MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

New seat-fabric colours on MH734

FANTA??? Why did you mentioned FANTA??? Fanta reminds me of

and this. Those seats are Smarties, not Fantanas! Edited by Mohd Azizul Ramli

I now why they adopt so many new colours...those paying RM0= Orange Seats, Supersaver= Green, YEE30= Blue and those Fullfare Economy gets Red...just keep the blue and Green, do away with the orange and red please....

For some reasons, personally, I do like it. Something new and different! But I don't think I can stand it for longer than... let's say an hour?. It can easily turn into an eyesore.

I think if I am flying away for a holiday, this bright smarties-coloured seat can simply set the mood. So ceria, especially if you are travelling with kids. The kids will definitely love it.

I know MAS does this to mask the fact that these planes are old, hence they try to give them a cosmetic uplift with a fresh look. Very brave but I don't think they have done the job well.

Since this is a trial, are they running any survey/questionnaire through which we can give our feedbacks?

Edited by zaki

I still prefer the current colors, the new seats look strange for me.

I agree with you,bro.The current colours (isn't it dark blue or something on 734)looks better.

So will this smarties concept be apllied to the whole fleet or just 737 and A330?

Edited by Izhar Z

Have any of you seen the (trial?) new seat fabric colours on the 734? Replacing the previous purple in C, there's now bright red seats, very retro looking, and I think blue fabric for Y seats.

So, we have retro-coloured seats in vintage 734. Nice?

Found a pic of the C class bright red seats. If you think the smarties-coloured seats in Y are horrible, this is even worse... and it makes Y class looks better.

seat1.jpg

credit to http://www.flydamnit.com/

Edited by zaki

Thanks for the pix. My spontaneous reaction to the C class seat : AIYO!!! (and I said it out aloud uncontrollably...)

Check another photo taken by our Capt.Radzi on A.net:

Malaysia Airlines new C class seat covers,by M Radzi Desa

Sorry to say this,but the C class seat looks nice on this color.

No offence to those who hate the new seat cover ya.This is just my opinion ^_^ :hi:

C-class looks real nice and classy...

Y-class: modern, yet retro :pardon:

holy moly! it is ghastly!!! aiyoyo... IJ IJ....makes you feel like dancing around a coconut tree...

(before anyone thinks I'm racist - i'm half paki)

Edited by Izanee

aiyoyo... IJ IJ....makes you feel like dancing around a coconut tree...

Stop it, you might inadvertently implant more radically innovative ideas at BTP2 mid term review stage

How does plastic coconut trees installed on board to enhance the FSVC experience - that is supposing real ones are technically not feasible ?

:)

Sorry to say this,but the C class seat looks nice on this color.

The new cover of C class looks good!

The Y class seat covers just needs to be more uniform in colour and tone the colours down a little.

In real life, the new C seat-covers are actually hideous, and certainly far from soothing. The pictures do not depict the real pain-in-the-eye.

My dad just operated home on MLE/CMB/KUL sector with the new seat covers fitted. Surprisingly, MOST pax, when asked about their opinion on the new seat covers said that they like it. According to them, its something different and brightens up the dull cabin interior of the old A330. Pax load was approximately 90%. However, there were a few comments about the Y class seat covers. They said a toned down version would be more pleasant although they didnt seem to mind the random arrangement of the colors. In C class, pax were happy to see something they termed as "lively"..

Just sharing with you guys the feedback from passengers as gathered by the Inflight Supervisor. A frequent flier in C class also commented that while he likes the new seat covers in the A330, it doesn't really go well in the B734, while another pax said that its fine on the A330 as the A/C operates to destinations where most pax in MH are leisure based, hence they would like it as it gives them a cheerful mood.

All that said and done, there were also a few pax who said it isn't really to their taste.

I guess "taste is unique to every man"...

I guess "taste is unique to every man"...

I do agree with you,Sanjay.Like it or hate it,it depends on everybody thought.

well guys...it true from what saw,the combination of colour look suit for A330 because the seat configuration 2-4-2..it look more colurfull..it just temporary perhaps before MAS start to replace with new B737-800NG..and it comes with much better colour and much comfort to seat..

Just give some area to MAS management to do something and prove that they start to compete with their rival after "silent" with financial crisis..

Sabarlah ea...hehehehehe :rolleyes:

sidetrack a bit....

I do hope MH's new 738's are more comfortable

Sat in a few 738's before they don't seem to be more comfortable judging from their newer entry/technology! (hmmm. maybe its airline specific)

I absolutely find the blended winglet makes the aircraft look very sexy.......

Just give some area to MAS management to do something and prove that they start to compete with their rival after "silent" with financial crisis..

Sigh ! :(

The textured red cover for the GCCL: I approve. Tastefully bold and idiosyncratic.

The exploded Smarties concept in the Economy cabin: Was everyone drunk at the board meeting?