone know of a way to add on an online booked itinerary to one's profile in MH's system ?

Thing is I made a couple of online bookings (as quest) before I registered as a user

Now only the reservation I did post registration shows up in "my itineraries"

Thanks in advance for help !

Yes, I agree that the ground staff really does the airline no favours especially in KUL. However, now one is able to select their seats when booking online. I did mine just last week. However, whether my seats remain blocked for me is anyone's guess.

How come you didn't come across this function when you were booking it? Or maybe you booked your tickets quite sometime back when this was not a feature yet?

I purchased my tickets via the website last night and managed to select seats. Whether i will get the seats on the day itself will be another story. I always do self-check-in and hava managed to secure my seats quite easily. the only thing that i noticed is i can't get rows 26 and 27 whenever i do self-check in. Row 25 always show as the last rown on the screen.

I never have any problem getting my seat on MH. I normally select my seat when I book my flights and usually I got them. Normally is window seat first roll. Only once I was placed last row instead during boarding but I didn't inquire why as I have been moved to other seat to give way to a traveling mother with her child before. The last 2 times when I used my enrich points to redeem free tickets I asked the ticketing staff to put me together with my wife and so far they have been very helpful and polite. My wife booked her tickets during fair i.e. Matta or Mas Fair so I only claim my tickets afterwards.

On a side note, seems like the seat selection was quite easily missed when you book your flights online.

Sign in to follow this