MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

New seat-fabric colours on MH734

Excuse me, but I cannot agree on "now it does not look so bad".... I am just lost for words on how bad one taste can be!

Another view. Doesnt look so bad now does it?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3238/248026...c9703ca.jpg?v=0

The ah moi just makes it worst.. everything doesnt go well in there.. the uniform doesnt match it, the plane doesnt match it.. awh tahi, what a screw up!! <_>

Its just plain hideous.

Maybe, if all goes well (or not), they're going to fit this scheme in the new 738. Wow........ I mean WOW.

At check in counter;

Pax: Can I have window seat please.

MH: Sure, what colour you like? Red, blue, green or orange?

Apparently, MH have consulted feng shui master before selecting those seats colour. By sitting at your colour (fire, water, wood, earth) and bombard by cosmic rays, you will arrive rejuvenated. Metal is left out because the fuselage is metal. :D

Part of BTP2 value added service, More choice for pax.

:drinks:

At check in counter;

Pax: Can I have window seat please.

MH: Sure, what colour you like? Red, blue, green or orange?

Apparently, MH have consulted feng shui master before selecting those seats colour. By sitting at your colour (fire, water, wood, earth) and bombard by cosmic rays, you will arrive rejuvenated. Metal is left out because the fuselage is metal. :D

Part of BTP2 value added service, More choice for pax.

:drinks:

HOW kolot can they be.. absurdity at its best :rofl:

Pax: Can i have window seat please

MH: Sure, what colour you like? red, Blue, Green or orange?

Pax.. Yikes.. I bring my own cushion cover can? :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

2480263466_65dc9703ca.jpg?v=0

Forgive me and it's probably just me, but why do I get reminded of Montgomery Burns when I see the pic ...... ? :pardon:

Forgive me and it's probably just me, but why do I get reminded of Montgomery Burns when I see the pic ...... ? :pardon:

OT: Montgomery Burns? hahahah lol...you just made me laugh like crazy at 7am in the morning!

On the seats, it's in trial mode, but i personally like it. Yeah maybe i have bad colour taste or bad fashion sense, but i think it's different and not so bad when you have people sitting on the seats.

..... and not so bad when you have people sitting on the seats.

Well, that should afford improvement for sure. Because said people will be obscuring those garish colours from shining through in their full technicolour horror. Next would be to install seat back PTV's, that should largely eliminate the big slab of colour one is faced with whilst seated :)

If this is implemented fleet wide, I'll need to warn a Japanese couple friends of mine to stay away at all cost !

Apparently, an A330 has also received this cabin "upgrade" with new seat covers, carpets and curtains...along with 5 other 734s....according to a news piece quoting IJ.

some upgrade with basically the same ancient seats!

Since they are changing the seat covers, maybe they can look at the tray table latches too. On one flight in one of the ancient B737, the latch in front of me was faulty while the tray hinge was a bit bent to one side, hence the tray would flip open every now and then.... during take-off roll, a few times during cruise, and landing! I had to use my knees to stop it from opening too often! I couldn't take another seat as it was a full flight.

In any case, with these refurbishing of cabins with new seat covers, curtains etc, it could only mean one thing: these flying machines will continue to be in the fleet for some years still. Selamat Terbang .....

Edited by Rozhan

So much so a flying 5-star relic!!!! Way to go Idiot Jerks.. :rofl:

Heard the A330 has received new seat covers, but no indication of it being multi-colored.

Yes, it will be the smarties inspired concept :) - there was a pic of the A330 in one of our local papers here

And it was mentioned that since the new birds already ordered will only commence delivery in 2010, goodness knows when the yet to be announced orders will arrive, cosmetic surgery is therefore necessary so as not to look overly tatty in the meanwhile (words to that effect anyway :) )

Edited by BC Tam

I hope I can see the pictures of the seats in the widebody. They look awful enough in the 737. But who knows, this smarties concept may look great if taken in large dosage. :drinks:

28-05-2008: MAS’ first refurbished A330 aircraft resumes flights

Email us your feedback at fd@bizedge.com

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines’ first of 14 A330 aircraft that underwent cabin refurbishment started flight operations yesterday plying both domestic and regional routes, the national carrier said in a statement yesterday.

MAS said the refurbishment programme, involving a total of 41 Airbus A330 and Boeing 737 aircraft, was part of the initiative to position the national airline as a five star value carrier (FSVC), as outlined in its business transformation plan unveiled in January.

It said the aircraft were refurbished with new seat covers, carpet and unpleated curtains, coupled with fresh and vibrant colours which aesthetically matched the whole cabin and improved the overall ambience.

“The programme is well on track and to date, the conversion has been completed on five B737-400 aircraft, apart from the Airbus A330-300 aircraft that went into operations today.

We expect to complete the refurbishment on all the Airbus A330 aircraft by Dec 28, 2008 and the B737-400 by Jan 15, 2009,” said MAS managing director Datuk Seri Idris Jala.

“This refurbishment complements the Malaysian Hospitality initiative that we launched in January. While the new aircraft that we ordered will be delivered gradually after 2010, it is imperative we upgrade the existing ones in our fleet to ensure we present a fresh inflight perspective of our quest to be a five-star value carrier.”

Thanks for the feedback email.... they'll get mine soon :rofl:

I hope I can see the pictures of the seats in the widebody. They look awful enough in the 737. But who knows, this smarties concept may look great if taken in large dosage. :drinks:

Well, that's in Y. It is awful bright red in C, but still same ancient seats. Big deal - for MH making noise on just changing seat covers, it is beginning to sound like it has run out of real substance.

Well, that's in Y. It is awful bright red in C, but still same ancient seats. Big deal - for MH making noise on just changing seat covers, it is beginning to sound like it has run out of real substance.

Is it just me, or does AK's dark black leather seats on a dark maroon red carpeting look much more classier than MH's kindergarten inspired, mixed colours seat scheme??

A low cost carrier

98832_1205201087_tb.jpg

A business class, frills orientated airline

85374_1211043281_tb.jpg

I guess this is what five star value carrier means. Nice one <_<

Edited by Mohd. Helmi