MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

New seat-fabric colours on MH734

Hi all,

I think the colours used in the economy class takes a lot of getting used to. Perhaps there will be some who will never be able to get used to it. Let's hpe that passengers' seat requests now do not go beyond window/aisle/emergency/bulkhead seats to wanting to choose purple, blue, turquoise, green, orange, yellow seats etc.

Can someone who has seen the red business class seat confirm the material used? Is it fabric or leather? From Radzi's picture, it looks to me like velvet.

KC Sim

Can someone who has seen the red business class seat confirm the material used? Is it fabric or leather? From Radzi's picture, it looks to me like velvet.

It's fabric, and if you see properly, the red actually has 2 tones, 1 lighter and the other darker. Saw it yesterday when I flew MKF to manila. Didn't take any pictures tho, I left my camera at home. Other than that, the new carpet is actually nice to walk on, but abit slippery.

with all this thing going on about the "pening pening" colours of the seats of the new reupholstered aircrafts....

I have a suggestion : paint all the 737's into hibiscus livery......

since the colour has taken over the interiors, why not go for the whole big thing....

Malaysian airports will be the most colourful places to be, coupled with AK's red birds...... :crazy:

Just like to share with all MW member who never had any opportunity to fly and see MAS new seat-febric colours..as far as i concern,none Airbus 330 aircraft new economic seat-febric colurs been upload either at airlines.net or jetphotos.net..correct me if wrong.. :rolleyes:

Taken from Utusan Malaysia news report on 29 Mei 2008

2632932745_92b6996299.jpg?v=0

Have nice day and flight experince... :D :D :D

Wow...very the very retro...maybe the FA should wear the older uniforms also, from the different era??...like a walk down memory land thing...nice pic from btw...it does kinda "cheer" up the cabin some what...

I flew on DJ's B737-800 once, the seats were slim, leather, and had headrest...very nice in fact...not sure about the width, but pitch was 31' but since the seats were slim...you kinda feel less cramped...I'm all for the B737-800!!

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

none Airbus 330 aircraft new economic seat-febric colurs been upload either at airlines.net or jetphotos.net.

Where is Ian Lim?

i guess IJ's taste is similar to 93% of MAS passengers' taste, sanjay.

i'm just one of the ungrateful cheapo 7% that cannot stomach the pain in the eyes and arse colours!

Just like to share with all MW member who never had any opportunity to fly and see MAS new seat-febric colours..as far as i concern,none Airbus 330 aircraft new economic seat-febric colurs been upload either at airlines.net or jetphotos.net..correct me if wrong.. :rolleyes:

Taken from Utusan Malaysia news report on 29 Mei 2008

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3117/263293...6996299.jpg?v=0

Have nice day and flight experince... :D :D :D

Retro color... next must change back the uniform to the old design of kebaya sarong (same mixed color). hehehehehehe...

i think the arrangement of color looks nicer on the A330, much better than the small seven threes :)

..... who is a FSS on board the new A330s, will upload it soon.

Refurbished, Kenneth - and interiors only ;)

Btw, those poor girls must have been dazzled blind by the brilliance of the new colours - see them groping their way about ?! :p

2565832857_be014d7614.jpg?v=0

Both the Airbus A330-300 and A330-200 aircraft are refurbished with new seat covers, carpet and un-pleated curtains, coupled with fresh and vibrant colors which aesthetically match the whole cabin and improve its overall ambiance. Seat cushion and arm caps will be replaced with a new material designed to enhance the seat comfort level.

The upgrade also involves the galleys and lavatory flooring with new vinyl designs and better quality material to improve the overall cabin condition.

2565869571_4c968c69ce.jpg?v=0

An additional feature introduced in the A330-300 aircraft is the installation of LCD screens. The 15-inch dropdown retractable LCD screens are installed at every 4th seat row in the economy class zone of the aircraft. In addition, 2 units of this equipment are mounted at the bulkhead of the aircraft.

This feature replaces the earlier cathode ray tube projection equipment and allows customers better viewing of the video programmes screened inflight.

2566674186_61938c9b43.jpg?v=0

From MH = Malaysian Hospitality's photostream, Flickr.

I am on A333 Mike Kilo Foxtrot KCH-KUL MH2529 27June last month, when i enter the cabin, a very colorful look. I like the color :good:

Edited by LeeTZ

2565832857_be014d7614.jpg?v=0

Both the Airbus A330-300 and A330-200 aircraft are refurbished with new seat covers, carpet and un-pleated curtains, coupled with fresh and vibrant colors which aesthetically match the whole cabin and improve its overall ambiance. Seat cushion and arm caps will be replaced with a new material designed to enhance the seat comfort level.

The upgrade also involves the galleys and lavatory flooring with new vinyl designs and better quality material to improve the overall cabin condition.

2565869571_4c968c69ce.jpg?v=0

An additional feature introduced in the A330-300 aircraft is the installation of LCD screens. The 15-inch dropdown retractable LCD screens are installed at every 4th seat row in the economy class zone of the aircraft. In addition, 2 units of this equipment are mounted at the bulkhead of the aircraft.

This feature replaces the earlier cathode ray tube projection equipment and allows customers better viewing of the video programmes screened inflight.

2566674186_61938c9b43.jpg?v=0

From MH = Malaysian Hospitality's photostream, Flickr.

Sidetrack; the girls are all from Charters.

I was one of those who thought the colors were too loud and ugh when it was shown to me during the the 'think tank' process. But on second thoughts, I have to say it did not end up too bad. So far comments were based on 2d pictures of the totally unoccupied cabin. With the passengers on board, sitting on the seat, the loud colors are muted by the random colors of passenger clothes, and the result is actually better than before. So in that sense, in my humble opinion, it is a change for the better at minimal expenditure.

Me too and I find it refreshingly colourful, like the way the colours diagonally run across the cabin.... it looks better in 330 than baby boeings.....

The reds in Business is nice too.....

i think the arrangement of color looks nicer on the A330, much better than the small seven threes :)

Not bad though for the new GCC cabin for the MH A330s with the gorgeous crew too. Perhaps, it's time for me to change my mind and to fly on board MH A330s in my future travelling itinery with MAS.

Sorry for the late posting, seems like Andrew had already posted the new A330s new seats colour. By the way, here's the quick view of the new MH A330s Economy Class cabin which was snapped by a friend of mine (FSS) who happen to fly on board on of the refurbished aircraft recently. :rolleyes:

MH new EY Cabin on board A330s

14jun08012.jpg