MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

Light aircraft makes emergency landing on padi field

2008/05/25

Light aircraft makes emergency landing on padi field

BERNAMA

PASIR MAS, Sun.:

A light aircraft made an emergency landing on a padi field in Kubang Telaga in Kampung Baru, Tok Uban, about 30km from here, today.

The Diamond 40 plane piloted by a trainee pliot Shareez Khan Sulaiman from the Kota Baru-based Asia-Pacific Flight Training Club made the emergency landing at about 9.30am.

Kelantan police chief SAC II Amir Hamzah Ibrahim said a police team was rushed to the site upon receiving a distress call.

The pilot who escaped unhurt was rushed to the Pasir Mas Hospital for examination,” he told Bernama when contacted.

Bernama learnt that the pilot decided to land the plane after hearing a minor explosion believed to be from the engine.

Asia Pacific Flight Training Club general manager Khalid Ali said Shareez Khan was flying solo in the area when the incident happened.

He said Shareez Khan contacted the club to inform about the incident.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Sun...icle/index_html

It was on TV3 news just now about a Piper Warrior, commanded by a final year Asia Pacific Flight Training (APFT) student forced to make an emergency landing on a field in Pasir Mas.

The pilot is ok and the aircraft is intact.

Anyone with details?

INCIDENT

HM AEROSPACE =1

AFPT =1

hope integrated avac & GGIFA not on list..

Edited by Aiman

Pilot training has always been full of danger and excitement.

One of my colleague made an emergency landing, hit a post and flipped the aircraft. He is now a B777 captain.

Smaller incidents includes driving he propeller into the runway during landing (not sure what that is called). I know of at least 2 of such incident. The only fatal incident that I know of is the 9M-SKA of MFA that crashed into the satellite dish at Gunung Pulai in Johor. The rest, the pilots involved continue to fly.

Accident happens.

i was there to hear the pilot briefing the accident. he was fine, no injuries. while holding in uban area, he heard a loud bang from the engine. then the rpm started to increase to the red region, he then reduced the rpm the normal region. Nevertheless, the engine load indicator indicated around 3% just like running on idle. then he went through the emergency checklist and force landed.

Smaller incidents includes driving he propeller into the runway during landing (not sure what that is called).

Wheelbarrowing? :)

Sign in to follow this