MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Green AK

The main purpose is to save our environment clean or to cut their cost? *blink blink*:p

haha..

"We cut out unnecessary wastage by not handling out newspaper, Free Meals and other extra amenities that might not be used or consumed."

I guess if the food served is tasty, most of the pax would finish it up..Wouldn't they?

Edited by Min Chun

Pretty smart spin on things.

Will we see them selling carbon offsets soon ?

You bet! :D

I guess if the food served is tasty, most of the pax would finish it up..Wouldn't they?

So are they sayin' ... ummm ... 'free food' on the other airline no good? :p

Anyway their nasi lemak has gone to the dogs (metaphorically lah). Used to be tasty, now so bland and uninspiring.

Most are bragging on small things.

Didn't they realize that operating the aircraft uses fuel, where fuel has to be dug out from deep below. This is one of the thing that no airline company can get away with.

Hope they will have 1 livery like this on their plane.. Green and white, something like Honda Formula 1

Edited by Liew Hon Kit

I feel good flying with AK. I paid RM3 for my bags to save the world! I pre-ordered my Nasi Lemak to save the world, I use online-check-in to save the world. I have saved the world!

What's next? No air-con in planes and LCCT so we can save the world? or no pilots smoking outside of LCCT so we can save the plant from little smoke?

aiya......

Innovative promotion. Nowaday, our earth being damage from day to day. I am persanally have recycle paper, plastic... and donate to the charity body. :drinks:

La, I thought they painted one of their aircraft green :D

Welcome to the club...

I feel good flying with AK. I paid RM3 for my bags to save the world! I pre-ordered my Nasi Lemak to save the world, I use online-check-in to save the world. I have saved the world!

What's next? No air-con in planes and LCCT so we can save the world? or no pilots smoking outside of LCCT so we can save the plant from little smoke?

aiya......

Uh-huh? And I'm using biodegradable garbage bags and separating my rubbish for recycling. We do our little bit lah. No harm, wot?

By reading at the title, i tot AK got new livery :lol: :rofl:

Then I'd place this thread under 'Observation Hill' or 'Flight Logbook', right?

Uh-huh? And I'm using biodegradable garbage bags and separating my rubbish for recycling. We do our little bit lah. No harm, wot?

yeah i am overreacting a bit. Of course i'm all for saving the planet. I do my bit, i celebrate earth hour, i go for walk in FRIN once in a while. I love nature.

The only little thing that bothers me about whole AK campaign is how they use mother earth to justify profit-related actions. In particular the RM3/5 for check-in baggage. I've seen a few of those shuttle busses (KL Sentral - LCCT) which produces quite thick smoke. why don't replace those with more eco-frieldly busses and then i have respect for their CSR effort. But then again its jsut my personal opinion and when it comes to contribution to mother earth, every lil things count! :drinks:

yeah i am overreacting a bit. Of course i'm all for saving the planet. I do my bit, i celebrate earth hour, i go for walk in FRIN once in a while. I love nature.

The only little thing that bothers me about whole AK campaign is how they use mother earth to justify profit-related actions. In particular the RM3/5 for check-in baggage. I've seen a few of those shuttle busses (KL Sentral - LCCT) which produces quite thick smoke. why don't replace those with more eco-frieldly busses and then i have respect for their CSR effort. But then again its jsut my personal opinion and when it comes to contribution to mother earth, every lil things count! :drinks:

Hehehe ... that's why I called it the 'GREEN-y spin'. Yes, it is a spin by AK to shore up their business in these hard times.

Sign in to follow this